• I've gone full HWT

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have never actually used the ignore function on NSC and can't imagine that I could possibly be the subject of another poster's ignore list, but they are frequently mentioned on here, so how many do you have on your ignore list ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
None - but I can see why people would in the not too distant past. There were a fair few derailing threads with the standard drivel which got pretty dull (from both sides of the political spectrum). Seems to have improved recently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s childish to put people on ignore, I prefer to ignore them whilst being able to see what drivel/stupid posts they’ve made

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
When relentless negativity from an individual starts to get me down, then the ignore option is great for protecting sanity. Having said that, only 3 posters have so far pushed me to do it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've got 3 so the clever OP gave me two options to vote for, but could only do one.
They're all on there for overt racism, which shouldn't be indulged, because otherwise you encourage it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
None. Used to have some of the loss junkies on the list but most of them are now either gone or just aimlessly wandering around, desperate to find some player performance or incident that proves that the club in reality is horribly run and everyone around it is incompetent etc. Pretty fun to watch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Three. All are conspiracy nuts. They are not even ordinary conspiracy nuts. Just the extremist wing. I don’t put people on ignore for disagreeing with me. If I did I wouldn’t have been able to see this thread :)
I think publishing ignore lists is ill advised.

Ps the poll options are a little odd. I’ve voted 1-3.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Honest reply: Some people from a long time ago who no longer post. Lots of Palace trolls. A couple of people who ruin every thread they contribute to (by turning it into a binfest) and a couple of people who where persistently racists and I didn't want to have to see their bile.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Having a healthy ignore list greatly improves the NSC experience IMO. But you have to learn how to work with it and it takes a while to train yourself not to click that “show post” button. What I have found is that I reckon I can pretty much guess exactly what’s being said based on other posters’ reaction to the ignoree. And it saves a sliver of sanity not to have to read the actual illiterate chimpanzee’s drivel.

Actually that’s really the core reason. Illiteracy winds me up. I don’t want to see it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm really disappointed that no one has posted 'Did someone say something ?' yet :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, I prefer to explain why they’re wrong in a patronizing manner before calling them thick.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think it's a good function to have for the weakest among us to be able to use. The one(s) with the most fragile ego that can only survive in an echo chamber and has to tell everyone about it seems to need it the most.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here