Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had 5 minutes in the dressing room with the team before the game tomorrow..........

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nunca ceder - nunca, nunca, nunca, nunca, en nada grande o pequeño, grande o pequeño, nunca rendirse salvo a las convicciones de honor y el buen sentido. Nunca ceder a la fuerza; Nunca ceder a la aparentemente abrumador poderío del enemigo ".

“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
First I'd give Calde a great big man hug. With the remaining 10 seconds I'd remind them how good it felt to win on Tuesday, and to do the same again.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Get a shirt signed. Get a picture with them. Tell them that we've all paid to see exciting attacking football so please can we see it. Shake Calderon's hand.

My boy was the mascot at the December Palace game last season and I got the opportunity to go into the changing rooms with him (much to the wife's annoyance) this is exactly what he did several photos and autographs however there were 2 things that struck me:

1. Although we were not allowed to stay for the team talk how quiet the changing room was no captains speech, no interaction and Gus and Tanno sitting quietly in the corner.

2. How shite and small the changing rooms are Selhurst.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
... I'd worry our security was dodgy in the extreme.

But if I DID end up in there, I'd say two things will get us victory today and the points to get into the play-offs: courage and bloody-mindedness.
Courage to play as we can play, to hold our nerve, and take risks when we need to.
Bloody-mindedness to refuse to consider for a moment that we are not going to win this game. And each one that comes after it until the end of the season. Unshakeable conviction can take you a heck of a long way. We don't sit back. We don't settle for 1-0. Or 2-0. Or 3-0.
And if we want the prize more than anyone else, whose to say we don't have the balls, the talent and the determination to grab it.
COME ON!

(punches the air and goes for a lie-down ...)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Koosh - "Keep up the shot stopping - try to pass it to one of our players"
Bruno - "Yes, I know your suspension is over, but you're on the bench today"
Calde - "More of the same, please"
Greer - "Yes, I know you're captain, but you're on the bench today, despite having had a good game on Tuesday"
Upson -" Keep it up please. By the way, you're Captain"
Dunk - "You're playing, lad. Keep it tight, and get up there for corners and see if you can put one away"
Ward - "Brilliant game on Tuesday - keep it up"
Andrews - "Play like you did on Tuesday, not like you have for most of the other games you've played"
Stephens & Lingard - "You've got better and better and now obviously fit into the team. Keep it up"
March - "Keep driving forward. Practice using your left foot please, but not in the game just yet"
Lua Lua - "Blimey, you can last 90 minutes. Who knew? Can you do it twice in a week? Go on, just for me."
Ulloa - "Great that you found the net twice on Tuesday. Can you do that again today please?"

All - "RAWWWRRRR"

He will struggle if he can't use his left in the game.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
As Edna ha just gien WZ some advice. maybe I could reciprocate.

I'd say to the 28k faithful over the speakers: "Think about what you chant. Don't wind up the opposing team with meaningless childish insults. Remember what you did to Jonny Williams in the Ipswich game and the Boro fans with stupid remarks about the DHSS etc. Try to be more constructive."

"And remember you paid for 90+ minutes of football, not 70 if you start to struggle..."

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
My boy was the mascot at the December Palace game last season and I got the opportunity to go into the changing rooms with him (much to the wife's annoyance) this is exactly what he did several photos and autographs however there were 2 things that struck me:

1. Although we were not allowed to stay for the team talk how quiet the changing room was no captains speech, no interaction and Gus and Tanno sitting quietly in the corner.

2. How shite and small the changing rooms are Selhurst.

Probably they were smaller at "Fortress Withdean"...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Koosh - "Keep up the shot stopping - try to pass it to one of our players"
Bruno - "Yes, I know your suspension is over, but you're on the bench today"
Calde - "More of the same, please"
Greer - "Yes, I know you're captain, but you're on the bench today, despite having had a good game on Tuesday"
Upson -" Keep it up please. By the way, you're Captain"
Dunk - "You're playing, lad. Keep it tight, and get up there for corners and see if you can put one away"
Ward - "Brilliant game on Tuesday - keep it up"
Andrews - "Play like you did on Tuesday, not like you have for most of the other games you've played"
Stephens & Lingard - "You've got better and better and now obviously fit into the team. Keep it up"
March - "Keep driving forward. Practice using your left foot please, but not in the game just yet"
Lua Lua - "Blimey, you can last 90 minutes. Who knew? Can you do it twice in a week? Go on, just for me."
Ulloa - "Great that you found the net twice on Tuesday. Can you do that again today please?"

All - "RAWWWRRRR"

To which Calde replies - "Barrabilak, gaffer. Kapitaina naiz denean Greer ez da jolasten."*

* Basque for 'Bollocks, Señor Garcia. I'm captain when Greer isn't playing..."

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He will struggle if he can't use his left in the game.

Oops!

To which Calde replies - "Barrabilak, gaffer. Kapitaina naiz denean Greer ez da jolasten."*

* Basque for 'Bollocks, Señor Garcia. I'm captain when Greer isn't playing..."

Yeah, I know. To not rock the boat, I guess I should stay with Calde, who'd do a perfectly decent job. I do think that Upson would be a little better, but whatever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lads? Life is just a series of peaks and troughs, and you don't whether you're in a trough until you're climbing out, or on a peak until you're coming down. And that's it, you know, you never know what's round the corner. But it's all good. "If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain". Do you know which "philosopher" said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of TITS.

Now go out there and smash it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here