Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were OG who would you sign before the close of the transfer window?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Striker = Ross M from Dirty Leeds (or similar) to play behind Ulloa.
Maybe an Attacking Central Midfielder from Spain

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Becchio
Jason Roberts
Reheem Sterling

Job done

No one should wish Raheem Stirling on the Albion. From first hand knowledge, he's very dim, has twice been alleged to have beaten up his girlfriend and refuses to train properly. Physically he isnt strong enough. He would be a nightmare to manage.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Someone to play off of Leo who is quick, agile and can get on the end of knock downs and run the channels on the edge of the area. How about Craig Mackail Smith?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does Leo have a brother?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
We don't need anyone.
RB we have Calde and Bruno. Striker, we have Ulloa and Barnes with CMS due back in the not too distant future.
Plenty of central players.

Just because we have injuries now doesn't mean we should go out and sign a loan player.
For anyone of sufficient quality they will more than likely demand game time, which will inhibit our own players development.

We must make do with our squad is it is. When injuries disappear a bit we have a very strong eleven and a decent bench.

Kusz, Ward, Upson, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Agustien, Crofts, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa.

Bench: Brez, Calde, el-abd, Andrews, Orlandi, Kaz and CMS.

Plus Ince, March, Chicksen etc pushing the others.

I'm happy with that squad and happy to accept we are just unlucky with injuries.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Friend of mine who lives in Leicester says we are going to sign Richie Wellens who has apparently cancelled his short term contract with Doncaster.
Not a bad option to give us a bit of added drive in midfield and from what we have (perhaps surprisingly) seen so far he seems to fit the profile of the type of player OG is happy that we sign.
Certainly seems to me that our head coach has a clear vision of the type of player who could get us challenging consistently over the course of a Championship season......... good hardworking pros who can sustain fast one and two touch passing football over 90+ minutes and wont be muscled out of the game.
If we are thereabouts in the spring we might see an injection of latin style flair but with winter coming I'm not sure he isnt right tb

edit/clarification: any deal for Wellens is speculation as far as I know - not "insider" knowledge :lol:

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We don't need anyone.
RB we have Calde and Bruno. Striker, we have Ulloa and Barnes with CMS due back in the not too distant future.

Just because we have injuries now doesn't mean we should go out and sign a loan player.
For anyone of sufficient quality they will more than likely demand game time, which will inhibit our own players development.

We must make do with our squad is it is. When injuries disappear a bit we have a very strong eleven and a decent bench.

Kusz, Ward, Upson, Greer, Bruno, Bridcutt, Agustien, Crofts, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa.

I'm happy with that squad and happy to accept we are just unlucky with injuries.

This. My slightly facetious post about a player like CMS was pretty much saying the same. Even with Wayne Bridge gone, we have a stronger squad now than at the end of last season. Any new first team player will cost at least 500k a year in wages without even taking transfer and signing on fees into account. That's around £20 (+VAT) on every season ticket and £1 per game on a match ticket.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Purely stealing other people's suggestions in this thread - Ross McCormack and Billy Sharp.

And Matthew Taylor, if he hasn't gone to Leeds :p

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I just had a look at Wiki to see who Diego Castro was, apparently he signed for us. Most probably not though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Someone to play off of Leo who is quick, agile and can get on the end of knock downs and run the channels on the edge of the area. How about Craig Mackail Smith?

Agreed. So 6-month loan maybe?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We don't need anyone.

Hmmm... so what would we have done if Ulloa was injured Sat? You sound a bit naive TBH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This. My slightly facetious post about a player like CMS was pretty much saying the same. Even with Wayne Bridge gone, we have a stronger squad now than at the end of last season. Any new first team player will cost at least 500k a year in wages without even taking transfer and signing on fees into account. That's around £20 (+VAT) on every season ticket and £1 per game on a match ticket.

No it isn't. At the moment we have spare playing budget, so you are wrong to imply an automatic ticket price hike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does Leo have a brother?
I'd take sister, mother or granny over most of the names here, that'll be demanding a 10k+ weekly wage.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd take sister, mother or granny over most of the names here, that'll be demanding a 10k+ weekly wage.

In case you didn't notice we cleared a lot of deadwood out of our squad this summer, including the 'value-for-money' flair king that is Vicente. Believe me, we have some spare wages money IF, as PB says, we have a similar budget to last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In case you didn't notice we cleared a lot of deadwood out of our squad this summer, including the 'value-for-money' flair king that is Vicente. Believe me, we have some spare wages money IF, as PB says, we have a similar budget to last season.
Doesn't mean it should be wasted on over hyped, over paid, under skilled, no marks.

I'd much prefer the money (if there is any) to go on someone, young, with a point to prove, or keen to make a name for himself in England.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here