Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impeccable Source

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some players just shouldn't be abbreviated. LB in footballing terms is 'left back'. If you can't be bothered to use the eight letters of his last name, just say 'Liam' instead. 'LB' is confusing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ummm, might I suggest that naming your various sources isn't a good idea? There's a decent chance that the individual(s) will have broken their employment contract &/or confidentiality agreement in telling you anything to do with transfers. If so, the club would almost have to investigate any employee named on here and, if necessary, take disciplinary action against them.

I guess TB, as 90%+ owner, would be exempt from this policy; though if he is one of the sources, may be somewhat more circumspect in his discussions with fans in the future if he realised that what he said in a private conversation was going to be sprayed across NSC.

Don't worry, my impeccable source is in no danger of any disciplinary proceedings :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some players just shouldn't be abbreviated. LB in footballing terms is 'left back'. If you can't be bothered to use the eight letters of his last name, just say 'Liam' instead. 'LB' is confusing.

I guess that we're lucky then that LB doesn't play at LB, preferring instead to be a DM, though many on here would like to see him as an ACM. Personally, I don't see that, preferring RI as ACM and LB at DM. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not over 'til the player throws his shirt into the crowd.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
All I'm going to say is expect at least 2 new additions in this window (both of them on a loan basis)

And also expect at least one of the current squad to sign a new and improved contract.

Reliable source, take it or leave it.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
All I'm going to say is expect at least 2 new additions in this window (both of them on a loan basis)

And also expect at least one of the current squad to sign a new and improved contract.

Reliable source, take it or leave it.

Ok I'll take that, cheers!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
LB (that's Lord Bracknell) may be able to confirm but from a friend down that way - chance that Barker might sign for Newport......hasnt broken into their first team in his loan spell but done enough to get a short term deal. Guessing we will cancel his contract/let him go on a free.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, we've got

Bridcutt going is a done deal.

The club are planning on not letting anyone go, and will only bring in conway

Two loans coming in and new deal for current player.

All from reliable sources.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
May be a controversial opinion but I wouldn't mind seeing Bridcutt go if the money was reinvested in the squad. IMO he hasn't looked great under Oscar anyway although that could be due to him just returning from injury.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
So, we've got

That pretty much sums it up! I don't doubt any of the messengers, so to speak - they all probably have good reason to trust their own source. But in 9/10 cases their own source is guessing, outright lying, or just another messenger in a chain of Chinese whispers - on the rare occasions when someone tells me something they've heard, I tend to take it with a liberal pinch of salt. Its like the wages we pay - from "good sources" I've heard just about every figure between 6k and 28k quoted on NSC as being CMS's weekly wage. Nonsense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, we've got

Some are reliable sources and one is an impeccable source. Maybe we need to wait for Enrest's sauce before believing anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here