Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'll drive Buckley to Sunderland for £2million myself"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Since his return he's been good. And today he's won us 3 points. I've said it all along you have to stick with him because he is our biggest game changer and best attacking player. Even if you only get him for half a season it's completely worth it. That's why he plays for us and not a top 10 Prem team. You just have to stick with him because it's completely worth it.

Sorry, my comment was maybe a bit harsh, but this is, y'know, game 34, of the season. Harsher maybe of you to call anybody mugs who wasn't greatly impressed with his contributions to however of the many previous 33 games he's played.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You and me both. And so far I'm little the wiser.

I certainly remember some posters saying they'd take £2m or £xm for him and Bridcutt, but I missed it if someone said they'd drive him up there themselves, and the thread being started with that quote would suggest there was a particular poster who needed to have their uppence come.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'm not questioning the amount, I'm just wondering who we are making fun of with the thread.

I can't be arsed to trawl through the threads but there definitely people on here making comments of that nature. 'not worth keeping' 'too injury prone to be of any use' etc etc.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Sorry, my comment was maybe a bit harsh, but this is, y'know, game 34, of the season. Harsher maybe of you to call anybody mugs who wasn't greatly impressed with his contributions to however of the many previous 33 games he's played.

I was calling them mugs for suggesting we should sell him for such a paltry sum. He's the best attacking threat we have. You don't sell players like that in January for peanuts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Turning down the Swansea move was mocked on Roar, then followed up on here, by at least one NSC luminary.

I'd imagine that thread alone will shake plenty more from the tree.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We've just had a brilliant away win against an in form side. "I'll go onto nsc and have a go at my fellow supporters after Buckley has a good game" I do wonder what some people are thinking sometimes.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I was calling them mugs for suggesting we should sell him for such a paltry sum. He's the best attacking threat we have. You don't sell players like that in January for peanuts.

3m isn't peanuts though. That's the issue. You could have replaced him with someone we'll get 40 games a season out of (and probably get more points due to their inclusion instead of 15-20 from Buckley) and still have a reasonable amount of change. Is he brilliant? Yes, of course. Do I think he should have gone for 3m? I'm afraid I probably do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I certainly remember some posters saying they'd take £2m or £xm for him and Bridcutt, but I missed it if someone said they'd drive him up there themselves, and the thread being started with that quote would suggest there was a particular poster who needed to have their uppence come.

I do remember someone posting this, to be fair I probably gave it a 'thumbs up' or quoted 'this' as well. To be fair Buckley had been poor until today and injury prone, so it would have been shrewd sale, at the time. Looks like it would have been poor business based on today's performance. Lets hope he keeps it up.....

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
3m isn't peanuts though. That's the issue. You could have replaced him with someone we'll get 40 games a season out of (and probably get more points due to their inclusion instead of 15-20 from Buckley) and still have a reasonable amount of change. Is he brilliant? Yes, of course. Do I think he should have gone for 3m? I'm afraid I probably do.

For a player like him in January £2-3m is. Say he's scores 4/5 between now and the end of the season with 4/5 assists. If we go up he's worth £100m. There's no way we'd have been able to get someone of the same quality for that kind of money in January. Is there anyone you can realistically suggest?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're winning and playing well at both ends, what do you do? Take the time to go in on fellow fans.... :facepalm:

We've just had a brilliant away win against an in form side. "I'll go onto nsc and have a go at my fellow supporters after Buckley has a good game" I do wonder what some people are thinking sometimes.
ahh have you got a little boo boo running down your cheek.

Lighten up chaps, it's just a bit of fun.

A fantastic win in game we all would have taken a point.

Assuming we are quiet now, we should be able to hear Will's hamstrings twang, at which point the sellists can have their moment.
But right now the keepatrons are having their fun.

Dec 29, 2011
For a player like him in January £2-3m is. Say he's scores 4/5 between now and the end of the season with 4/5 assists. If we go up he's worth £100m. There's no way we'd have been able to get someone of the same quality for that kind of money in January. Is there anyone you can realistically suggest?

5 goals and 5 assists? Before today he's scored 1 and assisted 2. Where's he suddenly going to pull this magical form from?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
For a player like him in January £2-3m is. Say he's scores 5 between now and the end of the season with 4/5 assists. If we go up he's worth £100m. There's no way we'd have been able to get someone of the same quality for that kind of money in January. Is there anyone you can realistically suggest?

If he's on the pitch enough, he certainly will make a massive difference. I'd have taken Conway - he's already got a couple for Blackburn and I rated him as a steady and consistent enough player. He's not as good as Buckley - but he's half the price (if that) and would contribute for the full season. Would have left us another million plus to cover another gap in the team.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
ahh have you got a little boo boo running down your cheek.

Lighten up chaps, it's just a bit of fun.

A fantastic win in game we all would have taken a point.

Assuming we are quiet now, we should be able to hear Will's hamstrings twang, at which point the sellists can have their moment.
But right now the keepatrons are having their fun.

Yea, massive boo boo, I'm absolutely gutted a player I wanted us to keep scored twice to secure us a win at a horrible awayday. It's not about what I think of Will anyways, it's the mentality of some people, never happy unless they're attacking others. It's sad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who didn't?

Oh wait, I assume KTDA, and me!!
I wouldn't have.

I don't think Will's talent has ever been in question when he gets on the pitch.
While we all know about his injury worries, there were people questioning his talent (post last injury) too. People thought he'd lost it.

I think this thread is premature, because he could easily get injured again on the journey home. But when match fit, he's brilliant.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
If he's on the pitch enough, he certainly will make a massive difference. I'd have taken Conway - he's already got a couple for Blackburn and I rated him as a steady and consistent enough player. He's not as good as Buckley - but he's half the price (if that) and would contribute for the full season. Would have left us another million plus to cover another gap in the team.

The same Conway whose wages we couldn't match? He was average for the most part for us bar 2/3 good games. Decent player but Buckley will give us more in fewer games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here