Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the current season is now cancelled....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In Spain, La Liga has a proper constitution which allows for "force majeure". If an accord cannot be reached with the clubs, the league committee can dictate what happens next. They are apparently looking at four scenarios.

1. If Euro 2020 is postponed, continue the league in the summer. It's going to be a hot one!
2. Finish the league after game 27, the last game that everyone has played. Barcelona champions.
3. Finish the league after game 19, the halfway point, when everyone has played each other once. Barcelona champions.
4. Scrap it and start again next season.

There seem to be growing calls that option 3 is preferred as everyone would have played everyone once. In our case that means that Spurs away would be voided and the points against Bournemouth would count!

All these options look okay. 1. because we play better in warm weather, probably. 2. and 3. because either way we weren't in the bottom four. (And Everton away would be voided too?) 4. because we can buy a striker in summer.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The idea that I am entitled to a refund and will therefore get one. Yes, in normal circumstances you would be entitled and would get it.

We ain’t in normal circumstances in case you have not noticed. This is the biggest crisis the world has faced since WW2, and before that the Spanish Flu of 1918. But you think that normal rules undoubtedly still apply..............let’s hope you are correct.

Despite the global crisis at a simple level we are talking about a refund of 9 games which if cancelled will happen as the club is ran professionally and they would do that. In the grand scheme of things i agree it is the least of anyone’s worries I was responding against the assumption that the club would not refund in the face of cancellation.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I really don’t want to have to pick you up on this, but to save one of them doing it, the Nig31s did beat us on the 14/04/2018 [emoji17]

Sorry, I meant at home.

Weill be pleasing to scrub their draw/win from history anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The idea that I am entitled to a refund and will therefore get one. Yes, in normal circumstances you would be entitled and would get it.

We ain’t in normal circumstances in case you have not noticed. This is the biggest crisis the world has faced since WW2, and before that the Spanish Flu of 1918. But you think that normal rules undoubtedly still apply..............let’s hope you are correct.

*deleted duplicate post*

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Out of interest, what are the normal circumstances when 5 matches are cancelled and money refunded ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is the table at the half-way stage (barring the postponed West Ham/Liverpool fixture)

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.07.31.png

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I would just like to be around so I can complain about whether or not I get a refund......

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don't think anyone really wants refunds do they?

Just stop continually taking money, or break over the summer and make it up when we are more certain of when the season will restart

I don’t want a refund hence the emoji at the end of the sentence. I was trying to be funny. :down:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is the table at the half-way stage (barring the postponed West Ham/Liverpool fixture)

View attachment 120980

Wasn't there an odd round of games just before the half way stage though - where we played Spurs for the second time before we had played Bournemouth once? Did all teams have that? In which case, could they remove the 19th games results and replace them with the 'missing' round, so that it reflected all the teams having played each other once? I don't know how that would affect things though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anybody want to buy 2x advance fare rail ticket to Norwich, you have to travel from Battle though, Norwich is nice in April I hear, although you will only be able to stay for around 5 hours.

You will also need a two together railcard.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't there an odd round of games just before the half way stage though - where we played Spurs for the second time before we had played Bournemouth once? Did all teams have that? In which case, could they remove the 19th games results and replace them with the 'missing' round, so that it reflected all the teams having played each other once? I don't know how that would affect things though.

Ah, yes - looks like "Matchday 19" was the reverse of "Matchday 8" which, as you say, meant everyone had played one team twice before they'd played one team for the first time.

Not sure I can be arsed to work this out now!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This stuff may well finish some more old established league football clubs

Loss of gate revenue will be crippling, they have no TV money to rely on

Expect some announcements over the next few days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here