Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Illegal Rave at the Dyke

D

Deleted User X18H

you could always climb up the hill and tell them to :shutup:

Common misconception. The hill that leads up from Saddlescombe / Poynings is not the Dyke . The Dyke is the very steep sided inclined valley behind this.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Played a twilight round of golf at the Dyke yesterday evening. A big build up/crescendo put me right off my swing on the 9th but otherwise was quite nice to have a bit of bass thudding around the course tbh.

There was a police roadblock with a van, about 5 officers on the road and a TV camera crew on the devils dyke road on my way back. The officer said he was doing a drink drive check, stuck his nose in my car and told me to drive on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Resident Colin Warburton, 61, from Poynings, said the rave “doesn’t bother me one bit”.

He said: “To be honest I’d had a few drinks myself on Saturday, so when it started up I didn’t really notice.

“As long as they’re having a laugh up there then I’m OK with it.”

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
young people having fun at the weekend? at night? it's an outrage.

mass groups of people having fun without paying tax or license fees will always get the authorities backs up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do remember them, not sure how but I do! And Shoreham Power Station and Ditchling Beacon.....

Those were the days, Positive Sounds (wasn't it) knew how to throw a party.

I do remember going to a party down near Saltdean?? under one of the tunnels and being one of about 20 people. And it got raided, how embarrassing their were almost as many coppers as party goers.

Good on the youth for doing something, it seems like they are not really up to much at present. They need some decent youth culture these young uns they seem to worried about sensible things to be having a good time (I hope to god they are up to something and I am just too old to know what it is)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do remember them, not sure how but I do! And Shoreham Power Station and Ditchling Beacon.....

I had the misfortune to be fishing the West Arm at Shoreham one night when some kids attempted a ' Rave " by Carats Cafe ...absolutely soul destroying mindless thudding crap. Like a giant moron hammering in an endless nail. No wonder they have to take drugs to listen to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it is a one off who gives a stuff?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think they should repair the fences and gates now, lock them in and enforce a cordon around them and keep them there for the evening. I'm sure they are loving the facilities and weather.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here