Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Incompetence or Corruption?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Trying to process that debacle. It comes down to 2 simple factors IMO.

Incompetence or corruption?

This was supposed to be a poll and I'm too drunk and too upset to try and work out why it didn't work as well. f*** everything.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It’s not incompetence anymore. No one can be that incompetent if they tried.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Incompetence by ever epic proportions.

Danny Murphy is fantastic on TS in taking this head on. Whilst predictably SJ takes the contrarian view, it will be this “So, Dunk didn’t make any mistakes in the game?” etc.

Missing the point in this era. The VAR official, with no crowd or player pressure, has time with no distractions, to make simple, correct judgements.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Maybe I'm naive but I can't believe it's corruption. Only thing I can think of is unconscious bias towards the bigger teams.

PGMOL need to explain why our two late penalty shouts weren't looked at. They were both obvious pens to anyone. I just don't understand it.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I vote corruption. Those decisions were beyond doubt and beyond incompetence. Blatant cheating/corruption. The Mitoma penalty was stonewall and yet they waved it away with barely a second glance…if there was doubt about it being a penalty (and there obviously was because Shatwell didn’t give it originally) then look at it a few times. But no.

Further words fail me.

Apart from f***ing cheating ****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here