Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants must wait for "years" before entitlement to public housing...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Strange analysis, where do you expect those displaced by those immigrants are going to live ? Some kinda mega-refugee camp the size of Wales ???

Never mentioned anybody being displaced :shrug: When somebody's let into the country they either live in housing or they set up camp somewhere close to where they need to be. Not sure there's a third way, other than not letting them in in the first place. And that's clearly not going to happen.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Let everybody in,whilst we are at it we could all each of us understand the problem better and allow a lodger or 3 into our homes,just so we understand fully the problems involved,rather than preach from the ivory towers.......any takers?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Surely asylum seekers are supposed to go to the safest nearest country to them or am i wrong?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Remember that people that were born in this country are superior to those who live here and were not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Remember that people that were born in this country are superior to those who live here and were not.

yep. and those born in Sussex and in particular Brighton are even more so :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Come on. I could walk down any High Street and find an English born and bred person to disprove this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The only time I'd like to play that particular card - and not being superior, just acknowledging that we in fact do actually live here and are just coming back from our holidays - is in passport control at Gatwick. Its a bit rubbish having to stand in line with the rest of the EEC. If nothing else, it would speed up queues for everybody if member states natives had a separate queue for entry into their own member state.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only time I'd like to play that particular card - and not being superior, just acknowledging that we in fact do actually live here and are just coming back from our holidays - is in passport control at Gatwick. Its a bit rubbish having to stand in line with the rest of the EEC. If nothing else, it would speed up queues for everybody if member states natives had a separate queue for entry into their own member state.

Can't have it both and all ways-god i am being pedantic today- [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] i am sorry.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
whilst we are at it we could all each of us understand the problem better and allow a lodger or 3 into our homes

Maybe the Govt could offer a deal to those that will be affected by the bedroom tax. Take in an immigrant and the bedroom tax won't affect you. Jobs a goodun :thumbsup:

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
Summed it up in one sentence ---unless you were being ironic of course???

I think it's fair to say s/he was. Do you honestly think that one nationality can be 'superior' to another? If so, I think that's a pretty dangerous opinion to hold.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A bit off topic but I remember the time four of us went to New York via JFK Airport. My brother in law took offense to how we were being treated by the U.S.officials. We took too long to take our shoes off and put them on again 'every minute is another hundred passengers waiting' coz of you lot:wrong:------Feck off! what happened to that 'Special Relationship'???we said under our breath:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Under the last Labour party immigrants jumped to the front so glad they're finally being shunted to the back.

Exactly right. More needs to be done, access to benefits and NHS services next. Our country is far too easy for people coming into it.......

However, the system is to blame not those coming in to take advantage of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here