Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are unhappy with the club right now. Why?

Why is this club crap?

• I know FOR A FACT that we're not doing enough behind the scenes to sign new players

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that the money from Ulloa won't get reinvested into the team

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we're not trying to sign anyone else other than O'Grady

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Burke doesn't know what he's doing, I watch him do his job every day

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we won't be as good as we were last season

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Reaching the playoffs two seasons in a row is unacceptable because we lost

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't care if we wait until the end of the window to get good deals. I want players NOW!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tony Bloom is a tight arse. £150m isn't enough

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I should go an support Crystal Palace

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Hodor

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I couldn't give a flying f if some of these "fans" vote with their feet.
The bed wetting on here is beyond belief. We're Brighton FFS not AC cocking Milan!

Makes me think that some on here haven't supported the club that long. Go back to your armchair & subscribe to Sky or BT Sport.

AC Cocking Milan actually finished 10th I have you know

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
What is 'Hodor'? It would appear to be the only possible sensible answer (apart from possibly 'other').

It's like Mordor, but gloomier :dunce:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm not sure what's worse

The superfans who never complain and would be happy if we signed Michael Brown and Colin Hawkins (They are within Budget!, Colin is much better now!) or sold the entire team (We meet FFP now!)

People who moan all the time and wouldn't be happy if we put on free poll dancing and beer at each game.

All I will say is that anyone who isn't in a slightly bad mood today because our main goal scoring threat has gone and has also been part of our most memorable moments of the past 2 years (Forest, Leeds and Hull goals immediately spring to mind for me) can't be watching the games I have done. Yes it's good business but I've seen Mark Farrington replace Mike Small and Richard Tiltman replace Dean Saunders. Forgive me if I would rather have the player than a slightly better bank statement.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The bed wetting on here is beyond belief. We're Brighton FFS not AC cocking Milan!

Makes me think that some on here haven't supported the club that long. Go back to your armchair & subscribe to Sky or BT Sport.

I think you are right. Some posters on here are clearly ' the Amex generation ' and have recently discovered BHA or rediscovered it. They are the types who shunned Withdean...' got wet, no atmosphere, couldn't get a ticket etc etc etc '
They haven't put the mileage in over the years, so haven't had a chance to develop a more mature attitude.
They haven't experienced dropping through two divisions in two seasons. They haven't gone on marches to raise money to buy players. They haven't experienced losing to non-league opposition. They haven't done their time on the sweaty, filthy terracing, surging and swaying. Queueing three to four hours in all weather, before kick-off, to get in. They don't go to away matches to get a different feel for your team and find out what other fans think about you.
Basically, they have been spoilt and like a kid given too much too soon, they want more and more and nothing is ever enough. This club has made magnificent strides in the last few years and we all know the individuals that worked body and soul to make it happen. It is an insult to them to suggest that this is a crap football club. Most of us are proud of what we have and it is now a legacy to hand down to future generations.
We have only just started out on our journey to the summit and there will be setbacks ( as in life ) along the way. If anyone out there isn't proud of supporting BHA, then take yourself elsewhere. It clearly isn't part of you, isn't in your veins and in your blood. Selling good players always hurts. When Wardy went ( far better than Ulloa ), when Lawro went ( far better than Ulloa ) we got over it and moved on. No man is irreplaceable.
Plenty of Championship supporters would love to be in our position and that includes clubs that are historically bigger than us.

So does every football club ever in the world with the exception of perhaps Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd (and even they had to pay the equivalent of a 3 bed semi in Portslade every week to keep Rooney who isn't even the best player in the England team any more).

Liverpool sold Torres BUT THEY GOT 50 million. Then they sold Suarez BUT THEY GOT 75 million. Spurs sold Bale BUT THEY GOT 86 million. Burnley sold Austin AND GOT PROMOTED.

It is literally the whole point of the transfer market. You buy a good player cheaply, bring him on getting results on the way and then - Ker Ching! - you sell him.

The question for me is will we then reinvest that money in someone else's best player? I'll know the answer on September 1st :thumbsup:

Your examples do show the dilemma though. Liverpool have lost a player who could well score 30 prem goals even if he plays no games before November - if they slip out of top 4 spots this season, that will be a bad deal on their part. That was a huge amount of money for Bale but Spurs have spunked it quite amazingly.

The transfer market is a circle of life but we need some big boosts now - we've had little really, really good news on that front since the signing of Upson 18 months ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I still have that sneaky feeling that the club will be sold in the near future
That would make no sense. If you want to make money, start with a club that doesn't need £150m spent on it, just to have a ground etc.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think you are right. Some posters on here are clearly ' the Amex generation ' and have recently discovered BHA or rediscovered it. They are the types who shunned Withdean...' got wet, no atmosphere, couldn't get a ticket etc etc etc '
They haven't put the mileage in over the years, so haven't had a chance to develop a more mature attitude.
They haven't experienced dropping through two divisions in two seasons. They haven't gone on marches to raise money to buy players. They haven't experienced losing to non-league opposition. They haven't done their time on the sweaty, filthy terracing, surging and swaying. Queueing three to four hours in all weather, before kick-off, to get in. They don't go to away matches to get a different feel for your team and find out what other fans think about you.
Basically, they have been spoilt and like a kid given too much too soon, they want more and more and nothing is ever enough. This club has made magnificent strides in the last few years and we all know the individuals that worked body and soul to make it happen. It is an insult to them to suggest that this is a crap football club. Most of us are proud of what we have and it is now a legacy to hand down to future generations.
We have only just started out on our journey to the summit and there will be setbacks ( as in life ) along the way. If anyone out there isn't proud of supporting BHA, then take yourself elsewhere. It clearly isn't part of you, isn't in your veins and in your blood. Selling good players always hurts. When Wardy went ( far better than Ulloa ), when Lawro went ( far better than Ulloa ) we got over it and moved on. No man is irreplaceable.
Plenty of Championship supporters would love to be in our position and that includes clubs that are historically bigger than us.

Martyr.jpg

I'm sure it's this stinky sort of elitism that is going to drive the occasional fan back to the armchair for Utd or Arsenal. My first game was Northampton Town away in 97 in a Worthington Cup 2nd round, we lost 2-1 and I've bled blue and white since. But because I'm worried about the lack of signings halfway through preseason I am seen as a fake fan who should support Chelsea (others words on this site, not mine).

It's bloody ridiculous.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The transfer market is a circle of life but we need some big boosts now - we've had little really, really good news on that front since the signing of Upson 18 months ago.

My thoughts exactly.

2 summers ago we were spoiled with Tommy K and Bridge signing. 2 players who had played international football and real statements of intent.

The following window had Upson - a centre half in the last world cup at the time.

Since then we have had very little to get excited about with Bridcutt, Upson, Barnes, Ulloa, Orlandi and Tommy K all gone. Stephens is the only signing I can think of, of note.

With 11 million quid from the Ulloa and Bridcutt sales to spend, a top quality signing to lift the place is required.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My thoughts exactly.

2 summers ago we were spoiled with Tommy K and Bridge signing. 2 players who had played international football and real statements of intent.

The following window had Upson - a centre half in the last world cup at the time.

Since then we have had very little to get excited about with Bridcutt, Upson, Barnes, Ulloa, Orlandi and Tommy K all gone. Stephens is the only signing I can think of, of note.

With 11 million quid from the Ulloa and Bridcutt sales to spend, a top quality signing to lift the place is required.

There might be several signings of quality to come?
TB won't let it slip I'm sure.
We won't be in the market for players demanding PL wages of £30k per week - let's let Fulham and Cardiff take those gambles. Norwich, Swansea and CP all in very recent years that you have competitive Championship squads without the need to go down the route of QPR & Leicester.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Because my seat is not available for the Cheltenham game. Yes, I do understand the reasons blah blah blah. But it is MY seat (apart from the fat bird (?) that sat in it with no pants on (she lobbed them), watching Rod Stewart......

View attachment 56361

I'm sure it's this stinky sort of elitism that is going to drive the occasional fan back to the armchair for Utd or Arsenal. My first game was Northampton Town away in 97 in a Worthington Cup 2nd round, we lost 2-1 and I've bled blue and white since. But because I'm worried about the lack of signings halfway through preseason I am seen as a fake fan who should support Chelsea (others words on this site, not mine).

It's bloody ridiculous.

Quite, save of us from the superfans, who too often use their piety to shut down any discussions

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
This, bloody well put my friend :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I get the opposite impression.

It's long term fans worried about the more recent fans at the Amex drifting away unless the cluub pull out all the stops and try buy promotion because they fear that is the only way to keep them coming (and to keep near the top of the attendance rankings) - they fear that if we were to lose a couple of thousand fans, then we lose spending power and risk having a very poor squad which gets relegated and results in more leaving, then less to spend resulting in relegation and so on and before you know it we are in the Ryman Premier League playing the likes of Lewes in an empty stadium.

They should have more faith in the newer fans, many of whom are really enjoying the matchday experience and not even close to giving up on it because we haven't got promoted to the top flight yet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite, save of us from the superfans, who too often use their piety to shut down any discussions

Tends to be the JCLs who say this in fairness to Mo G

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here