Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are unhappy with the club right now. Why?

Why is this club crap?

• I know FOR A FACT that we're not doing enough behind the scenes to sign new players

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that the money from Ulloa won't get reinvested into the team

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we're not trying to sign anyone else other than O'Grady

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Burke doesn't know what he's doing, I watch him do his job every day

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I know FOR A FACT that we won't be as good as we were last season

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Reaching the playoffs two seasons in a row is unacceptable because we lost

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't care if we wait until the end of the window to get good deals. I want players NOW!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Tony Bloom is a tight arse. £150m isn't enough

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I should go an support Crystal Palace

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Hodor

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's the slow but sure erosion of quality in the squad that concerns me. We're nowadays expected to rejoice if we balance the FFP books FFS.
So over time we pick up youth team rejects and alike and end up selling them at a profit. We pick up yoth team rejects and ........................

The quality of the squad some six weeks from the start of the season is lacking. However a good nucleus and with money to spend. There's truly nothing to be worried about. Honestly we are probably in the best position we've been in for decades.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So over time we pick up youth team rejects and alike and end up selling them at a profit. We pick up yoth team rejects and ........................

The quality of the squad some six weeks from the start of the season is lacking. However a good nucleus and with money to spend. There's truly nothing to be worried about. Honestly we are probably in the best position we've been in for decades.

Sorry, have to disagree there. We were in a better position player-wise at the start of last season. And in a still better position player-wise at the start of the season before that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry, have to disagree there. We were in a better position player-wise at the start of last season. And in a still better position player-wise at the start of the season before that.
Last season we had the negatives from the previous season and also didn't sign anyone who massively improved the squad.

The season before that Ego had just released Murray. Huge huge error.

This year good squad, a fit CMS sizable chunk of dosh and a manager , I believe, with a better intention of not boring the tits off me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Last season we had the negatives from the previous season and also didn't sign anyone who massively improved the squad.

This year good squad, a fit CMS sizable chunk of dosh and a manager , I believe, with a better intention of not boring the tits off me.

I think I'm correct in saying that Murray was not "released". He was out of contract and we didn't offer him as much as Palace were prepared to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When Crofts and Stephens are fit we will have a very good midfield.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think I'm correct in saying that Murray was not "released". He was out of contract and we didn't offer him as much as Palace were prepared to.

Is the right answer......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

You missed a season: the season before last was when we started the season with Bridge and Kuschak newly signed, and then signed Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Jobbie on the last day of the summer window. Ulloa and Upson came along 5 months later.

I actually think that, with 6 weeks still to go in the window, we currently have a stronger squad than that which started the 12/13 season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You missed a season: the season before last was when we started the season with Bridge and Kuschak newly signed, and then signed Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Jobbie on the last day of the summer window. Ulloa and Upson came along 5 months later.

I actually think that, with 6 weeks still to go in the window, we currently have a stronger squad than that which started the 12/13 season.
Sorry I was in the shower

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

For those that want to check... Of our 18 against Hull City two years ago...
8 are still at the club (bruno, greer, crofts, cms who were in the starting 11, and Ank, KLL, Calde and Dunk on the bench.)
of the other 10, 5 , who we sold, - El Abd, dicker, harley, painter, adgenstein play in L1 or lower leagues.
Bridcutt, Noone and Barnes are not regular Prem League players.
Bridge has retired and afaik Kus doesn’t currently have a club.

Of a possible 18 for Sheff Weds (assuming no new players) it could like this... and remember its 3 weeks to go so Lingard, Ward, A keeper, etc are all being floated then...
Ank
Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Chicksen
Crofts, Agustien, Toko
Buckley, CMS, O Grady

Walton, Calderon, Dunk, Ince, March, JFC, KLL

(NB: no place for the injured Stephens who looks likely to be unavailable for several months yet....
and Buckley and Hoskins were both injured in 2012. CMS, incidentally missed all of pre-season in 2012 too as he was injured.)

stronger ? weaker 18 ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For those that want to check... Of our 18 against Hull City two years ago...
8 are still at the club (bruno, greer, crofts, cms who were in the starting 11, and Ank, KLL, Calde and Dunk on the bench.)
of the other 10, 5 , who we sold, - El Abd, dicker, harley, painter, adgenstein play in L1 or lower leagues.
Bridcutt, Noone and Barnes are not regular Prem League players.
Bridge has retired and afaik Kus doesn’t currently have a club.

Of a possible 18 for Sheff Weds (assuming no new players) it could like this... and remember its 3 weeks to go so Lingard, Ward, A keeper, etc are all being floated then...
Ank
Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Chicksen
Crofts, Agustien, Toko
Buckley, CMS, O Grady

Walton, Calderon, Dunk, Ince, March, JFC, KLL

(NB: no place for the injured Stephens who looks likely to be unavailable for several months yet....
and Buckley and Hoskins were both injured in 2012. CMS, incidentally missed all of pre-season in 2012 too as he was injured.)

stronger ? weaker 18 ?

Probably weaker starting 11 due to Ankers and Chicksen not being as good as TK and Bridge. Stronger and more depth in the current 18 now though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably weaker starting 11 due to Ankers and Chicksen not being as good as TK and Bridge. Stronger and more depth in the current 18 now though.

Assuming 3-4 signings in next 3 weeks then could look as strong...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here