I'm staggered at some of the retarded comments from BHA fans recently

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Travelling back from Portman Rd yesterday and listening to many supporters walking back through the marina I could not believe what I was hearing.

Poyet doesn't know what he's doing, the squad is shit, we're going down etc etc. If people thought that we were on our way to a promotion season then they are either on crack or f***ing brain dead.

Why on earth do you think Poyet has signed a five year contract (yes he may leave but clearly the intent and committment is there)?

Why are we pumping money into an academy?

For the love of Christ we have been playing with no infrastrcture at the club for the best part of 20 years. We have a competitive budget but compared to the likes of Southampton and Leicester and West Ham its tiny.

It's perfectly adequate to take us through the next phase of the plan - which is to survive in this league and compete. Regardless of the last four games we are on the way to doing that - I felt before a ball was kicked that between 9th and 15th was probably a decent solid start.

The next phase is to put together a squad that will compete at the top six - and that needs to be done over a two-three year period. As the academy starts to flourish I guess the club are then looking to start unearthing, nuturing talent to help grow the club.

Yesterday evening some absolutel morons seem to think that if we are not promoted this season the whole thing is a f***ing disaster - I honestly don't know what to say to them........

Kevin Nolan is on 70k per week. Ipswich had 9 players yesterday who have played at least 30 games each in the premiership. Leicester City spent over £20million in their attempts to get out of the Championship this season.

Middlesbrough, until their relegation, spent 7 successive seasons in the Premiership. Derby County (I have to visit Derby for work and read their local rag last week) are going to provide £10million for the manager to spend in January if they are still in the mix to get back to the Premier League.

The whole objective I think Bloom, Gus and the club have are to sort our club out first., Not throw money around to have one potentially epic attempt to get up in the first season. It's a plan that will be realised over a number of seasons to give BHA what it has lacked for almost three decades:

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

An effective academy and scouting network

A stadium that will encourage supporters (both hard core and fairweather) to want to experience the BHA match day event on a regular basis.

When those blocks are in place I will then turn an eye to a East Anglia, the North West, East London and think about how we are going to compete with those clubs.

For now I'm frankly loving every minute (bar Palace) of this season. We can improve and the great thing is we have a board and a manager who will not accept simply being happy with where we are.

But for those who are getting frustrated and depressed about the current run, I feel so sorry for you. I've waited f***ing years to get to this place and safe in the knowledge that this season is only the f***ing START makes every week a pleasure for me.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
What he said!

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Travelling back from Portman Rd yesterday and listening to many supporters walking back through the marina I could not believe what I was hearing.

Poyet doesn't know what he's doing, the squad is shit, we're going down etc etc. If people thought that we were on our way to a promotion season then they are either on crack or f***ing brain dead.

Why on earth do you think Poyet has signed a five year contract (yes he may leave but clearly the intent and committment is there)?

For the love of Christ we have been playing with no infrastrcture at the club for the best part of 20 years. We have a competitive budget but compared to the likes of Southampton and Leicester and West Ham its tiny.

It's perfectly adequate to take us through the next phase of the plan - which is to survive in this league and compete. Regardless of the last four games we are on the way to doing that - I felt before a ball was kicked that between 9th and 15th was probably a decent solid start.

The next phase is to put together a squad that will compete at the top six - and that needs to be done over a two-three year period. As the academy starts to flourish I guess the club are then looking to start unearthing, nuturing talent to help grow the club.

Yesterday evening some absolutel morons seem to think that if we are not promoted this season the whole thing is a f***ing disaster - I honestly don't know what to say to them........

Kevin Nolan is on 70k per week. Ipswich had 9 players yesterday who have played at least 30 games each in the premiership. Leicester City spent over £20million in their attempts to get out of the Championship this season.

Middlesbrough, until their relegation, spent 7 successive seasons in the Premiership. Derby County (I have to visit Derby for work and read their local rag last week) are going to provide £10million for the manager to spend in January if they are still in the mix to get back to the Premier League.

