Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

immigrants

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have tried speaking to the original occupants of the flat but they neither speak nor appear to understand English. I have no feeling one way or the other, as neither I nor any of my family are desperate for housing but this appears to be an area of legislation that needs tightening up, as I am sure many people on social housjng lists will agree.

Are they moving into Social Housing ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it not possible they may have purchased or be renting the flat privately ? Why the automatic assumption they skipped a housing list ?
I am not assuming that they have jumped any list and didnt say they had. But inevitably, by the numbers living in the 2 bedroomed flat create a situation of over crowding by their own design

Not certain whether that flat is housing association owned, some are some are private but I dont think that matters who receives the rent as it will probably be paid by housing benefit, that is if they are paying rent.

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
dont-panic.jpg

Call the authorities....

CorporalJones.jpg

Keep watch til the law turns up

article-1306078-001097AB00000258-734_233x423.jpg

Remember.......

they-dont-like-it-up-em-tshirt.jpg

Be vigilant or..........

wad.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Earler this week a large blue van LWB Sprinter size pulled up outside our flats. It had Romanian number plates with 3 people a couple and young child about 4yrs old. All the boxes had A4 sheets on them with the address ? ????Court xx
xxxRoad Haywards Heath Sussex ENGLAND.

The address given is a 2 bedroom flat occupied by a foreign man wife and son in early 20s. Obviously if this new family move in the flat will be over crowded. Does this mean that family who possibly drove from Romania will jump the housing lists and become eligible for housing association rehousing. Something is wrong when the lists are subject to such manipulation.

The family can be seen walking about so are obviously staying/living there now.

At least you aren't blaming Stockdale for this one.

Jan 30, 2008
Earler this week a large blue van LWB Sprinter size pulled up outside our flats. It had Romanian number plates with 3 people a couple and young child about 4yrs old. All the boxes had A4 sheets on them with the address ? ????Court xx

The address given is a 2 bedroom flat occupied by a foreign man wife and son in early 20s. Obviously if this new family move in the flat will be over crowded. Does this mean that family who possibly drove from Romania will jump the housing lists and become eligible for housing association rehousing. Something is wrong when the lists are subject to such manipulation.

more piss takers or maybe they're going to sell the big issue ???, get out of the EU and this lot can go back to where they came from, you know it makes sense
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I am not assuming that they have jumped any list and didnt say they had. But inevitably, by the numbers living in the 2 bedroomed flat create a situation of over crowding by their own design

Not certain whether that flat is housing association owned, some are some are private but I dont think that matters who receives the rent as it will probably be paid by housing benefit, that is if they are paying rent.
it's going on all over the country , they probably phoned a friend and got told what to do.
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It could possibly be a Romanian family bringing a friends belongings from Romania now said friend has found a permanent home here and then taking a short holiday with them before returning to Romania. Just a thought. Why does it have to be sinister?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Romanians you say - with a car loaded with closed boxes?

Do they sleep a lot during the day and leave the top windows open at night?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could possibly be a Romanian family bringing a friends belongings from Romania now said friend has found a permanent home here and then taking a short holiday with them before returning to Romania. Just a thought. Why does it have to be sinister?

Could be! It seems more likely a family having found a flat in H H sent the address on A4 paper and said drive over here we will put you up till you get somewhere. That is an assumption and if so shows how easy we are compared to Calais.

Jan 30, 2008
at least he's asking adult questions - not assuming juvenile, would be action-man (panzer div, obviously), alone in his bedroom, fantasies...
:kiss:
The irony in your post:lolol I'm not interested in more migration from the EU we've got enough issues with the strain put on our public services as it is ,as I said the sooner we get out the EU the better!
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Of course it is a perfectly reasonable concern, how others cannot even begin to see the consequences of continued immigration is really a bit stupid.

You lot seem to have a race to give a multitude of reasons other than the most likely and then self congratulate yourself by doing so, it is the most stupid of logics.

Could be! It seems more likely a family having found a flat in H H sent the address on A4 paper and said drive over here we will put you up till you get somewhere. That is an assumption and if so shows how easy we are compared to Calais.

I don't understand your point here, what is easy or not at Calais/UK got to do with some Romanians travelling to Haywards Heath?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Let's all jump in our cars and hightail it over to Romania, should be pretty empty by now :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here