Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the current season is now cancelled....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is the point in just suspending games till April 4th? It won't have even peaked by then...

They know that but they have to do something now, and a long suspension also gives them time to work out a solution (which will take countless meetings and probably be coordinated across UEFA)................what else would you have expected in the space of 24 hours ?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
What is the point in just suspending games till April 4th? It won't have even peaked by then...

Just a holding position. Peak being projected as June-ish with measures required beyond that so the start of next season is looking most realistic as the next time a ball will be kicked.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This stuff may well finish some more old established league football clubs

Loss of gate revenue will be crippling, they have no TV money to rely on

Expect some announcements over the next few days

Indeed.

I would like the local "big Premier League club" to financially support their local smaller club eg - we help out Crawley if necessary (only enough to prevent any potential closure).

Of course, won't happen on so many levels.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Cancelling now would bring about all sorts of wailing and gnashing of teeth (and what do we do with promotion, relegation, European places etc.) In a few weeks' time it's likely the situation will be a bit more clear and a cancellation will have easier acceptance.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Reckon the chances of games restarting then are remote, it will be closer to summer

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I need to remember to cancel the Saturday holidays booked that coincided with home games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with that news, the season is over bar the official announcement.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can see alot of lower league clubs failing to come through this. They will have budgeted on a full season of home games and without that income many will just fold. They are only just surviving as it is. I expect to see far fewer professional clubs whenever football gets back to a 'new normal' and many famous old clubs moving to semi-pro status.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If the season is not completed (difficult to see how it could be) it will be interesting how they handle claims for refunds on missed matches. Current Brighton and Hove Albion advice is season ticket holders cannot and those that purchase tickets for individual games home and away have 7 days from announcement of cancellation/postponement of games to lodge a claim.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the season is not completed (difficult to see how it could be) it will be interesting how they handle claims for refunds on missed matches. Current Brighton and Hove advice is season ticket holders cannot and those that purchase tickets for individual games home and away have 7 days from announcement of cancellation/postponement of games to lodge a claim.

Knock the price of unplayed games off season ticket prices for whenever the next season is.? All pretty irrelevant and unimportant in the grand scheme of things though

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Knock the price of unplayed games off season ticket prices for whenever the next season is.? All pretty irrelevant and unimportant in the grand scheme of things though

Not if you need to buy bog rolls off the black market though!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not if you need to buy bog rolls off the black market though!

Not sure how I wipe my arse is top of my worries at the moment :lolol:

But then I do have a decent supply of bog rolls locked in my safe at the moment :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i hope season ticket holders really dont start on refunds, and reflect that it supports the club. the season was shortened, so average cost per game goes up a few £.

Yeah right.

I will expect a full refund of my ST as I have paid for matches that have been cancelled.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course the unintended consequences is that l***s will not get promoted.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Current Brighton and Hove Albion advice is season ticket holders cannot and those that purchase tickets for individual games home and away have 7 days from announcement of cancellation/postponement of games to lodge a claim.

Source of this please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here