Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
[/B]

Of course you would, it is how genuine their case might be, the length of time or the likely disappearance of them if they are not deemed worthy of asylum here.

Mass illegal immigration and non deportation of failed asylum seekers creates an negative environment for those legitimately living here, it needs to be addressed.

Dont muddle compassion with turning a blind eye to the failings of these policies.

Correct. We can't even deport Abu Qatada because he will probably be killed in his own country because of the crimes he commited. Meanwhile he has been able to plot bombings here whilst hiding behind these HR rules. Hamza was the same...... and many others.
Obviously there are genuine cases.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Just watching this...is this right? I thought council housing was allocated on the basis of need? Surely this is just blatant discrimination?
The Council have been discriminating against me for years because I'm an honest, moral,hard working man who lives with his children
When I lived in Newick my wife and I were told straight by a lady from East Sussex Council "you're married,you both work so its hardely worth applying"

D

Deleted member 22389

I honestly can't see what the problem is with asking people to make a contribution. If you went to live another country would you expect the government to help you pay for your rent? That is if any benefits existed in the first place. In most cases people arriving here, the benefits they get here are way more than they get at home, no wonder the UK is an attractive place from SOME people.

Don't forget people only need to make a small contribution in this country and they already get free schooling, Doctors and Hospital and the use of our other services, not bad is it. I wish people would take this in to consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've lived in London for the best part of 20 years and i have never felt a part of it. Which for London says that i sort of belong. Stupidly or not.
Sounds like you were on the loveless receiving end of non-acceptance, which is surely an attitude we'd not look to mirror, isn't it?

just a little aside while we were in Wales we found it very hard to communicate until we realised after a while they don't even talk to one another next door neighbours and even people who are related walk past one another without a word.
since moving back south (Eastbourne) we have found everyone talks bus stops, buses,while you are in the garden,just about anywhere and everywhere.
I have lived all over England and have never found it difficult to communicate and make friends although I will say the 2 or so years I lived in London it could be a very lonely place if you did not know someone.
the only person/people we talked to at any length in Wales was an Englishman and an Irishman both of which like us have moved on.
its not I am afraid in the Welsh psych to particularly like anyone unless you are of some use to them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
the only person/people we talked to at any length in Wales was an Englishman and an Irishman.

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Welshman go into a pub in Cricceth...the Welshman blanks the other two and the whole pub just stare at them until they leave

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Welshman go into a pub in Cricceth...the Welshman blanks the other two and the whole pub just stare at them until they leave

that about right

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
My eldest son is married to a lovely Chinese girl-------------------they had to keep records for several years to prove they were not faking it.

I'm not being facetious, but that seems like an answer to a different question. Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument, I just find the idea of national/racial superiority abhorrent (as I'm sure you do too).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm not being facetious, but that seems like an answer to a different question. Anyway, I'm not looking for an argument, I just find the idea of national/racial superiority abhorrent (as I'm sure you do too).

So we should not rely upon you when there is a war? People like you make me sick!

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
It is a good fair thing for the tax payer and the British citizen whatever their decent. Immigration brings many benefits to this country but some immigrants take advantage. Its just taking the piss out of the will and tolerance of every honest hardworking British citizen. Don't you think housing a young working British family would make more justifiable and economic sense than a bisexual 3 legged Roma gypsy? Its not raciest, its common sense! I love this country and I don't give a dam what race people are as we make this country what it is but I do care where my taxes go. Benefit cheats are thieves to every working the British citizen! We should also consider an immigration points system similar to that of Australia.

Dandyman

In London village.
Indeed they do. So why do we bother wasting so much money on foreign aid? We should just wait for them to turn up on our doorstep, and cut out the bribe-taking rogues inbetween.

The major refugee hosting countries according to the UNHCR are:

1. Pakistan (1.7 million people)
2. Iran (887,000)
3. Syria (755,400)
4. Germany (571,000)
5. Kenya (566,500)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is a good fair thing for the tax payer and the British citizen whatever their decent. Immigration brings many benefits to this country but some immigrants take advantage. Its just taking the piss out of the will and tolerance of every honest hardworking British citizen. Don't you think housing a young working British family would make more justifiable and economic sense than a bisexual 3 legged Roma gypsy? Its not raciest, its common sense! I love this country and I don't give a dam what race people are as we make this country what it is but I do care where my taxes go. Benefit cheats are thieves to every working the British citizen! We should also consider an immigration points system similar to that of Australia.

It may improve things in real terms but it is worth mentioning that their are many many people here who have the same concerns about immigration and immigrants as being aired on this thread.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
If you ever happen across any of those police, fly-on-the-wall documentary things you'll see there's a fair few Romanians here already. It's great because we have a shortage of decent fraudsters and pickpockets. Our own dross have it too easy on benefits to go out on the rob like those boys.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Who don't steal anywhere near as much as tax avoiders

Benefit fraud and tax evasion: Tracksuit vs. White collar - This is Money

Tax-V-Benefit-Fraud-Graph-Excellent.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you ever happen across any of those police, fly-on-the-wall documentary things you'll see there's a fair few Romanians here already. It's great because we have a shortage of decent fraudsters and pickpockets. Our own dross have it too easy on benefits to go out on the rob like those boys.

Well at least you are open about your racism and not hiding behind immigration scare stories like the others. Good on you.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Usual blah blah blah from CMD today.

Why has it taken so long to come up with these ideas?

He's been PM for three years, yet has only just realised that immigrants sending child benefit home to other Countries, being on permanent job seekers allowance with no intention of getting a job and being allowed to go straight onto Council housing waiting lists are all bad ideas.

We need skilled immigrants, not immigrants taking minimum wage jobs. Get the idle Brits doing those instead.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Well at least you are open about your racism and not hiding behind immigration scare stories like the others. Good on you.

Fair point.

Clearly I am a racist and am making Romanians out to be (with the exception of the cheeky girls and Vlad the Impaler) a shifty bunch of rogues, identity thieves, people traffickers and credit card fraudsters. I hope a whole load of the blighters move into your road ,like they have round here,...then well have a serious conversation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fair point.

Clearly I am a racist and am making Romanians out to be (with the exception of the cheeky girls and Vlad the Impaler) a shifty bunch of rogues, identity thieves, people traffickers and credit card fraudsters. I hope a whole load of the blighters move into your road ,like they have round here,...then well have a serious conversation.

I doubt it, not if you are prepared to write of 21 million people on the basis of a few wrong uns that have moved into your area. i met a few Romanians when I was back in the UK in January, wonderful people who were working hard and not picking anybodies pocket. Still that is not going to make me assume that all Romanians are wonderful people because like any large group of people there are good an bad included. To make assumption on 21 million people based on your experience of a few is ridiculous at best and racist at worst

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports