If we get to Wembley...........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Nonsense.

42,000 in 1991 when we had 18,000 gates.
32,000 in Cardiff when we had 6,000 gates.

We will sell out very quickly.

your about 10000 out on the 1991 average, more like 8 - 9 thousand so 40 odd thousand is even more impresive

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I was going by the end of the season as momentum picked up ... Ipswich and Millwall games.

Even so I don't think the glory boys that turned up at the end of the season pushed attendances up by more than 2 - 3 thousand. Wasn't the capacity down to 18,00 by then anyway?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even so I don't think the glory boys that turned up at the end of the season pushed attendances up by more than 2 - 3 thousand. Wasn't the capacity down to 18,00 by then anyway?

Millwall game 15,390
42,000 Brighton at Wembley.

Even more so, emphasises the potential this time around for a Wembley trip, with 25,000 regulars now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nonsense.

42,000 in 1991 when we had 18,000 gates.
32,000 in Cardiff when we had 6,000 gates.

We will sell out very quickly.

The 32k is even more impressive when you factor in the fact that there wasn't the allure of Wembley, and that it was a third tier playoff match to get back to a division we'd only left the year before. I couldn't even be arsed to go, so underwhelmed was I by the whole thing, and I know several others who felt similarly.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Millwall game 15,390
42,000 Brighton at Wembley.

Even more so, emphasises the potential this time around for a Wembley trip, with 25,000 regulars now.[/QUOTE

I don't doubt we could sell 40 - 50 thousand, I just hope we get the opportunity to do it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good post. But the arrogant palace on here say they are 'likely' to get automaic promotion. Would be the funniest thing if they finished below 6th :lolol:
They would still say they were the top dogs this season because they beat us 3-0 at Smellhurst even when we finish above them with more points.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The 32k is even more impressive when you factor in the fact that there wasn't the allure of Wembley, and that it was a third tier playoff match to get back to a division we'd only left the year before. I couldn't even be arsed to go, so underwhelmed was I by the whole thing, and I know several others who felt similarly.

I think that was a bad decision Cheeky. That was the day, when after so many bad years, I finally had my hope restored. All the Prescott posters etc and more than 30000 Albion fans in one place. I realised that we could be 'big' once again.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Did cross my mind.

Thing is, we always get Saturday exams, and likewise i'm fairly sure that they've scheduled some on bank holidays before because of the sheer number of students they've got to get through. Hoping I'm wrong. Ideally I finish before then, should we make it. :cheers::cheers:
Go to the game there are no jobs out there anyway. Sorted.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
That's alright if you can get the time off but I won't be able to unless someone will swop. Unfortunately calling in sick would be a bit obvious as my boss would know quite well where I was and I'm not sure it is worth ending up on a disaplinary for. Hopefully someone will be keen to get the bank holiday money and will swop.

Go off with stress and you only went to the match to help with your rehabilitation and stress relief SORTED.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
On the subject of Palace and their form, whilst they are virtually unbeatable at home, they have gone 10 games without a win (in all competitions) away from home, picking up just 4 points since early November... Just saying

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I remember Newcastle v Sunderland in one of the early pre-Wembley play offs when the finals were two legs. Not sure if it was a final or semi though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports