In the words of Tommy Fraser...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Brighton f***ed me off,They told me I was getting a new contract, I have an offer on the table from Palace and a couple of other clubs." He told some guys at the cricket today.

Quite a few Brighton players in the stand today Elphick, virgo and then an astonishing amount of X players, Fraser, Chamberlain, Brencher, Royce, Gatting...

Great game and great win for Sussex with Nash getting man of the match and a quality game all round from Dwayne Smith. Returning to the above I do feel sorry for the player but he wasn't going to take us forward and the fact he has a supposed offer from Palace is surprising, I cant help feel its just a lie to get people to F off.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I saw him and Elphick and he Fraser didn't look happy at all :glare:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought he was a poor footballer and I think we needed to get rid of players like himself in order to progress as a club, I hope he finds a new club though and I'm glad he's got a few offers to consider because I've met him once or twice and he seems a decent guy so I don't wish him anything negative.

I'm not contradicting myself, I've always said he's a poor footballer and I've always said it's the players like himself whom we need to clear. But that's just a footballing opinion, I've nothing against the guy personally.

I think joining Palace would be a cracking move for him personally, but a bloody weird move!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And why would Fraser be told there 'was a contract on the table' ? I dont think so.
He is bigging himself up.... always thought he was a fringe player .

He is young and shall improve. He hasn't disgraced himself in the shirt. Perhaps it was suggested that he was going to be given a contract, but then MA left? Fringe player maybe, but we shall always need fringe players. Look at our injury record!

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
We dont need fringe players now..... we need a squad that can rotate ! 17 players that can all compete ...having said that , why the f*** is Dixon still here.......he must have 'something' on someone at the club....he's barely BSC !!

We dont need fringe players now..... we need a squad that can rotate ! 17 players that can all compete ...having said that , why the f*** is Dixon still here.......he must have 'something' on someone at the club....he's barely BSC !!

It is quite a simple answer as to why Dixon is still here... Nobody wants to pay for him and Brighton don't want to make a loss/have to pay him off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Rotate the squad! You are having a laugh. Either that or you are Rafa in disguise. You do not need to rotate a squad in League one. What will get you promoted is stability and your best players remaining injury free.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Rotate the squad! You are having a laugh. Either that or you are Rafa in disguise. You do not need to rotate a squad in League one. What will get you promoted is stability and your best players remaining injury free.

Dont be stupid..of course im not Rafa.. All im saying is that with the money that is now in the club, we can probably sign decent enough players, so that we can can have a solid 16-17 players , so that if injuries happen, the likes of Dixon, Loft, El Abd( not sure why he is rill around) , arnt considered. A Squad of 13 decent players isnt going to get us into the Champinship

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Micky barely played him compared to Russell so I can't imagine he promised a new contract. Anyway, my opinions are:

1) No way was any player told there was a "deal on the table" prior to the day they all got released. It would be totally pointless and unprofessional.

2) If Fraser is that "f***ed off," he should have done a bit more on the pitch while he was here in order to make it impossible for us not to keep him.

3) The need by some to whip up some controversy here is uncalled for. Facts of the matter are that a local lad tried his best but ultimately wasn't close to being good enough. It happens up and down the country to hundreds of players. No need to make out Fraser is bitter about it.

4) If he really has got an offer from Palace then he should sign it. He won't get anything else nearly as good, so if this contract exists it'll be signed. And anyone who says he's wrong to do so is an idiot.

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports