Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Imagine going to Blackpool for no reason...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Forest Green's FA Cup second-round tie at Blackpool on Saturday has been postponed due to a Football Association investigation into League Two club Rovers.

A statement from Forest Green said they would "comply with the FA in their investigation" before updating fans.
It has not been confirmed what the FA are looking into, but Rovers owner Dale Vince was interviewed under caution earlier this year after traces of penguin were discovered in his vegan pies.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Forest Green's FA Cup second-round tie at Blackpool on Saturday has been postponed due to a Football Association investigation into League Two club Rovers.

A statement from Forest Green said they would "comply with the FA in their investigation" before updating fans.
It has not been confirmed what the FA are looking into, but Rovers owner Dale Vince was interviewed under caution earlier this year after traces of penguin were discovered in his vegan pies.
I heard he was "p..p..p..picked up" by police for the penguin incident.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Thought this was about Jensen Weir.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“Back to the station, lads…”

Emperor Penguin Walking GIF by Nat Geo Wild

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
IMG_2491.jpeg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Blackpool is one of the shittiest towns in the UK, any reason not to go is a good reason...
It must be 7 or 8 years ago now but my mate’s national league north side got Blackpool away in the cup second round and my lad was mascot. Lost a tight match but then had a barnstorming night out. I can concur it is a complete and utter hole. One of my young daughters won a massive cuddly troll in an arcade machine though. Fun weekend. Grim town.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Moving away from seaside town bashing, who would take Forest Green's place should they find themselves disqualified?
Milton Keynes - a town with a great footballing history (excepting it is somebody else's)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Long before Athens in the Europa League, Blackpool away on a Tuesday night during the petrol crisis in 2000 was an event.

341 of us up there to witness an Albion away win. And getting home afterwards was interesting.

"Some had to nurse their vehicles home at 40mph with no radio or heating for the entire journey to conserve fuel. Others limped back on fumes with warning lights flashing from as far away as Wycombe.

Some did not make it. There were tales of Brighton supporting cars being left strewn across the country as they ran out of fuel, leaving fans to make the rest of the journey home by train the next day. They returned once the fuel shortage was over to collect their transport.

One supporter who abandoned his vehicle somewhere in the north of England left it there for 11 days, picking it up again on the way to the away game at York City..."

https://wearebrighton.com/albiondatabase/blackpool-away-tuesday-night-petrol-crisis/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here