Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'll drive Buckley to Sunderland for £2million myself"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sorry, my comment was maybe a bit harsh, but this is, y'know, game 34, of the season. Harsher maybe of you to call anybody mugs who wasn't greatly impressed with his contributions to however of the many previous 33 games he's played.

Agree that Buckley hasn't been much cop this season. He has managed to treble his goal tally today. But there's little doubt he has talent, pace, good movement and cool finishing.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't think anyone doubts his talent, its just the amount of time he spends in the treatment room thats a bit of a problem. We may not see him now for 3 games, thats just the way it is with him. Great player though and i am glad we kept him.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was thinking about those kind of remarks after Buckley scored, to be fair to those who made such comments 80% of the time he'd played this season he hadn't been very effective. However most of the games he was often recovering from injury which hampered his form. Injury free and on his game he is devastating, he's shown time and time again he's worth keeping the faith in him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The same Conway whose wages we couldn't match? He was average for the most part for us bar 2/3 good games. Decent player but Buckley will give us more in fewer games.

This. Conway is ok, but nothing more and we should be aiming at a better player. When fit, Buckley and KLL IMO are comfortably better than Conway, and in fact Solly is not far off him either.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Tell that to OP :shrug:

Where have I said he's a world beater?

I said he's our best attacking threat would be playing top 10 Prem football now if he had no injury problems. That's why he plays for us and not someone like Southampton, although he will undoubtedly go onto play Premier League football - with or without us.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I certainly remember some posters saying they'd take £2m or £xm for him and Bridcutt, but I missed it if someone said they'd drive him up there themselves, and the thread being started with that quote would suggest there was a particular poster who needed to have their uppence come.

Someone else has bumped the thread:

Just that really, sell the pair of them asap.

Bridcutt is replaceable, Ince and or Andrews can do almost as good a job as defensive midfielders. Quite frankly anybody who doesn't want to be at the club might as well go, as we won't get the best out of them.

As for Buckley, what a let down he has been, in his third season with the club, he has promised so much, and yet delivered so little. Yes he has been brilliant in a few games, but not nearly enough, and l would expect far more consistency in a player who cost us a seven figure fee.

Amazed the club didn't accept the bid from Sunderland. Bridcutt won't attract a bid of more than about £2.5/3 and Buckley, well, l would have driven him north personally for the £1.75 that was on the table.

Go on ridicule me for my views, l've got thick skin!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's twice this season that Buckley's been our matchwinner against Bolton. Their fans must hate him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think this thread is premature, because he could easily get injured again on the journey home.

Clearly.

No fool would wait for a run of form, before they get chesty about keeping Will.

If ever there was a 'strike while the irons hot' thread, it's this one.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yup. And now we know who specifically to mock mercilessly.

Lol. As I've already said it was more of a general point (intentionally made with hyperbole) aimed at those who wanted shot of him, as opposed to the mocking of one individual.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: You MUGS.

Best attacking player we have. Essential to any kind of promotion push for us. Said at the time and I'm saying it again.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wasn't what most of you was saying in January was it. And I wouldn't laugh to much as we would probably sell him for that and that's the sad thing about it. I've always said £6 million minimum and idiots on here have said they'd be happy with £2m, I bet they're the same muppets who wanked themselves silly on getting £1.5m from Cardiff for Noone.

But we all know were are a selling club and Buckley will go for pittance. FFP remember.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's twice this season that Buckley's been our matchwinner against Bolton. Their fans must hate him.
It was his wonder goal against them at home, that had me scratching my head about all the 'sell sell sell' talk.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Gus said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid and we sell him for £2.5m. Gus said Buckley is worth just as much as Za ha ha so if Sunderland stay up then we sell for £3m tops. Bloody joke.

Could you imagine the top 6 clubs selling their best players for pittance? Not a chance in hell but us, then it's how much? ok, we'll take that.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Gus said Bridcutt could play for Real Madrid and we sell him for £2.5m. Gus said Buckley is worth just as much as Za ha ha so if Sunderland stay up then we sell for £3m tops. Bloody joke.

Could you imagine the top 6 clubs selling their best players for pittance? Not a chance in hell but us, then it's how much? ok, we'll take that.

agreed we sold bridcutt far to cheap , Buckley is class our best attacker , we should get 5 million plus , why are we not stronger when selling ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
agreed we sold bridcutt far to cheap , Buckley is class our best attacker , we should get 5 million plus , why are we not stronger when selling ?

This is another great chance of gain promotion and if we don't gain it then we'll lose at least 5 top players and we'll never get another shot. Ok we blew it last season but selling our finisest in the summer will be a joke. Poyet has already brought in 3 Argentinean players and he's hoping they stay up so when he comes in for Ulloa then it'll be easier for Ulloa to move as he'll have natives to socialize with.

He'll be back for Buckley and will say the same, Brighton are being unrealistic on the price. **** of poyet you two face baboon. £6m for Buckley to anyone or do one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Its got to be hard to negotiate top dollar, when you cant see those sitting across the table, because they are behind Will's medical records.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Its got to be hard to negotiate top dollar, when you cant see those sitting across the table, because they are behind Will's medical records.

Easy really isn't it, it's not rocket science. Pay what we want or **** off. I might be blunt but you need to be when dealing with these parasites.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy really isn't it, it's not rocket science. Pay what we want or **** off. I might be blunt but you need to be when dealing with these parasites.

:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here