Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

• Yes - we're in the hat

Votes: 290 85.0%
  • No - fearing the nerves of being 5-0 down to City at half-time on Wednesday night

Votes: 51 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
0-6 vs Man City

0-5 vs Villa

Neither strike me as being unrealistic. If we avoid getting hammered on Wednesday night then I'll feel a whole lot better about it.
Surely if we lose 6-0 to city, the brings the GD down to 10 difference. The fact that we have a goals scored of 20+ more than Villa means we need to lose both by 6 clear goals?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely if we lose 6-0 to city, the brings the GD down to 10 difference. The fact that we have a goals scored of 20+ more than Villa means we need to lose both by 6 clear goals?
Villa have only scored 3 or more goals 4 times this season, the most in a game is 4 and they have done that once.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I said yes but in reality I'm a no. If we lose by no more than 3 goals on Wednesday then I'll start to relax. My fear is that we don't have a "play for a 0-0 draw" setting under RDZ. The only setting we have is "s**t or bust". Can we sub in CH as manager for one game only please?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
They had a club party last night after the game.
Well I saw him after the game and reckon he was already on the sauce probably knowing he wasn't playing. He likes a party I believe. They'll be a pushover on Wednesday and Pep will be furious, I hope!

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think getting points out of the next 2 games is going to be difficult, and at 2-2 yesterday I really thought we were going to f*** it up.
Anyway, it wasn't 2-2 and Gross stuck in a 3rd so yes I think we're there.
However, I totally agree that RdZ wants the players focussed and another point is what is required to nail it on for certain

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think Veltman coming off was partly to avoid another yellow but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was a planned change. Coming back from injury and 2 more games we’d want him starting in a week means he was never likely to play 90 mins yesterday.
I think it was planned he should come off after an hour, as he started wandering across the pitch to come off at the round of substitutions prior to the one where he eventually did come off.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We need to keep it professional last 2 games and not be too gung ho. It would take a balls up of monumental proportions and I don’t think RDZ would let that happen

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think it was planned he should come off after an hour, as he started wandering across the pitch to come off at the round of substitutions prior to the one where he eventually did come off.
Yeah Joel seemed convinced he was coming off when Welbeck replaced Ferguson after 65 mins. He was almost at the touch line before he realised he wasn’t being subbed at the time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes. In my mind we are there.

Of course a debacle on Wednesday will change my mind, but if we keep Villa's win-by target unrealistic then I'll have no worries on the final day.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I had a horrible thought, if the FA were to suddenly grow a pair and hit City with a big enough points deduction to knock them out of the top 6 and City won the FA cup and City didn't win the Champions League, wouldn't they get our Europa League spot?

Of course, the probabilities there are probably something like: City lose Champions League final > City win FA Cup final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FA grow a pair.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, no?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I said yes but in reality I'm a no. If we lose by no more than 3 goals on Wednesday then I'll start to relax. My fear is that we don't have a "play for a 0-0 draw" setting under RDZ. The only setting we have is "s**t or bust". Can we sub in CH as manager for one game only please?
I think if Villa have to chase lots of goals against us it will play into our hands. They may get them, but doubt they'll keep a clean sheet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here