If you ran NSC...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've enabled the default reputation system - let's see how it goes...

How does this reputation thing work then? Does the feedback show up in your notifications, and/or publicly? And does it say who it is from?

Also, how many rep points do you need to progress/decline in levels etc?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There seems to be a fair bit of support for some sort of probation period before a new member can start a thread. I think this is a really bad idea - it gives the impression of cliqueness. Fans from other clubs dropping in ahead of the fixture with them with questions or a bit of banter is a valuable and interesting part of the forum. Yes, theres the odd nutter, but I think putting any restrictions on new members is a very bad idea - it would seriously limit the number of new members.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
There seems to be a fair bit of support for some sort of probation period before a new member can start a thread. I think this is a really bad idea - it gives the impression of cliqueness. Fans from other clubs dropping in ahead of the fixture with them with questions or a bit of banter is a valuable and interesting part of the forum. Yes, theres the odd nutter, but I think putting any restrictions on new members is a very bad idea - it would seriously limit the number of new members.

Many boards have a 5 posts before you can start a thread rule. That's enough to weed out the piss takers and not so many as to put people off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I agree - I don't like other forums I've visited where either...

- My membership has to be approved before I can post
- I can't see the board until I've registered
- I can't post new threads until I've made X posts

...which is why NSC has none of these as a matter of course.

(I sometimes implement the first one if we are under a particularly intensive spam attack or malicious users are trying to disrupt the board.)

The only new user restriction is that they can't post hyperlinks until they've reached 25 posts. This helps stops spammers posting links to dodgy stuff before we manage to ban them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
An FAQ in the ATC section. Seriously, the number of season ticket holders asking if they will get a paper ticket for games that aren't league games is ridiculous. And the wifi one has been asked several times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports