Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we can't selllout Palace at home...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, desperate is the way you may see it, could be seen as proactive by others.

Do bear in mind, we've not had an all ticketed home game, with this many tickets to sell since, well, ever, probably. The club have done pretty,well to have found an extra 20,000 fans to buy tickets in the last 18 months, now their challenge is to find a further 5k, I think they've done pretty well so far.

No other club in the entire country has been as successful on that front in a long time. Perhaps you could suggest some ways you think they could achieve more sales, if you believe them to be low at the moment.

What about the Huddersfield game 10 games ago?

I don't disagree with the comments about pro-active marketing and that our increase in crowds has been great, but it's surely got to be a worry when we're struggling to shift tickets for the big one. Very concerned by how this is going to go if we're putting the prices up for next year. And if it's a doddle to buy match by match tickets because we're not selling out, there's less demand for Season Tickets. Just look what happened when the capacity increased at Withdean...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The club advertise tickets for sale with 6 days to go and they're 'begging'. Amazing logic.

WW: what an absolute Google. :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odd, because if you go on the ticket sales its clearly sold out. so, because some automated email goes out (has it? i havent had one myself) its presumed to not have sold out. anyway, please do one because you are most tedious negative poster here (quite an acheivement).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the e-mails, tweets and Facebook updates recently, it's fair to say they're still available, it's almost as if they're desperate to sell
Ok I'll play.

Paul Barber-out has felt, right from day one, the club has been terrible in getting the message out that games aren't sold out.

The impression around Sussex is that Albion tickets are akin to hens teeth, with impossible travel restrictions.

Why would the club not be desperate to sell tickets?
I'm sure Barber-out is pleased the message is getting out.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It's not just advertising, it's practically begging.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BHAFC">#BHAFC</a> v Palace game is less than a week away and tickets are still available. RT if you have your ticket! <a href="http://t.co/xIgkDA3V0q" title="http://www.seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx">seagulls.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Pr…</a></p>— BHAFC (@OfficialBHAFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/311073259120627712">March 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This isn't just any league game. This is our biggest one by an absolute MILE.

That's called social media marketing, not begging. Y'know, the worst thing about you is you're not stupid. The way you go off the charts when we're winning and as soon as we lose a game you're back, predictable as night following day; if you were stupid, those posts would have an imbecilic charm about them. But in fact you're just a sad, bitter little man who gets his tugs by being negative from behind a computer screen. Literally any excuse will do. You'd moan the sky was the wrong shade of blue if it got you half a dozen post quotes on NSC. Cheer up, grow up, man up, shut up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A literally identical situation. :facepalm:

Well, BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION HOME TICKETS became easier to buy, and as a result the number of season tickets dwindled on a rather significant scale.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that may just be relevant now we've upped our capacity to 8000 more than our first season at The Amex...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm going for 27,767 and a performance like that versus Pompey in 1993 in the FA CUP

Against all the odds,i have even allowed for a catastrophic freak training ground accident this Friday that sees both PIG and UPSON ruled out due to clattering each other and the final "coming of age" of the Amex in terms of atmosphere,as the faithful finally see the significance of the fixture and belt out an "NON STOP BARRAGE OF NOISE FOR 90 MINUTES" (oh but we can't sing that,it sounds crap etc blah blah blah some say) and see that its all about noise noise noise-

Palace for all there bravado stroll in to town,expecting to walk away with points,and our ladies,but we show fight,passion,desire on and off the pitch,in the sea,on the sea,on the beaches,on the pier,under the pier (even the down and outs join in) in the gardens of sussex and south surrey too and beyond,the collective will to win shines through,Palace are taken aback,(it's at this stage i wish they would have a man sent off) But THAT WOULD GIVE THEM AN EXCUSE.

They are shocked,dazed confused but the onslaught (i never knew they had it in them they cry) we continue,to chase harry,harrass their every move,until the Blue and White tide breeches there defences..........Charge forward don't stop,keep going and we do,we remember they went 42 years without a league win in Sussex and yet they have won here on the last 2 occasions,damn,we are not letting them have a 3rd.

A historic win is achieved,by half time as the Albion coast against all odds into a 3-0 lead,the Palace are humiliated at full time by 5 clear goals,who would have thought it,and we get to see their FIRE DRILL too.

We get to sing those all time classic's

WE CAN SEE YOU SNEAKING OUT & BYE BYE PALACE, PALACE BYE BY

Palace will recover,and the damage to the South seats and resultant bill did not tip them into admin again.

They respected us again,for giving them a bloody nose and a few black eyes on the pitch.

We were true rivals again,without the violence,and the fixture was re born.

Faith is restored to Brighton,NSC,Sussex and beyond,Dads go to work with a smile on their faces,wives get to spend at the shops,girfriends and boyfriends have baby's every body is happy,this creates a feel good factor,and boosts the economy,we pull out of recession as jobs are created,and so the spiral goes on,the rain forests are saved,global warming ended and it all started at Brighton,why?

Because we finally awoke from our slumber and realised the importance of the day and we seized it.
UP THE ALBION

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
...then what hope is there next year? An extra £50 on the price of a season ticket under Barber, more frustrating and ineffective football from Gus. Are more fans going to actually turn up?

We can't sell-out our biggest game of the season, and that's with a ridiculous 2500 seats unsold for segregation.

After all our suppers abuse of the crowds at Sellhurst Park, this fixture is a total embarrassment. And that's before they've played us off the pitch!

Its only a football match!!! Cheer up.

Cakey86

Oct 1, 2012
...then what hope is there next year? An extra £50 on the price of a season ticket under Barber, more frustrating and ineffective football from Gus. Are more fans going to actually turn up?

We can't sell-out our biggest game of the season, and that's with a ridiculous 2500 seats unsold for segregation.

After all our suppers abuse of the crowds at Sellhurst Park, this fixture is a total embarrassment. And that's before they've played us off the pitch!

North east corner all gone and less than 100 left in the north west! Hardly struggling really and as already said with a midday kick off on a Sunday! 8,000 more than were at shithurst so think you need to start being more positive!
Palace are nothing special and are beatable as much as anyone in this division so less of the rubbish threads and get behind the lads:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here