• yes

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • no

Votes: 112 92.6%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am never a fan of sacking managers, however, this is a really sad one as I had great hopes of Sami. About time we had a true and tested ENGLISH manager now..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I would agree I think we must be close to making a change at the helm but then watching TB's interview recently it really does seem he wants him here for the long term. If we get relegated, which is looking increasingly likely, I still have a funny feeling Sammi will be in charge next season.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
TB has backed himself into a corner with his recent interview and will see it as losing face to go back on what he said even to the point of relegation sadly

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What would be the point of sacking someone ahead of the Derby game. A new man, if indeed you already had one, would be in for a baptism of fire.If you had already made your mind up, why not let the game play out knowing a defeat would make your decision look more rational, and give your new man the comfort of an easier first game?The risk with this approach is, of course, that we get an unexpected victory.Just to be clear: I'm hypothesising here.
Because there's not an unlimited amount of games in a season and points available, so writing off games that haven't happened yet when you are in the situation we are in seems like a dangerous and overly fatalistic thing to do. Because new managers, or the sacking of a manager sometimes has an immediate effect. Because Derby are not infallible or unstoppable, but it would essentially be a free game as no one would criticise a new manager overly (or care about a caretaker) if we lost.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully McDermott, Hughton, even Sherwood, are ready to take charge on Sunday.

Unless we hold out for Pearson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here