Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are unhappy with the club right now. Why?

Why is this club crap?

• I know FOR A FACT that we're not doing enough behind the scenes to sign new players

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that the money from Ulloa won't get reinvested into the team

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we're not trying to sign anyone else other than O'Grady

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Burke doesn't know what he's doing, I watch him do his job every day

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we won't be as good as we were last season

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Reaching the playoffs two seasons in a row is unacceptable because we lost

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't care if we wait until the end of the window to get good deals. I want players NOW!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tony Bloom is a tight arse. £150m isn't enough

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I should go an support Crystal Palace

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Hodor

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
So i take it from your comment you will be using your own money (multi-millions) and showing them how it's done in the not too distant future?

Looking forward to that and the constant whining from others about your efforts if you fail to deliver instant success.

(- in answer to the OP, i'm not unhappy with anything to do with the club right now)

I'm not going to lie but I'm not happy. We always tend to sell our best players. At this to the fact the money that we have made from sales recently has pretty much been put into the FFP sink. Sure I can understand the club need to work by the rules but the best way to describe the team currently Is 1 step forward 3 steps back in terms of strength. Fans are only going to take so much before season tickets and normal tickets dwindle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not going to lie but I'm not happy. We always tend to sell our best players. At this to the fact the money that we have made from sales recently has pretty much been put into the FFP sink. Sure I can understand the club need to work by the rules but the best way to describe the team currently Is 1 step forward 3 steps back in terms of strength. Fans are only going to take so much before season tickets and normal tickets dwindle.

So does every football club ever in the world with the exception of perhaps Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd (and even they had to pay the equivalent of a 3 bed semi in Portslade every week to keep Rooney who isn't even the best player in the England team any more).

Liverpool sold Torres BUT THEY GOT 50 million. Then they sold Suarez BUT THEY GOT 75 million. Spurs sold Bale BUT THEY GOT 86 million. Burnley sold Austin AND GOT PROMOTED.

It is literally the whole point of the transfer market. You buy a good player cheaply, bring him on getting results on the way and then - Ker Ching! - you sell him.

The question for me is will we then reinvest that money in someone else's best player? I'll know the answer on September 1st :thumbsup:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

A few years ago we would never have had a player the quality of Ulloa, and if we did we would have sold them at the first offer. Leicester offered us £3.25m we told them to go away, they came back lots of times and we told them to go away, once they met our valuation we sold. If we can use most of that income to strengthen in the 3 or 4 places we need it, it could have been the best business we have ever done since we sold Beeney and stopped the club folding.

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
Thought long and hard about the topic and have a couple of things. My seat in WSL does very occasionally get a bit of rain on it, if the wind is coming from the East. Secondly, there are not enough places on the concourses to rest my pint whilst putting brown sauce on my pie. Bloom, Barber, Burke and everyone else OUT
You get brown sauce!!! Barber bloom out ;)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Palarse fans were saying the same about first then second then third season Amex syndrome,you're starting to sound like them.

Unless you're Mystic Meg, give it a rest fella.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thought long and hard about the topic and have a couple of things. My seat in WSL does very occasionally get a bit of rain on it, if the wind is coming from the East. Secondly, there are not enough places on the concourses to rest my pint whilst putting brown sauce on my pie. Bloom, Barber, Burke and everyone else OUT

Nail on head with second point. Clutching programme while stumbling across concourse to find somewhere to put milk in tea and stir it is a related problem. Not enough work surfaces.

Other than that, trusting that the club is run sensibly, while bearing in mind that the right players don't grow on trees. Couldn't hold Ulloa for ever, and it is to the club's credit that we have made £5,000,000 profit in about 18 months - that's 250%!!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very happy.
Finally got rid of slow/immobile/overrated Ulloa & ripped Leicester off at a astonishingly high fee.

Have faith that TB will spend it. (I don't feel any need to slag off Barber on this, as TB writes the cheques and ultimately decides the big decision).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And they are replacing Suarez with players who have played most of their career at a lower level like Lallana. They need strikers not more midfielders! Burke out!

The transfer window closes on 1st Sept, and all clubs including Liverpool have 6 and half weeks still to get their acquisitions in.
Most business is still to be done, so let's judge it all in early Sept and beyond.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

But WTF do you expect to happen?

We support Brighton FFS :shrug:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Certainly not strange that people are a bit annoyed we just sold our best player. Nobody saying its the end of the world. But he was our main man!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lets be honest; Most fans of the club think we are bigger than we actually are.

We don't have the biggest budget in the league so we can't afford to spend millions on players
We DO still occasionally have to sell our best players to fund other ones.
A new training ground and a new stadium doesn't immediately make us a big club.

I'm sure that the board would not sanction the move unless a) they felt confident that there is a suitable replacement lined up or b) the funds are sufficient enough to be re-allocated back into the transfer/wage budget to allow us to improve the squad. I don't work in their business so I have no idea how to do their job, so its not up to me to comment.

It's not the club, it is the expectations of the fans that need re-aligning.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unhappy the club have sold Leo for such a low fee, and that there is no indication that a replacement of high enough quality is being brought in.

The only hope is that the announcement of Leo's departure is being delayed to wait for the announcement of a new striker ( not O'Grady ) coming in.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not unhappy at all (despite what people have made up in their heads) but I am WORRIED about the fact that we are missing 4 to 5 first team regulars with more than half of the preseason training done and dusted.

I am also wondering how many of those proclaiming BEDWETTERS will be the same people calling for Samis head when we get off to a slow start due to the lack of team cohesion, regardless of what sort of quality we bring in.

Unhappy? Not one bit, Sami in, Burke in, Bloom in, Barber in.

Worried? Absolutely.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I couldn't give a flying f if some of these "fans" vote with their feet.
The bed wetting on here is beyond belief. We're Brighton FFS not AC cocking Milan!

Makes me think that some on here haven't supported the club that long. Go back to your armchair & subscribe to Sky or BT Sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here