• In

Votes: 134 40.1%
  • Out

Votes: 200 59.9%

• Total voters

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Never a pen on Lualua because he stayed on his feet. If he went down then he might have a case. Thought the ref was quality. One of the best i've seen. He didn't mess about with time wasters and booked Tex for not retreating for a corner.

Are you taking the piss? Firstly, he was fouled so it's irrelevant whether he stayed on his feet. Referee's complain about players going down but when they stay on their feet, they don't give the decisions.

As for the rest, as with Huddersfield the referee booked us for almost anything while letting them get away with the same things. He let off two or three bad fouls from them and booked us for similar/lesser offences. According to Andy Naylor on Twitter, the referee hails from Bournemouth so I don't understand why he refereed the match.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
IN - this season is a work in progress, today's performance with two strikers scoring will kick start things. We've had more than our share of bad luck, things will improve when the strikers confidence improves. This has happened today with Baldock & Colunga. I feel positive that Sami and the boys will come good and 2015/16 will be our year.

Sorry but what bad luck?

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
In again for me. Moved to out last week but thought we played well and it was bad luck, poor refereeing (especially clear penalty for LuaLua at 2-2) and defensive mistakes which cost us. You can't blame Hyypia for Greer's own goal or Dunk stupidly diving in for their penalty.

It looks like the board are backing him with a couple of signings so hopefully they'll pay off. If we don't win one of the next two home games, he may well go then.

Seeing an awful lot of negativity tonight from people who clearly weren't at the game (especially the Hyypia out thread at half time). To be honest, there were tickets available still today. Why not support your club and go to the game rather than moaning on the Internet?

If we don't win either of our next two home games will you move back to the out camp? Just curious...

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I vote out but it's more complex than that.

He should go because the team lacks a structure and a plan.

At the same time the signings came too late and were not good enough. Key assets were not replaced. Therefore the issues go deeper than the manager.

Oscar perhaps did a really good job last year. After Gus left the team it must have been really hard to try and keep the team together - and as we know several team members were demotivated. We had an appalling injury crisis, yet we reached the play-offs. He may have been dull, but that was a real achievement.

If we are short of resources for new signings then we now need a new manager with a record of success with limited resources.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Are you taking the piss? Firstly, he was fouled so it's irrelevant whether he stayed on his feet. Referee's complain about players going down but when they stay on their feet, they don't give the decisions.

As for the rest, as with Huddersfield the referee booked us for almost anything while letting them get away with the same things. He let off two or three bad fouls from them and booked us for similar/lesser offences. According to Andy Naylor on Twitter, the referee hails from Bournemouth so I don't understand why he refereed the match.
Which Albion booking do you disagree with? In fact which yellow card for either team?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Which Albion booking do you disagree with? In fact which yellow card for either team?

Calderon's was harsh. Bennett was for dissent yet Bournemouth players protested after a number of decisions, especially Ritchie after we were given a free kick, and didn't get a booking.

As for decisions I'd question, one of their players took out Bennett on the edge of the area after a great passing move and didn't get booked. And there were a couple of other fouls which could have been bookings. He was massively inconsistent and I genuinely can't see how you think he was good.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Depends on circumstances but it might get to the point where we have little choice. However, I really think we were unlucky today and it would be extremely harsh to sack Hyypia on the back of that game.

When you say unlucky, seems to me that we have had two months of being unlucky. Over the last two months we have played well and not won, we have played poorly and not won and a few games where we looked clueless. It's no good waiting for us to be in the relegation zone, because it will take time for a new manager to turn things around. As well as you think we played today, Bournemouth never looked like they would lose the game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
When you say unlucky, seems to me that we have had two months of being unlucky. Over the last two months we have played well and not won, we have played poorly and not won and a few games where we looked clueless. It's no good waiting for us to be in the relegation zone, because it will take time for a new manager to turn things around. As well as you think we played today, Bournemouth never looked like they would lose the game.

I can see your point but thought today's performance should give Hyypia the two home games coming up at least. We've been awful in some games this season (last weekend being a classic example as we were lucky to get a point). We had chances to go ahead early on and then when LuaLua was fouled in the area (when we should have had a penalty) and still got a cross in that almost led to a goal. If we'd got ahead, different game and we might have been able to hold on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In for me for the timebeing. We worked incredibly hard, attacking Bournemouth in packs, and played some beautiful football. I hope we go with that same desire and effort on Tuesday, without handing Wigan 3 goals. Elliott will give us some real threat as well.
We have handed a lot of teams goals this season.

December is decision time for me, until then we support him by aumenting his ineffective squad

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Depends on circumstances but it might get to the point where we have little choice. However, I really think we were unlucky today and it would be extremely harsh to sack Hyypia on the back of that game.

I get your point. However it's a results business and the table doesn't lie eh?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I can see your point but thought today's performance should give Hyypia the two home games coming up at least. We've been awful in some games this season (last weekend being a classic example as we were lucky to get a point). We had chances to go ahead early on and then when LuaLua was fouled in the area (when we should have had a penalty) and still got a cross in that almost led to a goal. If we'd got ahead, different game and we might have been able to hold on.

You keep saying unlucky, as well as we played some good football today, we also played poorly at times. It's at those times we are losing points. Last week being a good example,we go in at half time and instead of coming out and keeping it tight, we fall asleep at the back and concede a poor goal. Today was the same, we were all over the place at the back at times.When we scored our second, we should have taken control of the game, instead Bournemouth stepped up a gear and we gave away a penalty.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ernest didn't give a fence option but I am taking it anyway. The recent Pardew and Allardyce case studies in the Premier League hint at the possible benefits of sticking with a struggling manager. There is also the small point that if we have to pay out Hyppia's contract while paying for a new manager than that is all less cash to be diverted towards an already struggling squad. These points lead me to believe there is sense in giving Hyppia longer to start teasing out results.

Then for every encouraging away performance (Forest, Watford, Bournemouth) there is a dispiriting, gutless home display. There is the nagging feeling that we are not really developing or getting any close to gelling as a team and that Hyppia, in actual fact, is just not very good.

Fence, fence, fence.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Watched the game, here in Spain, and thought they did pretty well, tbh. Don't look down on "little Bournemouth" they have money behind them, a pretty good squad and, imo, one of the best managers at this level. It doesn't mean he could replicate that anywhere else, he is just a great fit for where he is. In a way he reminds me of Mullery. We had great success under Alan but he didn't do much after that.
I think the commentary said that we have had more shots at goal in the division second only to Norwich. The system works and we just need a bit of luck.
We looked in control for most of that game and considering that they scored one more goal than us was down to an own goal and a penalty speaks volumes.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Please, please, please stop giving him time. Has our expectations dropped so much that we're encouraged by a 3-2 loss to Bournemouth? There is absolutely no way that this is going to end well if he stays. He is not a winner as a manager at all and all those complete morons who point to Pardew and Allardyce, well they HAVE EXPERIENCE. Our CHEAP manager does not.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
and all those complete morons who point to Pardew and Allardyce, well they HAVE EXPERIENCE. Our CHEAP manager does not.

Don't use the plural. It's only me that mentioned Pardew and Allardyce so I am the complete moron you are referring to.

You selectively quote me anyway. The second half of my post raises the possibility that Hyppia is simply no good as a manager. As I said before, I am on the fence. I don't enjoy being on it either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here