Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Imagine going to Blackpool for no reason...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In fairness, Blackpool makes Brighton look like Monte Carlo.
Think you may have that the wrong way round!

Twice as many visitors to Blackpool as go to Brighton - great funfair, sandy beaches, three piers, circus, international ballroom, etc. all with a population of half that of Brighton.

I enjoy visiting Blackpool in the summer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Twice as many visitors to Blackpool as go to Brighton - great funfair, sandy beaches, three piers, circus, international ballroom, etc. all with a population of half that of Brighton.

indeed we love Blackpool childhood memories for me but my kids think it's the best place ever to the extent that we are considering relocating there

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I go up once a year during the illuminations. They haven't changed for the past 20 years. Why people go every year to see the same lights beats me.
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Nah I am sure its got something to do with the FA looking into their burgers tasting more like cardboard than beef

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Mmmnah. I don't think so.

Blackpool is an utter hovel. The fact that northerners flock to it is neither here nor there. I would rather palm-slap a spoon into my left eye socket than spend another weekend milling around in that Benghazi wannabe.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mmmnah. I don't think so.

Blackpool is an utter hovel. The fact that northerners flock to it is neither here nor there. I would rather palm-slap a spoon into my left eye socket than spend another weekend milling around in that Benghazi wannabe.
I spent a couple of years just pre-Covid going to Lytham for work from time to time.

One of my local clients described the five miles away Blackpool as “one of those places where it’s socially acceptable to walk around topless drinking Stella at ten in the morning”.

He didn’t specify if this was ladies, gents or both.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Long before Athens in the Europa League, Blackpool away on a Tuesday night during the petrol crisis in 2000 was an event.

341 of us up there to witness an Albion away win. And getting home afterwards was interesting.

"Some had to nurse their vehicles home at 40mph with no radio or heating for the entire journey to conserve fuel. Others limped back on fumes with warning lights flashing from as far away as Wycombe.

Some did not make it. There were tales of Brighton supporting cars being left strewn across the country as they ran out of fuel, leaving fans to make the rest of the journey home by train the next day. They returned once the fuel shortage was over to collect their transport.

One supporter who abandoned his vehicle somewhere in the north of England left it there for 11 days, picking it up again on the way to the away game at York City..."

https://wearebrighton.com/albiondatabase/blackpool-away-tuesday-night-petrol-crisis/
Stop banging on about the old days and how we had it so bad, you'll be alienating the younger generation of fans. No wonder you've got no likes on this!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I spent a couple of years just pre-Covid going to Lytham for work from time to time.

One of my local clients described the five miles away Blackpool as “one of those places where it’s socially acceptable to walk around topless drinking Stella at ten in the morning”.

Lytham and Blackpool, those five miles could well be five hundred, they, and the folks who inhabit them, are as different as night is to day.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Lytham and Blackpool, those five miles could well be five hundred, they, and the folks who inhabit them, are as different as night is to day.
You're comparing apples with oranges.

Blackpool is a place to go and have fun - Lytham St Annes is somewhere to go to play golf. Suitable for southerners who don't know how to let their hair down.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Was your client suggesting my morning street Stella strip tease isn't normally considered socially acceptable?

What a prude. :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A bit like Chichester and Bognor. I went to Chichester for the day a few months ago and had forgotten how posh it was. Couldn't see any homeless, charity shops, or litter. A few weeks later I unfortunately had reason to go to Bognor. It was clear that all of Chichester's low-life residents had relocated to Bognor and taken all of their litter with them.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Went to Blackpool three times in the 90s for union conferences, had a great time. We stayed in one of the smarter hotels on the front and it was ok, but only just; "smarter" in Blackpool would equate to "bail hostel" in Eastbourne. The backstreet B&Bs looked absolutely desperate.

We also went there in 1999, we were staying at a place a few miles away and, being a big fan or trams and railways, got the tram from Starr Gate to Fleetwood.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Got a friend of a friend who is a vicar in Blackpool - he told me it was one of the 3 most deprived areas in the uk and he chose it as his parish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here