Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF we play 1 up front sunday

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I was more talking about crosses into the box from the edge of the pitch a third of the way into their half. A complete waste of time. Crosses have to be made further up the pitch, closer to the box or not made at all as it just gives possession away and gives them a chance to attack. Keep the ball, make the ball move, create an angle to shoot, win a foul or cross with purpose from a dangerous position so that players will make a run into the box.

Not sure what matches you have been watching but all i ever see is the wingers wanting to get to the byline to cross, never an early ball into the box. The CMS cross on Sunday was the 1st time a ball has been crossed in from a sensible postion in a long time and we happened to have a striker in the box to finish off.

The problem is Ulloa is dropping to deep and as a lone target man he should be leading the line which at present he is not.

In my eyes its quiet simple for sunday, Ulloa needs to go onto the Bench and CMS start, he will knacker the Derby defence, chase all game long and if we need to resort to hoofing it for the last 15 minuted what better option is there than to bring Ulloa of the bench to support CMS.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Vardy, Taylor Flecther. Phillips. Who ever they play they start with 2 up top!

Sturidge and Suarez also play up top, name me a game when either operated as wingers?

We need to be a bit braver in the 2nd leg without being gung ho. Quiet simple really.

tamworthram

May 5, 2014
I'm pretty sure if it's 0-0 with 15mins left derby fans will be more than happy and certainly not twitchy IMO.

I think you're very wrong. If it's still 0:0 with 15 minutes remaining you'll see 30,000 very nervous Derby fans and we'll probably start whistling with 5 minutes to go.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I question some peoples posts on here. We have the best away record atound pretty much and out the blue we should suddenly change tact and go all guns blazing at a team who clearly are set up to counter attack at pace. Sounds like suicide to me. Final 20 mins throw the kitchen sink at them and if we get caught out so be it but lets at least give ourself the opportunity to still be in the game at that time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I question some peoples posts on here. We have the best away record atound pretty much and out the blue we should suddenly change tact and go all guns blazing at a team who clearly are set up to counter attack at pace. Sounds like suicide to me. Final 20 mins throw the kitchen sink at them and if we get caught out so be it but lets at least give ourself the opportunity to still be in the game at that time.

That is exactly right, if we go in at halftime losing 1- 0 the game is effectively over for us.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011

Clearly been playing football manager to much i think.

With 1 up top we need to commit players to support Ulloa, this creates space and allows Derby to counter attack. By simply playing with 2 up top and a more balanced approach from the wingers we take the game to Derby, under pressure they will need to bring people back to defend rather than leaving them to exploit space we have left in the middle by over committing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Your forgetting one important thing, they don't need to "come at us". How can they get frustrated? A 0-0 suits them perfectly.

The onus is on us to win the game, so therefore we are the ones who need to go at them. How we do that is down to the management and players

They're at home, they're a young side, they finished well clear of us in the table, and one goal from them will kill the tie off. It will be a big crowd as their fans will be baying for blood, there'll be expected to finish us off. We need to get to 70 minutes at 0-0 having frustrated them, then we have a chance.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
They're at home, they're a young side, they finished well clear of us in the table, and one goal from them will kill the tie off. It will be a big crowd as their fans will be baying for blood, there'll be expected to finish us off. We need to get to 70 minutes at 0-0 having frustrated them, then we have a chance.

I would prefer us to get the early goal, then they have to come at us and we can play our normal defensive game, when we push on chasing we look vulnerable, when we play our normal game we look fairly solid at the back. if we can get the early goal their crowd will get on their back encouraging them to push on, that will work to our advantage.

We need an early goal as the longer the game goes on the more we will have to commit.

If its 0-0 at 70 minutes i will be slipping a cheeky £20 on a 2-0 win for Derby, its just how i see it i am afraid.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The two upfront aficionados are likely to be disappointed and frustrated for the foreseeable future, you are flogging a dead horse. Oscar is not going to change the system to suit you.
No he's not. But never mind suiting us, I just wish he would change the system to suit the players in his squad!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You have highlighted the 2 top teams in the top 2 divisions but that doesnt mean it would work with lesser teams and players. It may but equally it may not so we are best sticking with what we know works for us.
But I'd argue is doesn't work for us. Which is why we are 6th and hanging on to dreams of promotion but a thread, and Burnley are already preparing for their season in the premiership.

The two upfront aficionados are likely to be disappointed and frustrated for the foreseeable future, you are flogging a dead horse. Oscar is not going to change the system to suit you.
When the north stand started chanting for LuaLua in the Yeovil game, within a minute the bench told him to get ready. I reckon the North should chant for 2 up front and see what happens :)

boik

When the north stand started chanting for LuaLua in the Yeovil game, within a minute the bench told him to get ready. I reckon the North should chant for 2 up front and see what happens :)

LuaLua is exciting at times, but he's not the one for Derby. He will either cut in from the left and blast it high and to the right of the goal (60% of the time), or cut in from the left and hit it hard and low where it bounces off a defender and starts a high-speed counter attack. What we need is for someone (and I can't see why KLL couldn't do it from the right if Buckers is injured) who can look up and pull the ball back from the byeline to someone in the space behind where Leo is tying up the defenders. We've scored some great goals that way this season, and I was hoping KLL could learn to do it from the left, but it seems he can't.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
LuaLua is exciting at times, but he's not the one for Derby. He will either cut in from the left and blast it high and to the right of the goal (60% of the time), or cut in from the left and hit it hard and low where it bounces off a defender and starts a high-speed counter attack. What we need is for someone (and I can't see why KLL couldn't do it from the right if Buckers is injured) who can look up and pull the ball back from the byeline to someone in the space behind where Leo is tying up the defenders. We've scored some great goals that way this season, and I was hoping KLL could learn to do it from the left, but it seems he can't.

Lua Luas best games this season are the ones he has started.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sometimes it feels like we've just avoided relegation from some of the comments posted on NSC, not necessarily on this thread btw.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sometimes it feels like we've just avoided relegation from some of the comments posted on NSC, not necessarily on this thread btw.

Icy,i know what you mean,my thread is born out of frustration,and a willingness to either try something new tomorrow and go down fighting or not at all....
History will show we finished 6th a good season no matter what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here