Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm staggered at some of the retarded comments from BHA fans recently

Travelling back from Portman Rd yesterday and listening to many supporters walking back through the marina I could not believe what I was hearing.

Poyet doesn't know what he's doing, the squad is shit, we're going down etc etc. If people thought that we were on our way to a promotion season then they are either on crack or f***ing brain dead.

Why on earth do you think Poyet has signed a five year contract (yes he may leave but clearly the intent and committment is there)?

Why are we pumping money into an academy?

For the love of Christ we have been playing with no infrastrcture at the club for the best part of 20 years. We have a competitive budget but compared to the likes of Southampton and Leicester and West Ham its tiny.

It's perfectly adequate to take us through the next phase of the plan - which is to survive in this league and compete. Regardless of the last four games we are on the way to doing that - I felt before a ball was kicked that between 9th and 15th was probably a decent solid start.

The next phase is to put together a squad that will compete at the top six - and that needs to be done over a two-three year period. As the academy starts to flourish I guess the club are then looking to start unearthing, nuturing talent to help grow the club.

Yesterday evening some absolutel morons seem to think that if we are not promoted this season the whole thing is a f***ing disaster - I honestly don't know what to say to them........

Kevin Nolan is on 70k per week. Ipswich had 9 players yesterday who have played at least 30 games each in the premiership. Leicester City spent over £20million in their attempts to get out of the Championship this season.

Middlesbrough, until their relegation, spent 7 successive seasons in the Premiership. Derby County (I have to visit Derby for work and read their local rag last week) are going to provide £10million for the manager to spend in January if they are still in the mix to get back to the Premier League.

The whole objective I think Bloom, Gus and the club have are to sort our club out first., Not throw money around to have one potentially epic attempt to get up in the first season. It's a plan that will be realised over a number of seasons to give BHA what it has lacked for almost three decades:

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

An effective academy and scouting network

A stadium that will encourage supporters (both hard core and fairweather) to want to experience the BHA match day event on a regular basis.

When those blocks are in place I will then turn an eye to a East Anglia, the North West, East London and think about how we are going to compete with those clubs.

For now I'm frankly loving every minute (bar Palace) of this season. We can improve and the great thing is we have a board and a manager who will not accept simply being happy with where we are.

But for those who are getting frustrated and depressed about the current run, I feel so sorry for you. I've waited f***ing years to get to this place and safe in the knowledge that this season is only the f***ing START makes every week a pleasure for me.

This is one of the most intelligent and best put posts on this site in a long time, wholeheartedly agree with everything you put, big respect to you sir! :clap:

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Fantastic posts,

I can't stand the short term-ism within football in general and would like to have though our club was an exception due to everything that has happened in the last 25 years. Even if I wasn't born in 83 and don't remember the beginning of the fall I am well aware of our history. Who isn't? You don't need to be a Brighton fan or a local to be aware of what has happened here over the last 2 decades. So lets just enjoy what we now have. A proper club we can be proud of. A proper stadium. A club that is making the match day experience something to be proud of. Players who are proud to represent the club. Thy are clearly as gutted as you are at the recent slump.

That said, after 2 years playing in a different county and 13 years sat exposed to the elements at what was basically a park with a few temporary stands you learn to expect less and naturally moving into such a fantastic stadium off the back of one of the best years in the clubs history expectations will and SHOULD rise. We have dropped 8 points in 3 games from winning positions. We carry on like that we are going to find ourselves in the bottom third of the league before you know it.

That doesn't justify the nonsense that has been posted here recently and no doubt will continue to be so. If there is anyone to lead this club to success its Poyet, he is learning and will learn but he cares and has stuck around where others before him have left. A win against Hull we reach 20 points and dis-spell the ghosts of palace.

In the words of an Albion great. KEEP THE FAITH.

MissT

Nov 16, 2009
I totally agree with the these wise words. I would just add that Gus, brilliant as he is, is still learning his craft. I am am looking forward to seeing how he is going to handle this current 'bad patch'. It's fascinating to see the great man at work.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Trouble is we have a lot of fans who have a perception we should win every week and we won't, simple as that.

