• yes

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • no

Votes: 112 92.6%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloom will be expecting to lose to Derby. No way will it cause him to pull the trigger. Strongly suspect that won't happen until we're overtaken by Blackpool. Even then, who knows? I wouldn't put any money on it. Football betting is a funny thing...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unless we get thumped tomorrow? Then perhaps the trigger will be pulled :shrug:

Reckon if he's going to do it at all this season, it'll be after the Millwall game. Just enough time to get a (big bucks) Emergency Rescue manager in place for the January transfer window in time to get (big bucks) Emergency Rescue players in place. Assuming TB deems the situation as serious as the rest of us do :shrug:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If Bloom is going to sack Hyppia he will have to do it soon.
It's getting time for Bloom to disappear to Oz until the January Transfer window has shut (and he returns)....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Defeat tomorrow won't change anything in my view. Hyypia will be in charge come Millwall (unless he just walks)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What would be the point of sacking someone ahead of the Derby game. A new man, if indeed you already had one, would be in for a baptism of fire.If you had already made your mind up, why not let the game play out knowing a defeat would make your decision look more rational, and give your new man the comfort of an easier first game?The risk with this approach is, of course, that we get an unexpected victory.Just to be clear: I'm hypothesising here.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
if we lose tomorrow, you'll take away the biggest part of me, ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Brighton please don't lose. We've gone to far to let it slip away. How can you end it all this way ay ay ay!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not the question OP asked tho eh?

I wasn't attempting to answer it. I was countering these views:

No. Purely on the basis that as he hasn't sacked him yet, I can't see how losing tomorrow will make any difference.

No... but only because I don't believe that losing tomorrow will come as a shock to Tony.

I really don't think so - losing away to the league leaders is hardly unexpected for any team in the division.

I doubt he'll go after a game that we're (on paper) likely to not get much from...if we're winning comfortably and somehow balls it up then there's a chance, but the likelihood will be losing to Millwall. If not...then Lord knows.

Only if we get slaughtered by 5+ goals. There is no disgrace losing to Derby at their place by the odd goal.

If he was going to go he would be gone by now, this won't be the result that tips the balance.

Bloom will be expecting to lose to Derby. No way will it cause him to pull the trigger.

Defeat tomorrow won't change anything in my view. Hyypia will be in charge come Millwall (unless he just walks)

...and presenting a scenario that matches this...

no i dont think bloom will sack him unless we have someone ready to come in to replace hyypia and jones

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is fireproof until after the Millwall/Wolves games. If we only get a point or nothing from those he will be toast on mon 20th Dec.

Frankly he is only safe this weekend as we have so little chance anyway.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I said about three weeks ago that the Millwall game would be pivotal.

Lose tomorrow, and fail to win next Friday, and he will surely go.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'll put it more simply for you. There is a third option that is not provided for in the poll:

Bloom has already decided to sack Hyypia and will do so after the Derby fixture (but not because of it).

Hope this helps :insert sarcy smiley here:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll put it more simply for you. There is a third option that is not provided for in the poll:

Bloom has already decided to sack Hyypia and will do so after the Derby fixture (but not because of it).

Hope this helps :insert sarcy smiley here:

I'm sure that there are examples of a manager being sacked after a win. Which club was it that the chairman said something like 'I won't sack him even if he loses every game between and the end of the season', and was then sacked after the team won.

My money is on Tony Bloom already having tapped someone up as a possible replacement.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Personally, I think he has five games left. In effect, to the year end ( Fulham away 29/12 ). We then have a mini break ( FAC3 ) until we play Charlton on 10/01. Ideal time to effect a change.
Unless of course we suddenly pick up enough points for a re-think ( would suggest it would need to be 8 pts and at present, that looks unlikely )

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally, I think he has five games left. In effect, to the year end ( Fulham away 29/12 ). We then have a mini break ( FAC3 ) until we play Charlton on 10/01. Ideal time to effect a change.
Unless of course we suddenly pick up enough points for a re-think ( would suggest it would need to be 8 pts and at present, that looks unlikely )

Completely agree. This season is all about avoiding relegation now - aside from that, it's a total write-off. Therefore, what difference does it make whether he's sacked now or in 3 weeks time? I think half a season is plenty, but we need to go on a winning run if he's to save his job or he'll be making a sideways move to somewhere like Swindon Town in the new year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here