Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Incorrect season ticket refund amount

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unless social distancing has ended by the time the new season (20/21) starts in September I know that not everybody will be allowed to return to the Amex.

That being the case, those opting to get a credit for 19/20 by way of a reduction in the DD for 20/21 will still be paying for a product that we still won't be able to watch in person (at least not for every game).

The club has had weeks to set up the refunds to cards so the files should have been set up, checked, and been ready to go as soon as they had the green light. There seems no logic or reason as to who has got their refund and who hasn't. Shouldn't be down to the fans to have to chase up the club when their refunds haven't been received.

All a bit of a shambles. Barber is paid the equivalent of over 20 NHS matrons each year. Surely we have a right to expect him to get something like this right first time?

T

I wasn’t aware anything had actually gone wrong with this process. Those that paid by lump sum have been recredited by lump sum. Those that pay by DD are being refunded by the same method. All I am seeing is some fans not understanding these methods. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Email received this afternoon with reduced direct debit amounts reflecting the correct amount deducted from the missed games end of this season.

No issue here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone else a little uncomfortable with them sending an email confirming direct debits for next season when it is clear we won't be able to go for a good part of next season? Direct debits start 1st August, when does the season start? I get the admin need, but they are inevitably then going to have to adjust the while thing again leading to the multitude of problems as witnessed above.

I get they need the income but it's asking for trouble I think.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone else a little uncomfortable with them sending an email confirming direct debits for next season when it is clear we won't be able to go for a good part of next season? Direct debits start 1st August, when does the season start? I get the admin need, but they are inevitably then going to have to adjust the while thing again leading to the multitude of problems as witnessed above.

Direct debits started in March.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Why are they asking for trouble? They are required to notify you of changes to your BACS collection so why no do it now and then send something different nearer the time if it changes? There is no risk to you as you can claim under a BACS Indemnity with your bank. They have to give you 10 working days notice of changes and any reopening of stadia may not allow that much notice so they would be collecting in arrears which would cause more problems when collections bounce.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Not really, they are dealing with the situation as it currently stands - no decision has been taken on next season yet. If they need to revisit DDs later on the year they have shown they can do that without too much trouble.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Considering I've committed to paying for next season and the number of games behind closed doors is currently unknown (real chance none imo), I am more than happy to be paying now, rather than waiting and potentially getting a refund.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can’t believe the (small) level of ignorance on this thread. Other than a minor clerical error when a comm said the DD refunds would commence in June instead of July, from my perspective the process has been exactly as promised. I can only think that the few complainants didn’t read the emails sent to them.

Those saying that next seasons DD collections should be delayed clearly don’t understand the system, but clearly they do have a crystal ball in knowing when next season won’t start!

To compare Paul’s Barber’s salary to that of NHS matrons is pathetic (and dreadfully out of date).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
:bounce: Thought I would rescue this thread from obscurity .
I am owed £200 for the five home matches I have not been able to attend.
I am now paying by DD for next seasons home matches at the same cost as this season.
When will they reduce my DD payments.
I know, I may have missed something:p

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am now paying by DD for next seasons home matches at the same cost as this season.

I take it you didn't take up the payment holiday?

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

I have had an email from the club which reduces the DD payments in July

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You should have received an email recently outlining your new Direct Debit payments (I got mine on June 22nd). If you didn't take the payment break then your DD payments should be reduced from July's payment. If you took the payment break then payments will restart in August but it's likely the 3 months owed for the payment break and the amount owed from last season pretty much cancel each other out so you might not see a massive change in your payments (at least that's what a few have reported on this thread).

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

You should have had your £200 back..I had mine 12th June back into account without asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here