Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Damn, blast and several other nasty swear words. I'm missing the show because the trains between Worthing and Brighton aren't running due to an incident at West Worthing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That was very good fun. The sight of Tim Brooke-Taylor doing "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus for the Pick Up Song round will live long in the memory! Top class game of Mornington Crescent too. Brilliant evening, just as I hoped it would be.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
That was an awsome show - I couple of great Albion jokes too

I think ive discovered what could lift the Amex atmosphere - 30,000 kazoos! Just Imagine it – a Swanny whistle and kazoo rendition of GOSBTS!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That was an awsome show - I couple of great Albion jokes too

I think ive discovered what could lift the Amex atmosphere - 30,000 kazoos! Just Imagine it – a Swanny whistle and kazoo rendition of GOSBTS!

What were the Albion jokes?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
:lolol:

You'd only get half the crowd playing too fast and most of the rest playing the wrong tune entirely.

Loving this thread. Been to see one recording and one stage show, both while the wondrous Humph was still with us. Personal favourite among many great examples of Humph smut was when Samantha had recently attended a wine-tasting evening run by one of her many gentleman friends, but arrived rather late and found that virtually all of the wines had already been finished...

"...so while Samantha was disappointed that he only had a Semillon, she thought it would be rude not to taste it anyway."

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away

Loving this thread. Been to see one recording and one stage show, both while the wondrous Humph was still with us. Personal favourite among many great examples of Humph smut was when Samantha had recently attended a wine-tasting evening run by one of her many gentleman friends, but arrived rather late and found that virtually all of the wines had already been finished...

"...so while Samantha was disappointed that he only had a Semillon, she thought it would be rude not to taste it anyway."

Genious

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Samantha had recently attended a wine-tasting evening run by one of her many gentleman friends, but arrived rather late and found that virtually all of the wines had already been finished...

Of course, she would have been there last night but she was delayed helping an elderly gentleman friend in Hove with his new stairlift. She would load him onto the chair at the bottom, then pull him off on the landing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What were the Albion jokes?

'There was outrage at the new Amex Stadium recently when thieves broke into the club's trophy room and made off with the carpet...'

There was also a bit where, during Mornington Crescent, they introduced a SatNav that was getting more and more hysterical, (... at the T junction, go straight ahead...'; '... and the roundabout, take the third, no the second exit, no not that one, oh sod it you're on your own...') before the cry of '... and 200 yards further ahead, mind out for those eleven statues - oh, sorry that's Brighton & Hove Albion...'.

At which point Tim Brooke-Taylor asked 'Is this a good time to point out I'm a Derby County fan...?'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We also has 'Girlfriend In A Coma' to the tune of 'Tiptoe Through The Tulips.'

'Brighton is a city with a rich and colourful history... In 1841, Queen Victoria stayed at the Royal Pavilion, but insisted that the trains on the newly-built London to Brighton railway line wait outside the town while she was in residence. Someone should tell Network Rail she's now gone...'

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find some R4 comedy a bit smug and unfunny but been listening to The Unbelievable Truth lately and that's very funny at times.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It couldn't possibly be harder than try to get everyone to play Dr Who!

True, but I think part of the issue there was that there have been a lot of variations on that basic theme and everyone seemed intent on playing a different one.

Can't say I recall the Dambusters variation though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here