I expect next season and this may come as a shock to some we may well not sell all season tickets as fickle fans will give up as their expectation is not being met.

Agree!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
travelling back from portman rd yesterday and listening to many supporters walking back through the marina i could not believe what i was hearing.

Poyet doesn't know what he's doing, the squad is shit, we're going down etc etc. If people thought that we were on our way to a promotion season then they are either on crack or f***ing brain dead.

Why on earth do you think poyet has signed a five year contract (yes he may leave but clearly the intent and committment is there)?

For the love of christ we have been playing with no infrastrcture at the club for the best part of 20 years. We have a competitive budget but compared to the likes of southampton and leicester and west ham its tiny.

It's perfectly adequate to take us through the next phase of the plan - which is to survive in this league and compete. Regardless of the last four games we are on the way to doing that - i felt before a ball was kicked that between 9th and 15th was probably a decent solid start.

The next phase is to put together a squad that will compete at the top six - and that needs to be done over a two-three year period. As the academy starts to flourish i guess the club are then looking to start unearthing, nuturing talent to help grow the club.

Yesterday evening some absolutel morons seem to think that if we are not promoted this season the whole thing is a f***ing disaster - i honestly don't know what to say to them........

Kevin nolan is on 70k per week. Ipswich had 9 players yesterday who have played at least 30 games each in the premiership. Leicester city spent over £20million in their attempts to get out of the championship this season.

Middlesbrough, until their relegation, spent 7 successive seasons in the premiership. Derby county (i have to visit derby for work and read their local rag last week) are going to provide £10million for the manager to spend in january if they are still in the mix to get back to the premier league.

The whole objective i think bloom, gus and the club have are to sort our club out first., not throw money around to have one potentially epic attempt to get up in the first season. It's a plan that will be realised over a number of seasons to give bha what it has lacked for almost three decades:

Infrastructure

sound basis financially

an effective academy and scouting network

a stadium that will encourage supporters (both hard core and fairweather) to want to experience the bha match day event on a regular basis.

When those blocks are in place i will then turn an eye to a east anglia, the north west, east london and think about how we are going to compete with those clubs.

For now i'm frankly loving every minute (bar palace) of this season. We can improve and the great thing is we have a board and a manager who will not accept simply being happy with where we are.

But for those who are getting frustrated and depressed about the current run, i feel so sorry for you. I've waited f***ing years to get to this place and safe in the knowledge that this season is only the f***ing start makes every week a pleasure for me.

bang

on

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Agree fully with Digweed, Hiney et al. I sat with some Ipswich fans at the game (was a guest in hospitality) and we seem harder on our team than they were. They thought that the style of football we played was head and shoulders above half of this division and THEY felt we looked a comfortable mid table side. To make the jump from that to challenging will either need luck in the transfer market, players being at the top of their game week in week out or a huge investment (perhaps a bit of all three).

yes we will make errors like the Bullard corner where apparently it is an open secret that if he double bounces it before putting the ball down it means a corner to the back post for their centre half to attack , or calde/bridcutt backing off Chopra that they had been warned about, but I am not downhearted yet.

I think we will need to strengthen and perhaps we all knew that a full back, midfield enforcer or new keeper would be needed. With the exception of the keeper, I'm sure Gus knew that too but hasnt found the right candidates yet (the luck piece I mentioned) so will rely on the more cash option to overcome it (the investment option). Up til now the playing at the top of their game option seemed to have worked until the frailties began being sussed by the opposition.

But none of this is a reason to be fickle.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Travelling back from Portman Rd yesterday and listening to many supporters walking back through the marina I could not believe what I was hearing.

Why on earth do you think Poyet has signed a five year contract (yes he may leave but clearly the intent and committment is there)?

For the love of Christ we have been playing with no infrastrcture at the club for the best part of 20 years. We have a competitive budget but compared to the likes of Southampton and Leicester and West Ham its tiny.

