[Football] Incompetence or Corruption?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Trying to process that debacle. It comes down to 2 simple factors IMO.

Incompetence or corruption?

This was supposed to be a poll and I'm too drunk and too upset to try and work out why it didn't work as well. f*** everything.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think incompetence with unconscious bias going Spurs’ way today.

I say this on the basis that’s there’s no way that corruption had anything to do with that dreadful decision against Palace the other week. The standard of VAR officiating is just terrible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think incompetence with unconscious bias going Spurs’ way today.

I say this on the basis that’s there’s no way that corruption had anything to do with that dreadful decision against Palace the other week. The standard of VAR officiating is just terrible.
Of course that was corrupt, nobody is that stupid/incompetant when you have ALL the angles and time to study them and it’s your only job

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
if Kane had been fouled in the area like that would it have been waved away.
We all know the answer to that
Yep, that's the yardstick and it would have been 100% a penalty as he would have gone down for a start.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There was a good article the other week in the Guardian about referees and at the end of it I had some sympathy for the job they do.

But that? No. Incompetence or corruption or whatever it isn't good enough.

Apparently, according to that article, ref performances get marked out of 100% for accuracy. What do we think for that one? Because that game will be marked at 90+% accuracy and that is part of the problem

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There was a good article the other week in the Guardian about referees and at the end of it I had some sympathy for the job they do.

But that? No. Incompetence or corruption or whatever it isn't good enough.

Apparently, according to that article, ref performances get marked out of 100% for accuracy. What do we think for that one? Because that game will be marked at 90+% accuracy and that is part of the problem
I’ve always had sympathy for on-field officials. They generally got the calls right and you could be pragmatic about those they got wrong on basis of having to make a split-second decision potentially without he best view. VAR just makes me angry; the decision making seems to have got worse and with good quality slo-mo laying bare the utter incompetence.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is either barely disguised corruption or incompetence so bad that it should not be tolerated.

Someone at the club needs to demand answers, as VAR not doing its job has now cost us in several games.

Quite frankly, whichever is the answer, I personally won't be satisfied until someone has lost their job over it.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I’ve lost count of the times amongst our mob I have text it’s corrupt . Today I watched the game in hurghada with three spurs fans and an arsenal fan by the end they were laughing at how the decisions went against us . They did admit when watching your own team it’s difficult to see how the other side see it but even they thought we were robbed

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I will also make this fact now . In the semi final the fa don’t want sheff Utd or Brighton in the final they WANT city v Utd the game WILL have more var corrupt Decisions against us for a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat defeat mark my words!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
most telling factor which makes me think corruption is these things always happen in the 15:00 games. much easier to get away with when it’s not televised
It was televised, I watched it on Peacock.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
On what grounds was the Mitoma penalty looked at and dismissed so quickly? Why would you not look at that from every possible angle? And then send the ref for a look.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s funny - because Grimsby fans claimed premier league bias when Sanchez ‘handled’ outside the area and it wasn’t given !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports