Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Incompetence or Corruption?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Trying to process that debacle. It comes down to 2 simple factors IMO.

Incompetence or corruption?

This was supposed to be a poll and I'm too drunk and too upset to try and work out why it didn't work as well. f*** everything.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Put simply, 3 minutes scrutiny to disallow Mitoma's (perfectly good goal), 3 seconds to wave away a blatant penalty on Mitoma.

Ref was absolutely abysmal all game, VAR was something I really couldn't understand today.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Guardian removed all accusations of corruption from the BTL comments. Incredibly there are suggestions of corruption on Spurs' forum: https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/spurs-vs-brighton-sat-8-april-3pm.47732/page-90. That's how one sided the officiating was today.

I don't think it is corruption. I think that the unconscious bias runs incredibly deep and that this is a more insidious inequality blighting the game. JC and WA were pointing out early on that Attwell was talking to Moises after his first foul, but that no Spurs players got the same treatment, even after repeated offences. They always give the benefit of the doubt to big name teams and players. Today was a microcosm of the bias that we and clubs like us live with in the EPL. We are second class citizens to officials, to the TV, to the media. PGMOL will be able to brush off today's farago before the weekend is out. Had the same decisions been made against our opponents or any of their Superleague co-conspirators, there would be dozens of media pieces throughout the week raking over the coals and holding their feet to the fire. They know this. They don't have to give a second thought to stitching up clubs of our size. Most of them are starf***ers and just want a bit of reflected glory. They get that from the clubs with which the media are obsessed and so don't want to blot their copybook with any of them. Its a boysclub and we're not members. It's disgusting, but no money is needed to buy them. They are already bought.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I really want to say incompetence but it was so bad today that I’m struggling and I really don’t want to think the league is corrupt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here