Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'll drive Buckley to Sunderland for £2million myself"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a really sh1t thread:

1. Having sold Bridcutt and Barnes we didn't need to sell anyone else.
2. What does it matter what one or two fans think? The vast majority of fans wanted Buckley to stay.
3. With rest over the summer and proper training facilities he will be our key threat next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lets see if you give me the wanker sign when we see each other again Pete.

Just testing if you were a man of your word but clearly you are not. Check out what you said Tuesday night when you publicly stated I was on your ignore list - how come you can now read what I post ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
This is a really sh1t thread:

1. Having sold Bridcutt and Barnes we didn't need to sell anyone else.
2. What does it matter what one or two fans think? The vast majority of fans wanted Buckley to stay.
3. With rest over the summer and proper training facilities he will be our key threat next season.

Agree but there is one small matter that you're over looking and that is keeping Buckley. Having a fancy new academy doesn't automatically mean players will stay and rebuff any clubs that come calling.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Gus said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid and we sell him for £2.5m. Gus said Buckley is worth just as much as Za ha ha so if Sunderland stay up then we sell for £3m tops. Bloody joke.

Could you imagine the top 6 clubs selling their best players for pittance? Not a chance in hell but us, then it's how much? ok, we'll take that.

Out of interest how do you know we sold him for £2.5m? At the time, estimates varied from £2.5-3m and Barber came out and said we'd got considerably more than had been reported.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree but there is one small matter that you're over looking and that is keeping Buckley. Having a fancy new academy doesn't automatically mean players will stay and rebuff any clubs that come calling.

We don't need to sell him for the money, so if we do sell it has to be for big money. Anyway, it would be madness to get rid when his stock is low after injury. If you sell then do it after he's shown what he can do.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Out of interest how do you know we sold him for £2.5m? At the time, estimates varied from £2.5-3m and Barber came out and said we'd got considerably more than had been reported.

Barber would whisper sweet nothing into your ear and you'd believe him wouldn't you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid and we sell him for £2.5m.
Gus said a lot of things, and we didn't sell Bridcutt for £2.5m.
Could you imagine the top 6 clubs selling their best players for pittance? Not a chance in hell but us, then it's how much? ok, we'll take that.
The truth is, Gus was the only one that wanted Bridcutt, and we couldn't get more for him. We needed to strengthen our attack more than we needed a good defensive midfielder, so it made sense to sell. We're doing ok without him.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Gus said a lot of things, and we didn't sell Bridcutt for £2.5m.
The truth is, Gus was the only one that wanted Bridcutt, and we couldn't get more for him. We needed to strengthen our attack more than we needed a good defensive midfielder, so it made sense to sell. We're doing ok without him.

You are a good poster and enjoy reading your posts but not getting in into a debate about Bridcutt now as just have eaten dinner and have a nice bottle of red wine and snuggled up for the night and going to watch http://putlocker.bz/watch-zero-dark-thirty-online-free-putlocker.html as never seen it. I'll be back in a few days or week or two providing the mods haven't banished me from the forum :smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh I wanted to start this thread...

"We need to off load sicknote".
"I can't believe we turned down £3m from Swansea, in the summer, terrible business".

Impatient morons - as pointed out at the time by a handful on here

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Easy really isn't it, it's not rocket science. Pay what we want or **** off. I might be blunt but you need to be when dealing with these parasites.

Ah, so you've experience in dealing in transfers at a high level for a football club?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This really is a joke thread.

I don't know anybody who doubts his ability, it's his durability that is in question. Who knows, had we sold him we could may well have afforded Conway who was coming into form and may well have played every game. In 7 games he has 2 goals and 2 assists for Blackburn. Buckley is a better player but he hasn't been on the pitch and that is the problem. Hopefully his form from today will rollover the next 11 games but his fitness track record suggests otherwise. I hope I'm wrong.

As for rubbish about us never going up if we don't do it this season, what a joke, but then most of his posts are!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great he scored two goals, about bloody time eh!? alot of you seem to think it covers up how piss poor he's been playing. Same with Leo, he comes up with these easy "tap ins" and everyone forgets what a shite game he's had. We need more consistency from our players

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Great he scored two goals, about bloody time eh!? alot of you seem to think it covers up how piss poor he's been playing. Same with Leo, he comes up with these easy "tap ins" and everyone forgets what a shite game he's had. We need more consistancy from our players

I agree with you about consistency but your comments are a tad harsh.

Buckley is still only a game or two back from his latest injury and we know that he always seems to play within himself when he returns. It's hardly surprising with those fragile hamstrings.

Ulloa might not be on his 'A' game and there is room for improvement but shouldn't overlook that recent 'goal a game' sequence - without that we wouldn't be right in contention for the play offs.

I agree its great to see Buckley rediscovering his clinical finishing. He has a real eye for the goal and hopefully this will boost his confidence. Fingers crossed he can stay fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here