Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

In your mind, have we qualified for the Europa League?

• Yes - we're in the hat

Votes: 290 85.0%
  • No - fearing the nerves of being 5-0 down to City at half-time on Wednesday night

Votes: 51 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Guardiola will take us more seriously than he took Chelsea yesterday. The league is won, but he is intrigued by RDZ and will want to step up to the challenge of playing against the style. In the away game, he actually made them more direct, we had more posession, but they got the ball forward to Haaland quickly.

He will also still be annoyed by coming to us after they had won the league and losing 3-2 in the first game back from lockdown. What he can't control is how much his players are focusing on our game and how much they are worrying about staying fit for the two finals.

If RDZ has to put out the same team that played Newcastle, we could get overrun. I think that Veltman was subbed yesterday as a precaution against a second yellow. If he is available, we should be able to put out a team that more resembles us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Guardiola will take us more seriously than he took Chelsea yesterday. The league is won, but he is intrigued by RDZ and will want to step up to the challenge of playing against the style. In the away game, he actually made them more direct, we had more posession, but they got the ball forward to Haaland quickly.

He will also still be annoyed by coming to us after they had won the league and losing 3-2 in the first game back from lockdown. What he can't control is how much his players are focusing on our game and how much they are worrying about staying fit for the two finals.

If RDZ has to put out the same team that played Newcastle, we could get overrun. I think that Veltman was subbed yesterday as a precaution against a second yellow. If he is available, we should be able to put out a team that more resembles us.
Agree. If we're playing a weakened side it will only be weakened in the "Mahrez, Foden, Laporte" sense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I had wondered whether we should call them up and propose that we agree a point each and take them all out on the razz instead of playing the match. Pep and RDZ and their staff could go to 'All You Can Eat' at Pizza Hut in North Street and the players could get on the snakebite and black and head for the Hungry Years.*

*- (An offer that would have been snapped up by the late 70s NWOBHM Ipswich Town side that were all mates with Ian Gillan)
Something like this - but agree with them (if they play nicely, and don't get all sneering and superior like they did when they narrowly beat our yoof and rezzies in the cup a few years ago) to play a nice gentle game of rolling the ball round the centre circle (a la The Dell, 1978).
Then, when Spurs are 3-0 up at Leeds, and all celebrating madly that they've pipped Villa to get 7th. place and into the conference. we contrive a ceremonial Dunk OG in the 92nd. minute ......................

.........revenge! Stewart Attwell, VAR, 1978 - your boys took one hell of a beating! :) :) :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
7mnwp0.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
0-6 vs Man City

0-5 vs Villa

Neither strike me as being unrealistic. If we avoid getting hammered on Wednesday night then I'll feel a whole lot better about it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I think Veltman coming off was partly to avoid another yellow but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was a planned change. Coming back from injury and 2 more games we’d want him starting in a week means he was never likely to play 90 mins yesterday.

Last edited:

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I voted yes. However, decades of being an Albion fan has left a nasty virus lurking in my brain that makes even the remotest negative outcome seem possible. So I'll be bricking it at least until Man C is over and we've not had our GD mullered.

I think I'd like to see us pretty much shut up shop vs City and hope for a quiet night. I know it's not RDZ's style but needs must.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I saw Grealish yesterday on the telly and I swear he was drunk. They are on the lash I tell you. Their eyes are on the two cup finals they are in. It wouldn't surprise anyone if we and Brentford beat them and it will mean nothing to all but Pep.
They had a club party last night after the game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not until we've out-shithoused Villa and come away with at least a point. We owe them one and I want to see them cry like spoilt little girls.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's scary that Man City's subs bench v Chelsea was good enough to win any game v anyone,it doesn't really matter who they rest they're still ridiculously strong,thing is so are we and we'll give them a right good game Wednesday and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't improve our goal difference and sneak a win.

I posted a while back it would be great if when we play Villa both teams need a point to oust Spuds and it looks like that could happen,of course you wouldn't catch our team playing for the draw 😉

Just relax and enjoy the rest of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am shitting myself and I don’t buy into City being on the beach, they have reserves who will go at it hammer and tong to get a Cup Final and CL final place, and I fully expect VAR, the ref or Albion being knackered leading to a stuffing by a hyped up Villa.

We are not there yet son :eek:

and no I don’t trust anybody or anything to make life easy for us, but the Brentford result shocked me!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Spurs being out of Europe altogether might actually help them rather than the conference could hinder them, they don’t have the squad of Chelsea who now have a whole different problem in terms squad numbers and no Europe.
Chelsea will be a fire sale this summer, whereas Spurs less so if they don’t get Europe. I’d rather spurs because a) their entitled fans would see it as beneath them and it wouldn’t really change their squad, and b) it would be so fecking funny on Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here