Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Illegal Rave at the Dyke

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Well it isnt their land for one and they broke a gate off/removed some bushes to access the land.

There is 2 laws broken there at least.
So you have never done anything wrong? Never done 1 mile an hour over the speed limit which is a hell of a lot more dangerous then some people dancing in a field?

It is only a story as some local politicians have got involved and a few houses had a bit of noise during a bank holiday weekend. What about the people that live in the town who have late noise every week and cannot afford to live in the usually quiet country or the mess on the beach after the pinot veggies have a bbq during the summer which is OK as it does not have the title of a rave

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, I'm sure there were loads of people who fancied a quiet stroll and maybe didn't want to come across this lot?

I have no issue with this but just as strollers should be allowed to use the countryside so should others. There's plenty of things I like to do but on occasion I can't as someone else is using the space. I just wait my turn of go the following week. One or two parties a year is no big deal surely?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I have no issue with this but just as strollers should be allowed to use the countryside so should others. There's plenty of things I like to do but on occasion I can't as someone else is using the space. I just wait my turn of go the following week. One or two parties a year is no big deal surely?

Beat me to the same point!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I get you, but if I go for a stroll, I really don't think I impact on anybody. if I stick up a sound system and loads of my mates turn up in hundreds of cars parking wherever suits.... The videos I saw for a couple of my mates on bikes were eye opening....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
So what gives them the right over the ravers that are already there?

Nothing, but it's all about mutual respect isn't it. Enjoying yourself while you respect how it impacts on others. Have to say, it's very 2014 to have a 'rave' that very fcucker appears to have driven to, smash the system eh!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Are they enjoying the countryside?

I would have no qualms if they respected the place and cleaned up after themselves.

The walk from Eastbourne to Southease (as an example) is generally spotless. The National Trust removed bins and people on that rpute tend to take it home. Have the ravers?

Are they any different to travellers landing and leaving all their junk? If it involves music, people seem to be more forgiving.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wonder how many of those cars are going to get out of those fields tonight after all this rain ?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Nothing, but it's all about mutual respect isn't it. Enjoying yourself while you respect how it impacts on others. Have to say, it's very 2014 to have a 'rave' that very fcucker appears to have driven to, smash the system eh!!

And people were not driving to the Orbital raves 25 years ago (which by the true nature you had to drive to as you followed everyone around the M25 to find where the party was at)

Raves have moved on, and generally to an event where you are lucky to pay sub £25 so a free rave is a throw back even though the politics may be different now.

It is about respect as well and I agree but I suspect where it was would limit the trouble for people as much as anywhere, much less than say the Brighton marathon or the London to Brighton bike ride where the cities roads are in lock down

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are they enjoying the countryside?

I would have no qualms if they respected the place and cleaned up after themselves.

The walk from Eastbourne to Southease (as an example) is generally spotless. The National Trust removed bins and people on that rpute tend to take it home. Have the ravers?

Are they any different to travellers landing and leaving all their junk? If it involves music, people seem to be more forgiving.

I don't know if they have tidied up after themselves. I hope they have; I will be disappointed if they haven't. But my principle still stands.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I don't know if they have tidied up after themselves. I hope they have; I will be disappointed if they haven't. But my principle still stands.

BBC South said the National Trust were organizing a mass clean-up and asking for volunteers to help out on Wednesday. They also said it will take the area a few years to get back to how it was. How true that is is anyone's guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They also said it will take the area a few years to get back to how it was. How true that is is anyone's guess.

What on earth did they do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here