• Tory

Votes: 73 21.2%
  • other

Votes: 25 7.2%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The tradition is to leave a handover note with some helpful advice for your successor.
A similar message was left by a previous Tory to Labour Treasury Secretary of "Good luck mate.. Sorry to leave it all in such a mess".

I

A pedant writes ... The note that Maudling left said "Good luck cock ...". The use of cock as a greeting seems to have fallen out of fashion. I can't think why

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd vote Tory. Fundamentally they are the only party that have ever shown they are capable of running the economy. Sadly everything else flows from this. If the economy goes down the pan it is the poorest who suffer most, so ironically for me a vote for Tory is a vote to look after the vulnerable. The support this Government has given through the pandemic is the most any Government has ever given and they went way beyond the level of support I ever thought a Tory Government would go to through furlough etc. They have to be given credit for that regardless of whether Boris has been out partying into the night every night. They've got the big stuff right and that's what matters to people's lives. But to clear I get the anger, but fundamentally I think labour would make a worse job, so until there is a credible opposition I'm sticking with the Tories. Get Andy Burnham in as Labour leader and I might change my mind.

That's exactly how I feel.
:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m genuinely curious to hear why people would willingly still vote Tory after the absolute shit show that we’ve witnessed over the last few years.

I don't think Labour are ready to step into an ongoing pandemic crisis. I am never voting Lib Dem again after what Clegg did with my student debt, his lies and power grab. The Greens have consistently shown they aren't fit to run a council, let alone government.

No other choice but to vote for a very poor Tory party.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A Francophile eh :rolleyes:

I had an electricity salesman come to the door many years ago who asked who I was with. I told him it was EDF and he look horrified, waited a beat and then said "You do know they are French, don't you?"

Was door to door sales what Farage used to do?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I had an electricity salesman come to the door many years ago who asked who I was with. I told him it was EDF and he look horrified, waited a beat and then said "You do know they are French, don't you?"

Was door to door sales what Farage used to do?

Not a bad pitch, though. Quite smart when you think about it. He only needs to meet one in ten with an active dislike of the French and he has a warm lead, without even mentioning his product. Bet he did quite well off that gimmick.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think Labour are ready to step into an ongoing pandemic crisis. I am never voting Lib Dem again after what Clegg did with my student debt, his lies and power grab. The Greens have consistently shown they aren't fit to run a council, let alone government.

This is exactly why the country is so ****ed up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd vote Tory. Fundamentally they are the only party that have ever shown they are capable of running the economy. Sadly everything else flows from this. If the economy goes down the pan it is the poorest who suffer most, so ironically for me a vote for Tory is a vote to look after the vulnerable. The support this Government has given through the pandemic is the most any Government has ever given and they went way beyond the level of support I ever thought a Tory Government would go to through furlough etc. They have to be given credit for that regardless of whether Boris has been out partying into the night every night. They've got the big stuff right and that's what matters to people's lives. But to clear I get the anger, but fundamentally I think labour would make a worse job, so until there is a credible opposition I'm sticking with the Tories. Get Andy Burnham in as Labour leader and I might change my mind.
That's exactly how I feel.
:thumbsup:

And that is why 'Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite',

I'm sure you'll agree :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

If you think the Tory party are "very poor" then isn't it worth the risk to vote Labour to see is they ARE ready to step into an ongoing pandemic crisis? They couldn't have got Track and Trace or PPE any more wrong than the Tories, who have consistently disregarded their own advice and alienated the vast majority of the country.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

While I completely sympathise with your view on Clegg, I felt the same way - don't you have the same opinion about the Tories, who were the ones who actually came up with the tuition fee changes and implemented them? Surely that's even worse - the Lib Dems made a huge mistake by selling out on their key manifesto pledge, but it was without doubt a Tory policy.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
If you think the Tory party are "very poor" then isn't it worth the risk to vote Labour to see is they ARE ready to step into an ongoing pandemic crisis? They couldn't have got Track and Trace or PPE any more wrong than the Tories, who have consistently disregarded their own advice and alienated the vast majority of the country.

The trouble with voting labour is they might be able to step into handling an ongoing crisis but it's all the other baggage that they bring. Thankfully the majority of people see this at election time and also thankfully it's not something we need to bother ourselves with for several years.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
While I completely sympathise with your view on Clegg, I felt the same way - don't you have the same opinion about the Tories, who were the ones who actually came up with the tuition fee changes and implemented them? Surely that's even worse - the Lib Dems made a huge mistake by selling out on their key manifesto pledge, but it was without doubt a Tory policy.

I agree with this. It was a monumental betrayal for which the Liberal Democrats were rightly panned in the 2015 Election.

However, they didn't win that Election and Clegg has thankfully long gone......

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What makes you think Nigel “we shouldn’t let foreigners dictate how we control our borders but gets involved in the Australia/ Djokovic dispute, which in and of itself is ironic because he’s spent most of his political career demonising Eastern Europeans” Farage, a man who has consistently failed to become a MP would be a good leader? ???

because he drinks pints and talks straight (out of his arse).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That may stand up during his time in tenure (and I liked Blair) but the spending left the economy very exposed to then what happened in Brown's leadership. Hence the infamous "there is nothing left" note left in number 11.

Wow. That was a joke.

If you believe every joke would you mind transferring me that ten grand you owe me. Cheers!

I was watching a programme on the financial crisis a few weeks ago. Even I had bought the 'Brown is a ****' trope. But in fact it was him that got the world's decision makers together to create some sort of strategy to miligate the worst effects of the crash. Brown.

A mate of mine who lives in the US told me that sub prime lending meant just before the crash folk were being given 120% mortgages. It was madness, and nothing to do with the UK, let alone Labour.

If you want to blame Brown for lack of hindsight, you ought to be wishing death on the mad Johnson. And yet you're not. Yes, confirmation bias. :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Absolutely clueless comment wasn't it, the board is definitely left of centre.

This place gets more like the Guardian comments section every day! To be fair the liberal/left folk on here haven't had much to cheer for the last decade so it comes as no real surprise they are enjoying the current government's implosion.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The trouble with voting labour is they might be able to step into handling an ongoing crisis but it's all the other baggage that they bring. Thankfully the majority of people see this at election time and also thankfully it's not something we need to bother ourselves with for several years.

What's the baggage?

It got me curious so I've just had a little look at the current Labour MPs and over half of them (140) weren't MPs when the last Labour Govt was in power. It's a different crop of people, almost entirely.

Of course people who belong to a party will hold similar ideals to one another in that party but it does seem current Labour are smeared with the deeds of Labour 97-2010.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Any reasonable person would enjoy the implosion of this corrupt, mendacious Government. Soon we may be able to enjoy leadership with some integrity (even if it has to be another Tory one). Let's hope. Cheers!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here