It's perfectly adequate to take us through the next phase of the plan - which is to survive in this league and compete. Regardless of the last four games we are on the way to doing that - I felt before a ball was kicked that between 9th and 15th was probably a decent solid start.

The next phase is to put together a squad that will compete at the top six - and that needs to be done over a two-three year period. As the academy starts to flourish I guess the club are then looking to start unearthing, nuturing talent to help grow the club.

Yesterday evening some absolutel morons seem to think that if we are not promoted this season the whole thing is a f***ing disaster - I honestly don't know what to say to them........

Kevin Nolan is on 70k per week. Ipswich had 9 players yesterday who have played at least 30 games each in the premiership. Leicester City spent over £20million in their attempts to get out of the Championship this season.

Middlesbrough, until their relegation, spent 7 successive seasons in the Premiership. Derby County (I have to visit Derby for work and read their local rag last week) are going to provide £10million for the manager to spend in January if they are still in the mix to get back to the Premier League.

The whole objective I think Bloom, Gus and the club have are to sort our club out first., Not throw money around to have one potentially epic attempt to get up in the first season. It's a plan that will be realised over a number of seasons to give BHA what it has lacked for almost three decades:

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

A stadium that will encourage supporters (both hard core and fairweather) to want to experience the BHA match day event on a regular basis.

When those blocks are in place I will then turn an eye to a East Anglia, the North West, East London and think about how we are going to compete with those clubs.

For now I'm frankly loving every minute (bar Palace) of this season. We can improve and the great thing is we have a board and a manager who will not accept simply being happy with where we are.

But for those who are getting frustrated and depressed about the current run, I feel so sorry for you. I've waited f***ing years to get to this place and safe in the knowledge that this season is only the f***ing START makes every week a pleasure for me.

Spot On !!.:amex:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Well said, Mr Trousers. A dose of reality at last.

Although I can only agree with DT in opinion and sentiment, I'll add that the other 'fans' opinions are just going to be airy-fairy and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Not everyone is a diehard, many are blowhard, and many are die-easy flim-flammers who are glory supporters....but just at the moment for Albion glory.
By all means tell them, but don't get worked up by their lack of spinal column. They may even have *some* valid points - no manager is bigger than the club and if Gus is rubbish, then we perhaps shouldn't tie ourselves to the bow of his ship if it's going off course.

Don't let the spewers of doom and gloom get to you, we will get them at every level - and we should enjoy them more as we gain more success. A Champions League Final loss and our manager was clueless? I suppose we'll take that won't we?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Football fans aren't generally know for their intellect, I don't know why this is such a surprise to you?

oh yeah? real football fans who are dedicated to their club are quite knowledgeable. I just wonder. Nice thread x

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Have to agree.
I'd rather Gus spends a couple of seasons consolidating and building, getting ready for a push for automatic promotion because I think that if we got promoted this year (via the playoffs) then we would spend a woeful year at the bottom of the Premiership being the whipping boys (which I fear may happen to Saints if they go up). I want to see us promoted with a realistic chance of competing in the top flight and I think Gus is the man to do that.
Getting beaten by Palace at home really hurt but I think they were up for it more than us and it was a stern lesson in Championship football.
Keep the faith, we ARE going to get promoted but probably not this year.

Sensible comment.

It's obvious that the tactics (and a lot of the players) who got you up from Div 1 so convincingly aren't going to necessarily get you much further.

Don't quote Norwich, they have a past pedigree and in Paul Lambert an astute manager, who had already proved himself at Colchester. Poyet has already admitted that he has a lot to learn yet.

Paul Clark's comments on SCR on Saturday after the game, seem to suggest that he thinks "tipp-tappy" as a build-up is too slow and that Championship opponents will make use of the extra time to regroup as Albion build from the back. If you drop "Tippy-tappy" some of your midfield will have to be reshaped.

And you'll need a target man to replace Muzza.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

Brilliant stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here