Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If your feeling down.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's what happens when you don't get to play football. At West Ham he was directly behind Andy Carroll, and there's no shame in that. What Chamakh needs is a bit of confidence back and Ian Holloway, while not tactically the best, can certainly supply confidence in abundance.

If Palace sign Darren Bent too, they've got a very good chance of survival IMO.

You owe a charity money. That's my response to anything you post.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course? That doesn't mean that Leo is a bad player, he's just not as good as Chamakh. Chamakh played for 8 years for a top side in the French top division, scoring regularly in the Champions League. In his first three months at Arsenal he scored 10 goals. After that, Van Persie came back from injury and obviously Marouane found his chances limited.

How come he didn't go to United, or Chelsea, or Spurs? Was it that Arsenal didn't want to hand their title rivals such a MASSIVE advantage?

You owe money to a charity. Scum.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Of course? That doesn't mean that Leo is a bad player, he's just not as good as Chamakh. Chamakh played for 8 years for a top side in the French top division, scoring regularly in the Champions League. In his first three months at Arsenal he scored 10 goals. After that, Van Persie came back from injury and obviously Marouane found his chances limited.

I take it you are the deluded seaside eagle. Surprised you have the time to type on NSC after spending most of the day rimming Parrish.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
How come he didn't go to United, or Chelsea, or Spurs? Was it that Arsenal didn't want to hand their title rivals such a MASSIVE advantage?

You owe money to a charity. Scum.

Because he wasn't good enough for Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Spurs? What part of "he's a good player but not good enough for a top Premier League club" did you not understand?

I'm sure he'll do well this year for Palace and his potential partnership with Darren Bent could be good to watch.

How come you're not on the BBS anymore pal? :moo:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Because he wasn't good enough for Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Spurs? What part of "he's a good player but not good enough for a top Premier League club" did you not understand?

I'm sure he'll do well this year for Palace and his potential partnership with Darren Bent could be good to watch.

If he can't play well with the players Arsenal have then he isn't going to do much for you. Better players make other players look good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Because I got bored of the creche that the Away End is. Any good points are ignored, homophobic abuse is welcomed, it's a depressing place full of delusion and nonsense, from BOTH sides.

He's not good enough for the bottom of the Prem, from all available evidence we have.

You owe money to a charity. Actually let that sink in. Scum.

Note: A chap on the BBS actually owes me money for a bet on finishing positions of Palace and Brighton last season, but I can't be bothered to chase it up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This thread would be more humourous if the player was actually that bad.

However, he is not. He just wasn't up to the standard of Arsenal (who are a very very good champions league club, despite the 'fashionable' stance of criticising them)

Palace may have pulled off an excellent signing there. Rivitalised and ready to prove a point. Get Bolasie swining a cross onto his head and that wont be easy to defend against?

Will he set the footballing world alight? Probably not.
Is it a hilarious signing? No way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This thread would be more humourous if the player was actually that bad.

However, he is not. He just wasn't up to the standard of Arsenal (who are a very very good champions league club, despite the 'fashionable' stance of criticising them)

Palace may have pulled off an excellent signing there. Rivitalised and ready to prove a point. Get Bolasie swining a cross onto his head and that wont be easy to defend against?

Will he set the footballing world alight? Probably not.
Is it a hilarious signing? No way.

Can't agree. Firstly, he doesn't like heading as it messes up his hair. At Prem level, he's an AMUSING signing.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
If he can't play well with the players Arsenal have then he isn't going to do much for you. Better players make other players look good.

The point is that he DID play well for Arsenal until Robin Van Persie was fit and scoring every week. He got 10 goals in under 3 months for Arsenal when he first joined. He tore the french League 1 apart for Bordeux which enticed Arsenal to sign him in the first place. He is absolutely 100% good enough for the Premier League, I really don't see how anyone could look at his career and say that he isn't better than any striker in the Championship.

Edit: By the way, why the F*CK did you lot not like Dobbie? He has been fantastic for us in pre-season, and against Lazio he was one of the best players on the pitch! He can run with the ball, has an exceptional shot and eye for a pass and he can beat a man with ease despite his relative lack of pace. I think he'll be starting a lot of games for us next year.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Does this mean the £8m non league player wouldn't be starting for the Barcelona of South London ?

It means that the £6m player who did well in the Championship last year will be playing alongside Chamakh, unless Bent signs at which point he'll find himself on the bench I'd imagine.

When your promotion has made you a minimum of £120m, you can afford to take a risk on a very promising young player.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Oh. It appears we may have just won the race for Darren Bent. Goodness me. I think I'm going to have a lie down if this is true.

albionite

May 20, 2009
It means that the £6m player who did well in the Championship last year will be playing alongside Chamakh, unless Bent signs at which point he'll find himself on the bench I'd imagine.

When your promotion has made you a minimum of £120m, you can afford to take a risk on a very promising young player.

HaHa you really are a deluded ****. Nice that you have to spend all your time on our forum and even make up several user names to post the same drivel.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
HaHa you really are a deluded ****. Nice that you have to spend all your time on our forum and even make up several user names to post the same drivel.

I haven't been on here for ages! I just wanted to congratulate you on your fantastic start to the season :thumbsup:

Best of luck with that by the way. Don't be worried by the first few games, we lost our first FOUR games last year and then won 15 games and drew 1 in the next 16! :cool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. He is absolutely 100% good enough for the Premier League, I really don't see how anyone could look at his career and say that he isn't better than any striker in the Championship.

Presumably that includes the ones like Johnson, Zamora and Holt whose own Premiership records are comfortably better?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Why would Darren Bent sign for Palace, when he wants to break back into the England team and spend the rest of his career at Premiership level?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here