Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you ran NSC...

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Limited access?

Could we have limited access for new members of NSC? Maybe allow new members the ability to view threads and make comments but not start a thread until they've made a certain amount of comments and / or been a member for 6 months. Would stop people just signing up to start annoying threads that waste people's time. Happy to have guests from other clubs making comments but not starting threads.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could we have limited access for new members of NSC? Maybe allow new members the ability to view threads and make comments but not start a thread until they've made a certain amount of comments and / or been a member for 6 months.

Says CaptainDave whilst starting a new thread with his 41st post :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Could we have limited access for new members of NSC? Maybe allow new members the ability to view threads and make comments but not start a thread until they've made a certain amount of comments and / or been a member for 6 months. Would stop people just signing up to start annoying threads that waste people's time. Happy to have guests from other clubs making comments but not starting threads.

Unless you are the reincarnation of an old member (!) then joining in Oct 10 and having 41 posts makes you relatively new. Are you suggesting you should be censored?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
lykjfhds.JPG

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
What a fantastic idea and this thread would have been avoided as a result

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Great !! Off ya trot then pal !!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I have followed NSC for years and always stood in the north stand at the Goldstone. I am a life long fan of the Albion and go to matches in NW region every season but am aware that I may not always have the latest news as I no longer live in Sussex. I would be more than happy to have limited access and occasionally post a comment although I was only suggesting 6 months or after a certain amount of posts. I've been a member for 9 months but a fan for over 25 years. Is NSC just for people who have been members for years and have nothing better to do than write thousands of posts?

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009

Agree. NOTE that we both have less than 100 posts, which is what I think someone should accumalate before starting a new thread.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think time is more important than posts. I was only trying to suggest a way of stopping people joining then starting a thread straight away that is either inaccurate / offensive. I could be a member for 10 years and only make two posts a year. But if my wife's step brother (who is a director at the club) happened to tell me something exciting then I might want to share the news with other fans.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ok , I have one - a few other Football boards do this (although can't remember which)

with Rumours it shows Source in a tagline so to give the user the option whether to carry on with it ... also I'd ban all the shit from that football-rumours website , worrying how naive some people are with that site !!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is a "rep" button for vBulletin that would be good to have. This could then work like a "Like" button on Facebook, and people could then decide (with the aid of that) if someone is trustworthy or not. Any over use (or incorrect use) of the rep option results in that person having their ability to rep someone disabled.

i like a rep feature gives us a chance to find the people who post utter tosh and it lets us know that if there is a new thread and they have lots of bad rep its probably not worth believing (rumours...)

I've enabled the default reputation system - let's see how it goes...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yay. It will start like the Simpsons episode where they electrocute each other but it will calm down.

wonder how many people will find the rep button - bit like the g-spot, it's not exactly obvious where to find it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here