Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impeccable Source

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
LB (that's Lord Bracknell) may be able to confirm but from a friend down that way - chance that Barker might sign for Newport......hasnt broken into their first team in his loan spell but done enough to get a short term deal. Guessing we will cancel his contract/let him go on a free.

Naylor tweeted earlier, that there may be news, in the next couple of days, of a non first teamer joining a lower league club

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ummm, might I suggest that naming your various sources isn't a good idea? There's a decent chance that the individual(s) will have broken their employment contract &/or confidentiality agreement in telling you anything to do with transfers. If so, the club would almost have to investigate any employee named on here and, if necessary, take disciplinary action against them.

I guess TB, as 90%+ owner, would be exempt from this policy; though if he is one of the sources, may be somewhat more circumspect in his discussions with fans in the future if he realised that what he said in a private conversation was going to be sprayed across NSC.

TB is a very shrewd guy , he would only impart this kind of information knowing it would be common knowledge shortly afterwards. Those of us with sources know full well that the days of concrete info is a thing of the past and it is now rumour and hearsay for the most part.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I don't know who the fellow posting on our RTG messageboard as Perseus is but his comments are interesting. He's surprised we're bidding for Bridcutt as "he's a similar type of player to Lee Cattermole, only probably not as good".
I think I'd take that comment with a large pinch of salt.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Some players just shouldn't be abbreviated. LB in footballing terms is 'left back'. If you can't be bothered to use the eight letters of his last name, just say 'Liam' instead. 'LB' is confusing.

I agree I could never understand why we are paying good money for some pig, does it help with the grass growth or something

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
:lolol: Someone had better tell Gus that then.

It says here:

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet hopes to sign Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt in the next 24 hours.

Poyet worked with the former Chelsea junior when in charge of the Seagulls.

Sky Sports says the Black Cats hope to have reached an agreement with Brighton for the highly-rated midfielder by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football...to-wrap-up-deal-for-brightons-bridcutt-today/

He came on as a sub for us v Newport so unless I'm much mistaken, he can't play for two different teams in the same competition in the same season ... :shrug:

Maybe Sky's info is they want the deal done and out of the way before they turn their attentions to Man U. Even if Bridders isn't going to feature.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:lolol: Someone had better tell Gus that then.

It says here:

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet hopes to sign Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt in the next 24 hours.

Poyet worked with the former Chelsea junior when in charge of the Seagulls.

Sky Sports says the Black Cats hope to have reached an agreement with Brighton for the highly-rated midfielder by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football...to-wrap-up-deal-for-brightons-bridcutt-today/

It doesn't actually say if he can or can't play in the game it just says he hopes to complete the signing by then

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Some players just shouldn't be abbreviated. LB in footballing terms is 'left back'. If you can't be bothered to use the eight letters of his last name, just say 'Liam' instead. 'LB' is confusing.

The abbreviation LB on NSC is very confusing , you automatically think of Lord Bracknell :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's as good a rumour as anyone else has offered up. :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He came on as a sub for us v Newport so unless I'm much mistaken, he can't play for two different teams in the same competition in the same season ... :shrug:

Yep came on for Ince and played 4 or 5 mins.

Maybe Sky's info is they want the deal done and out of the way before they turn their attentions to Man U. Even if Bridders isn't going to feature.

Yep, it left it open for different interpretations and when I first saw it I had forgot he had played against Newport.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Wow! I won't sleep tonight.

images

I guess TB, as 90%+ owner, would be exempt from this policy; though if he is one of the sources, may be somewhat more circumspect in his discussions with fans in the future if he realised that what he said in a private conversation was going to be sprayed across NSC.
I wouldn't worry about Tone. His indiscretions are probably just a coded message that he's planning a move to Pompey, or some other struggling club that might appreciate having a millionaire owner.

Although it's worth noting that, at last month's meeting with fans in Dick's Bar, he more or less blurted out his wish to hang on to the current team as long as they are performing well.

I know what you mean. Maybe I shouldn't have bought that train ticket to Sunderland until the rumours were confirmed.

Regards.
LB

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know who the fellow posting on our RTG messageboard as Perseus is but his comments are interesting. He's surprised we're bidding for Bridcutt as "he's a similar type of player to Lee Cattermole, only probably not as good".

Perseus is on here and has said the same thing. You're right to take his comment with a pinch of salt.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Has Gus sold anyone yet to raise the funds?

He has said he would take £10m for Fletcher and Celtic have offered £6m for him. Other than that I haven't heard of any other Sunderland player having an offer made on them.

If Gus hopes that Bridcutt signs in time to play against Man U tomorrow he had better take Celtic up on their offer and put £4m on Blooms desk tomorrow morning.

He's cuptied.

Stumpy Tim

Perseus is mental. The best course of action is to take his opinion, work out what the opposite is and go with that

LB (that's Lord Bracknell) may be able to confirm but from a friend down that way - chance that Barker might sign for Newport......hasnt broken into their first team in his loan spell but done enough to get a short term deal. Guessing we will cancel his contract/let him go on a free.
There's a whole thread on Newport County's message board about County's current problems scoring goals (odd, since they've got the 6th best goal difference in League Two), and - in 72 posts - there's not a single post that mentions the word "Barker", even though it was widely assumed that Justin Edinburgh had drafted him into the squad because of doubts about Danny Crow (who is the current fans' scapegoat).

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32743

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here