The whole objective I think Bloom, Gus and the club have are to sort our club out first., Not throw money around to have one potentially epic attempt to get up in the first season. It's a plan that will be realised over a number of seasons to give BHA what it has lacked for almost three decades:

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

A stadium that will encourage supporters (both hard core and fairweather) to want to experience the BHA match day event on a regular basis.

When those blocks are in place I will then turn an eye to a East Anglia, the North West, East London and think about how we are going to compete with those clubs.

For now I'm frankly loving every minute (bar Palace) of this season. We can improve and the great thing is we have a board and a manager who will not accept simply being happy with where we are.

But for those who are getting frustrated and depressed about the current run, I feel so sorry for you. I've waited f***ing years to get to this place and safe in the knowledge that this season is only the f***ing START makes every week a pleasure for me.

Fantastic post! A big THIS :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Palace, Leeds and Southampton player budgets aren't bigger than the Albion's.
Leeds and CP well documented. Ask Leeds about Bates, and selling their best.
M'boro & Derby have had several years of £ woes, and any PL money/players were now light years away.

With Dicker, Calderon, Painter & Ankergren sorted, we wouldn't be far away.

The Albion sitution is fine, with cash flows far greater than ever anticipated. Just hope Gus/TB privately admit these player weaknesses asap.

For example, Blackpool have taken loanee classy Jonjo Shelvey from LFC, and yesterday he did the trick already.
Gus against loanees generally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One of the all time great posts. You don't go from bashing Cardiff 3-1 in Wales to being rubbish, and the players getting a specific kicking atm all played in that game.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Excellent post. People ignore so many factors when they slag of the Albion. Sure, we were superb last season but this is a different class now. We have been sublime in some matches and some halves but shoddy in others.

This blip is a reality check, no more.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have to agree.
I'd rather Gus spends a couple of seasons consolidating and building, getting ready for a push for automatic promotion because I think that if we got promoted this year (via the playoffs) then we would spend a woeful year at the bottom of the Premiership being the whipping boys (which I fear may happen to Saints if they go up). I want to see us promoted with a realistic chance of competing in the top flight and I think Gus is the man to do that.
Getting beaten by Palace at home really hurt but I think they were up for it more than us and it was a stern lesson in Championship football.
Keep the faith, we ARE going to get promoted but probably not this year.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Wonderfully wise words. We're living the dream, fellow Albionites, and it's best we don't wish this dream to be too altered. It's a bloody cracking one and not the repetitive, sometimes bland, nightmare we slept achingly through for so so long.
Great post Monsieur Trousers. Keep them coming.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
This! It wasn't the result of the palace game that depressed me, I was the utter shit coming out of some of the knob heads mouths that really got to me. "pretty football doesn't win games", "they've found us out", "ashamed to be a brighton fan" etc etc. Prize wankers the lot of them!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like you I have enjoyed every game I have been to, I was fortunate enough to miss Palace. Whilst I don't think it's all gone to shit I do think we need competition at full back and quite a few of us said this before the season began. We papered the cracks for a while with our amazing start but as Wozza said on another thread Gus definitely got a little carried away with signing flair attacking players and SEEMS to have ignored any defensive frailties. With AEA and TE out he took a flyer, that has worked out, on an unproven Dunk. What the f*** would we have done if that had not worked out??

Whilst I agree with 95% of what you say suggesting that we need an urgent injection of experience and defensive nous at this level is not an unreasonable expectation. I'd hate to see us get involved in a relegation scrap because we have no alternatives in defence, which at the moment we really don't, except Vincelot and maybe Cook. Gus and TB really do need to sort this asap imo or we will be taking a step back, which I accept we may have to do but would rather not when we are so close to being a reasonable Championship side.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Infrastructure

Sound basis financially

Great post. People have short memories.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
A very good post DT, I keep reminding myself that last season I said I would be delighted with 20th. The blame for raised expectations lies firmly at the feet of the team (bastards for doing so well). The P*lace debacle knocked us all sideways and now we need posters like you to remind the morons with amnesia how good we've got it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports