Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the words of Tommy Fraser...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The thing is, no matter how much money we have you cant make a team go from surviving relegation on the last day of the season to promotion in the next season.

It could all go horribly wrong next season and we could be left with a team full of players who dont have the fight for next relegation!

Fraser wouldnt have been on much money so I dont see the problem in keeping him on for another year?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Micky barely played him compared to Russell so I can't imagine he promised a new contract. Anyway, my opinions are:

1) No way was any player told there was a "deal on the table" prior to the day they all got released. It would be totally pointless and unprofessional.

2) If Fraser is that "f***ed off," he should have done a bit more on the pitch while he was here in order to make it impossible for us not to keep him.

3) The need by some to whip up some controversy here is uncalled for. Facts of the matter are that a local lad tried his best but ultimately wasn't close to being good enough. It happens up and down the country to hundreds of players. No need to make out Fraser is bitter about it.

4) If he really has got an offer from Palace then he should sign it. He won't get anything else nearly as good, so if this contract exists it'll be signed. And anyone who says he's wrong to do so is an idiot.

100% agreed...l

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Im sure what peoples problem was with him, everytime I saw him he was solid enough and would have made a good squad player in the Hart mould. He is a much better player than El Abd who somehow gets games despite endless errors.

Russell sussed El-Abd quickly too tho'... how many times did he start under Russ? Not many, if any...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The thing is, no matter how much money we have you cant make a team go from surviving relegation on the last day of the season to promotion in the next season.

It could all go horribly wrong next season and we could be left with a team full of players who dont have the fight for next relegation!

Fraser wouldnt have been on much money so I dont see the problem in keeping him on for another year?

So negative! Many clubs have gone from relegation fodder to promo challengers, even in the same season... for example, dare I say it, Palar$e...

Micky barely played him compared to Russell so I can't imagine he promised a new contract. Anyway, my opinions are:

1) No way was any player told there was a "deal on the table" prior to the day they all got released. It would be totally pointless and unprofessional.

2) If Fraser is that "f***ed off," he should have done a bit more on the pitch while he was here in order to make it impossible for us not to keep him.

3) The need by some to whip up some controversy here is uncalled for. Facts of the matter are that a local lad tried his best but ultimately wasn't close to being good enough. It happens up and down the country to hundreds of players. No need to make out Fraser is bitter about it.

4) If he really has got an offer from Palace then he should sign it. He won't get anything else nearly as good, so if this contract exists it'll be signed. And anyone who says he's wrong to do so is an idiot.

I don't think he meant there was a deal prior to the day he was released, i think he was told and given hints a few weeks before. Anyway I am only telling you what he said and if he is at the next 20/20 I will say hello and ask him how things are going.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Can't argue with that... Fraser 'stating' the Palace offer smacks of *coughs*bullshit*coughs* in a bid to gain some extra sympathy. I think many fans sympathise with him anyway though.
Let's be fair, he fibbed through his back teeth trying to claim a 'goal' which was never ever his during the Hartlepool home cup match :lolol:

Or possibly by quoting Palace as the interested party, if none exists, gives him an excuse to "turn it down". If he had said any other club then we would expect him to turn up there or it would be shown to be a lie. That's assuming any of these quotes attributed to him are true of course.

For what it's worth I think he was worth keeping as a squad player as he has shown sparks of ability that could develop as he gets older

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And maybe you think a squad of 13 1st team is enough >

A squad of 13! Interesting comment bearing in mind you can have 5 substitutes these days. You clearly referred to a squad that can rotate. Squad rotation is an entirely different concept from having good cover for all positions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
QUOTE]

Portsmouth. Avoided relegation from Nationwide Div 1 by 4 points and were promoted as Champions the following year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
QUOTE]

Portsmouth. Avoided relegation from Nationwide Div 1 by 4 points and were promoted as Champions the following year.

to be fair, they were in that position due to the CRACKING decision to appoint graham rix as manager. then they replaced him with redknapp, and gave him a shit load of money

palace is a good example under dowie of what a change of manager can do - our team should never have been down the bottom of that league last season, and the only reason we were was because of the decision to bring adams back and his complete ineptitude. with virtually the same team of players - indeed, players such as loft and fraser, that adams didnt think was good enough - slade came in and kept us up

if he can achieve promotion form with players that he has released for deeming not good enough, then with the improvements that are come to the squad there is no reason why we cant go from being relegation candidates to promotion material

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
to be fair, they were in that position due to the CRACKING decision to appoint graham rix as manager. then they replaced him with redknapp, and gave him a shit load of money

palace is a good example under dowie of what a change of manager can do - our team should never have been down the bottom of that league last season, and the only reason we were was because of the decision to bring adams back and his complete ineptitude. with virtually the same team of players - indeed, players such as loft and fraser, that adams didnt think was good enough - slade came in and kept us up

if he can achieve promotion form with players that he has released for deeming not good enough, then with the improvements that are come to the squad there is no reason why we cant go from being relegation candidates to promotion material

It could equally be said that we were in the cracking position of being relegation candidates because of the decision to appoint Adams. We now have money (although I don't believe it is the intention to splash it around in the transfer market) and a new manager!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do you not think that with the 'millions' that have appeared out of no wherere,that a few thousand cant be got rid of ?...........sorry it doesnt add up.
The man is shite..just bin him!!! Get rid... why keep him?

the club have yet to announce which "still in contract" players would be available for transfer as the window has yet to open.

Be patient :nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
the club have yet to announce which "still in contract" players would be available for transfer as the window has yet to open.

Be patient :nono:

There should be an announcement fairly soon which wil give them a chance of finding a club willing to take them. ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I predict Dixon , El Abd , Hawkins and Livermore will be put on the list. Davies is 50/50 but wouldn't be surprised to see him sent out on loan to regain confidence.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Who gives a toss about the tedious little prick?

Yes - some of us think he's shit.
Yes - some of us think he's been hard done by.

But why are we having the same debate over and over again? Because the arrogant little shit is pathetic enough to tell people to post what is probably total bullshit about him on here. The fact that he's got an attitude like it is quite possibly one of the reasons why he was released.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if Fraser has been taking coaching lessons from little Leon ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

great idea...let's assume we will be in relegation trouble and sign players accordingly!

Idiot:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here