Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impeccable Source

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Has Gus sold anyone yet to raise the funds?

He has said he would take £10m for Fletcher and Celtic have offered £6m for him. Other than that I haven't heard of any other Sunderland player having an offer made on them.

If Gus hopes that Bridcutt signs in time to play against Man U tomorrow he had better take Celtic up on their offer and put £4m on Blooms desk tomorrow morning.

Well he can't play v Man U anyway, as he's Carling Cup-tied :)

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I cant see LB going to Sunderland at all. Why trade a potential promotion with a very likely relegation? If he goes anywhere it will be to a mid table.. likely to stay up team. My feeling is that he will stay until the end of this season then head off.. he will stay.. certainly if we get promotion I feel.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Impeccable Source
well they all say that don't they
lets all worry or otherwise when or if it happens

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well he can't play v Man U anyway, as he's Carling Cup-tied :)

:lolol: Someone had better tell Gus that then.

It says here:

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet hopes to sign Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt in the next 24 hours.

Poyet worked with the former Chelsea junior when in charge of the Seagulls.

Sky Sports says the Black Cats hope to have reached an agreement with Brighton for the highly-rated midfielder by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football...to-wrap-up-deal-for-brightons-bridcutt-today/

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Travelling back with TB and his brother from up north the other week this is exactly what they said to me and nick c. I didn't get the impression that this was a state secret and so am happy to name them as a source. in fact THE source I suppose.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Not really. Either Sunderland (or anyone else) up their offer or he's not going anywhere. Simple.

Don't want to, indicates to me a certain acceptance of the inevitable. Which is that he will go this month. We may haggle a bit, but he is off.

Not going anywhere, would hint to me that we genuinely thought a deal wouldn't be struck.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Travelling back with TB and his brother from up north the other week this is exactly what they said to me and nick c. I didn't get the impression that this was a state secret and so am happy to name them as a source. in fact THE source I suppose.

And this is public knowledge anyway.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm happy to name my source if the others on here are happy to name theirs

*edit* Just seen Simster and Merry Prankster have named theirs so just Westdene Seagull left ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ummm, might I suggest that naming your various sources isn't a good idea? There's a decent chance that the individual(s) will have broken their employment contract &/or confidentiality agreement in telling you anything to do with transfers. If so, the club would almost have to investigate any employee named on here and, if necessary, take disciplinary action against them.

I guess TB, as 90%+ owner, would be exempt from this policy; though if he is one of the sources, may be somewhat more circumspect in his discussions with fans in the future if he realised that what he said in a private conversation was going to be sprayed across NSC.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Apparently, i have it on good authority that the board and management don't want to sell anyone in this transfer window and would just like to get Conway permanently if we can afford him ???

Carry on

With respect I could have guessed this would be their wish but unless we sell LB now or offer him a new deal he will be off on a free.

Also the club owe it to their players to notify them of any interest and allow them to consider sensible options.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And my source says he isn't going anywhere at this point, unless the offer is increased substantially. People can make their own minds up I guess.

Indeed - which is why on the LB rumours thread I said people could take or leave my information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here