Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If your feeling down.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would Darren Bent sign for Palace, when he wants to break back into the England team and spend the rest of his career at Premiership level?

Bent will follow the money. He doesn't give two shits about his career.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Why would Darren Bent sign for Palace, when he wants to break back into the England team and spend the rest of his career at Premiership level?

I have no idea. If the rumours coming out of the club are true, I suppose he'll announce it in his first interview as a Palace player. If he wants to break into the England team he'll need first team football. He's practically guaranteed that at Palace.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Ohh I've just read about it and I see now. Villa want to loan him out for the season, Palace are willing to pay his £40k a week wages + give Villa a bonus fee if Bent keeps them up.

So you're paying huge wages for Bent & Chamakh, only certain of keeping them both for the year, so not gaining any long term assets for your money. I was worried you'd invest the prem money in a sensible way to give you some way of competing with us in the future - looks like you're just spunking it up the wall! :thumbsup:

Good to hear.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Ohh I've just read about it and I see now. Villa want to loan him out for the season, Palace are willing to pay his £40k a week wages + give Villa a bonus fee if Bent keeps them up.

So you're paying huge wages for Bent & Chamakh, only certain of keeping them both for the year, so not gaining any long term assets for your money. I was worried you'd invest the prem money in a sensible way to give you some way of competing with us in the future - looks like you're just spunking it up the wall! :thumbsup:

Good to hear.

Supposedly if we stay up, Bent and Chamakh have their 1 year deals extended permanently. Chamakh certainly does. To be honest this seems like the perfect strategy to me. Proven Premier League experience combined with up-and-coming talent like Gayle.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Supposedly if we stay up, Bent and Chamakh have their 1 year deals extended permanently. Chamakh certainly does. To be honest this seems like the perfect strategy to me. Proven Premier League experience combined with up-and-coming talent like Gayle.

Too bad that's not going to happen isn't it? http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Gayle reminds me of DJ Campbell when he broke onto the scene. Not bad - sure, but will amount to no more than a top of the Championship player at best.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a thought, but when did he become a bad player ??? I followed Wenger following him for a year or so, then sign him, and him then never playing, for over three seasons ??? Seemed a bit strange that the normally astute Wenger copped a £16M rick ???

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Too bad that's not going to happen isn't it? http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Gayle reminds me of DJ Campbell when he broke onto the scene. Not bad - sure, but will amount to no more than a top of the Championship player at best.

You don't think Gayle will improve AT ALL over the rest of his career? He's only 22 ffs, and everyone who has commented on him in football disagrees with you.

I'd imagine those odds will change a lot if Bent is confirmed as signed. We're still going to be a relegation favourite but there's a far larger chance that we'll be playing in the Premier League next season than you will :)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Don't forget Palace are on 4 seasons @ £15M each in parachute money if they get relegated. Makes me think they will happily 'spunk away' till the cows come home...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's not what Mike Sinnerton says. He was our Press Officer for several years and is very well connected to the club. He now works for NikeUK who sponsor Darren Bent.

Just to confirm that Ian Holloway, this morning, has said Bent is joining Fulham.

Sorry.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's not what Mike Sinnerton says. He was our Press Officer for several years and is very well connected to the club. He now works for NikeUK who sponsor Darren Bent.

I guess Mike's not really in the loop is he? :lolol:

Bent to Fulham, it seems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here