Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

immigrants

D

Deleted member 22389

The NHS would collapse if it relied on 'British' workers.

How many of the Albion players do you want to chuck out of the country back to their European homes?

We only need to recruit more doctors and nurses from overseas because there are more people living here so therefore more people need to be treated, and may be we are not doing enough to encourage more British people in to these professions. I don't know how much it costs to train to become a nurse or doctor here, but I bet in some of these other countries its a hell of a lot cheaper.

As regards our players, I should think they are contributing enough with the money they earn, so that is not a concern.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We only need to recruit more doctors and nurses from overseas because there are more people living here so therefore more people need to be treated, and may be we are not doing enough to encourage more British people in to these professions. I don't know how much it costs to train to become a nurse or doctor here, but I bet in some of these other countries its a hell of a lot cheaper.

As regards our players, I should think they are contributing enough with the money they earn, so that is not a concern.

The number of qualified immigrants working in our hospitals as nurses and doctors is to my mind a national disgrace! We have tempted these skilled workers here with better pay and conditions when for most their skills are in far greater demand and the need is much greater in their home countries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So it's ok if migrants in the EU earn enough money? How does BG know if they are earning money or have jobs to go to or is he jumping to conclusions?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This is a bit like reading a Britain First post on Facebook. Nearly enough assumptions...not quite, but nearly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So it's ok if migrants in the EU earn enough money? How does BG know if they are earning money or have jobs to go to or is he jumping to conclusions?
I posted it as I saw it van arrives with Romanian plates, boxes addressed to England , family of 3 move into a 2 bedroomed flat with 3 adult in there already. Their work aspect doesnt come into it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I posted it as I saw it van arrives with Romanian plates, boxes addressed to England , family of 3 move into a 2 bedroomed flat with 3 adult in there already. Their work aspect doesnt come into it.

So they could be sharing with a relative/friend until they can sort out their own place? Does that really necessitate a thread about immigration on Nsc?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So they could be sharing with a relative/friend until they can sort out their own place? Does that really necessitate a thread about immigration on Nsc?

Have it your way as obviously you cant see the wood from the trees. The flat isnt big enough for 6 people so I know what I think will happen.

A friend works for shelter in Crawley and told me how they sought out accomodation for the homeless then before they can move in another plane arrives at Gatwick with a more urgent family on board and everything changes.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I just read your signature and realised that it sums the thread up perfectly.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Have it your way as obviously you cant see the wood from the trees. The flat isnt big enough for 6 people so I know what I think will happen.

Haven't you introduced yourself and asked if there is anything you can do to help - that's what we do when we get new neighbours.

That way you get to know them and any misconceptions are soon dispelled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A friend works for shelter in Crawley and told me how they sought out accomodation for the homeless then before they can move in another plane arrives at Gatwick with a more urgent family on board and everything changes.

They managed to get a blue van with all their boxes on the plane?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
But would soon get found out, unlike here but the people I am talking of can do it legally. That is what I maintain is wrong and should be addressed.

Why should the people I spoke of earlier just be able to come here make them selves overcrowded and then be given accomodation.

Wrong.Wrong.Wrong.

They have to be habitually resident here first and can't apply for any social Housing for at least 6 months. Also if they are not exercising their "Treaty Right's" they can be removed from the UK. Treaty right's = Working, in education, Looking for work, studying.

Stop panicking and learn the law.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At my age it is too late to study law although I did consider doing it in 1990 and was accepted, but who would have wanted a 58year old newly qualified solicitor.

You have more faith in the law and it not being circumvented than I have but I do hope you are right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
People have made the most out of your post, but for me there is nothing wrong with judging these days

Quite.

Can you imagine if, a few years ago, somebody had posted a thread along the lines of "I've been working in Rotherham for a while lately and it struck me as a bit odd the number of young teenage girls hanging around taxi ranks and getting into cars with one, two or sometimes even three Pakistani cabbies..."

All the usual suspects would have come on with replies like:

1. So, don't teenage girls need taxis?
2. Racist
3. Wow - an Asian cab driver! What next?
4. Bet those cabbies get pissed off with those chavvie girls giving them grief
5. Racist
6. What's the fact the cabbies are Pakistani got to do with anything?
7. Racist

etc etc etc

Nothing wrong with using your judgement, even if people do shout you down for it. If something just looks and feels wrong, usually (granted not always) it is.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes because if they earn enough here they are making a valid contribution to the system through the taxes they pay. It doesn't really work best for us if most of the people end up in minimum wage jobs and then need to fallback on our system and claim in work benefits because they can't afford to live. I have always been of the opinion that they are actually taking out more than they are putting in, when you think about what this country offers compared to others countries in the EU. You have to remember there is support for just about everything in this country, which people wouldn't find in their own. I'm glad we are not as daft as Sweden thou.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
At my age it is too late to study law although I did consider doing it in 1990 and was accepted, but who would have wanted a 58year old newly qualified solicitor.

You have more faith in the law and it not being circumvented than I have but I do hope you are right.

It's never too late to educate yourself to not be so ignorant.

Romanians you say - with a car loaded with closed boxes?

Do they sleep a lot during the day and leave the top windows open at night?

Just got it. Better get up to Sainsbury's quick before they run out of garlic. Whatever you do - don't invite them in.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Never mind, they came from a country where spying on your neighbours was the done thing in living memory.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
really ,love people like you:facepalm:
regards
DR

How to make yourself look a bit of a prat DR :facepalm:

I'm all for leaving the EU and controlled immigration and have been for over 25 years. I just don't believe in jumping to conclusions about individuals based on their skin colour, their accent or their car registration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here