Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we have money to spend in Jan where do we need to strengthen and why?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Never mind all this player rubbish.

How about some nice cladding?

This why all this talk of new players when cladding will take us to the promised land, I could never put my finger on it but now I see what the Amex has been lacking and it's a good dose of quality cladding.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We don't have money to spend in January. What we do have is a load of players coming back from injury and decent cover in every positin, so what would be the point of signing more to sit on the bench anyway?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A quality deputy for Kuszcak.

He has been pivotal for us since joining, God forbid should he pick up an injury at anytime I'm afraid Casper and Pete simply aren't championship quality IMO.

For me January is more about keeping players rather than brining players in. I'm praying for a quiet transfer window.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A quality deputy for Kuszcak.

He has been pivotal for us since joining, God forbid should he pick up an injury at anytime I'm afraid Casper and Pete simply aren't championship quality IMO.

For me January is more about keeping players rather than brining players in. I'm praying for a quiet transfer window.

A championship quality keeper isn't going to sign for a championship team in the knowledge that he'll possibly not play a game all season. TK missed 2 games last year; Casper and Brezovan aren't as good as he is, but they're good enough for 2 games a season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Centre Back.

That's all

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A championship quality keeper isn't going to sign for a championship team in the knowledge that he'll possibly not play a game all season. TK missed 2 games last year; Casper and Brezovan aren't as good as he is, but they're good enough for 2 games a season.

Think you miss my point..... I'm saying we need an able replacement on the bench, Casper and Peter aren't getting any younger and aren't up to the required standard, should god forsake Kuszczak get injured. We need to be looking ahead also and bring in a young keeper with the potential to be a Championship quality replacement for Kuszczak and learn and improve training day in day out with our big pole. In my opinion we don't have that in the club at the moment so would love to see a youngster with potential bought in.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm tempted to say a centre back, however I still have a suspicion the man mountain that is Rohan Ince could well prosper in that position still.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Think you miss my point..... I'm saying we need an able replacement on the bench, Casper and Peter aren't getting any younger and aren't up to the required standard, should god forsake Kuszczak get injured. We need to be looking ahead also and bring in a young keeper with the potential to be a Championship quality replacement for Kuszczak and learn and improve training day in day out with our big pole. In my opinion we don't have that in the club at the moment so would love to see a youngster with potential bought in.

I thought we paid good money to Argyle for a really promising young goalie... what happened to him?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If we have money available I reckon we need to ensure that our current players are sufficiently paid and tied to contract, that they are not tempted elsewhere. Ward for instance would be a good acquisition and Barnes is currently showing that we were well wise to turn down Burnley's £500k offer. His position is very sensitive, he could well move on in the summer, being out of contract. I suggest a few supporters might consider some flattery towards him !!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A left back. Please.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would like to see Oscar dig into his little old list of Barca B wannabes who weren't selected but have just started to make a name for themselves in the lower echelons of the Spanish leagues. They'd have the option of moving up to the Spanish second division to play silky football in front of a few thousand for about a grand a week, or show some moneygrabbing ambition and cross an ocean to have the chance when called upon to rest on the bench and for moments run onto the pitch to pass and move us for a flash of victory.
Overall, some young players. We need those who learn quickly and haven't built themselves up so hugely as to ignore orders.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We would need to move some out if we want to bring others in. If you count our wingers as wide midfielders we have 11 midfielders at the moment. Some people seem to think we have money to burn. Can't see anybody coming in unless we ship some out.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Striker. Still. Lita is temporary, Barnes is decent, and I'm not holing my breath for CMS to be great after an 8 month injury. Ulloa isn't enough for a team seriously trying for promotion.

Either that or a right back. Whether you're in the Bruno or Calde camp, we all know they both tend to struggle against the top wingers.

Ulloa isn't enough? Obvious armchair fan here that never watches a game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We should spend it all on doctors

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasnt OG said that he and his staff are looking for a central defender with pace so I would assume that is being addressed but will probably not happen in the January window, I wouldnt think, as clubs tend to charge top whack for players in January knowing the buyers are desperate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here