Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spanish Dave did return...

If Spanish Dave returned to the Albion, would it give you a BIG boost?

• YES! :)

Votes: 152 81.7%
  • No :(

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 26 14.0%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am one of those. I am glad he looks likely to return and think he is a good player. But can't get THAT excited about it as it isn't improving our team from last season as such is it? It is just re-signing a player. I am happy he is but the question for the poll referred to a BIG boost.

If it looked CERTAIN that Bridcutt was leaving - to the point that you'd resigned yourself to him going. And then, he came out and unexpectedly changed his mind and decided to stay, would that not give you 'a boost'?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am one of those. I am glad he looks likely to return and think he is a good player. But can't get THAT excited about it as it isn't improving our team from last season as such is it? It is just re-signing a player. I am happy he is but the question for the poll referred to a BIG boost.

A BOOST to you, not the squad.

The potential return of Spanish Dave makes me feel all optimistic and, I'm not afraid to say, a little bit gooey inside.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Gifted player, proven at this level and loves playing for us. What is not to like?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think we can expect announcement in the following order Kemy (who knows why he hasn't been announced yet) > Spanish Dave > An unknown LB > potentially an attacking midfielder.

I would be AMAZED if the left back is 'unknown'. AMAZED.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
what with him contributing a couple of unforgettable Albion moments I was feeling very cosy about him being 'one of us', was a bit sad when he left, would feel a bit happy if he returned .... as posted before similar to when Calde sort of left but came back .... not as PRONOUNCED as my feelings re Calde because he the man :)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I will also just add briefly, if this does happen, as appears to be likely, then well done to all parties for making it so. No doubt at all in my mind that he could have gone elsewhere for more money so gracias to Bloom/Barber/Dave and even his agent, the leech. :wink:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If it looked CERTAIN that Bridcutt was leaving - to the point that you'd resigned yourself to him going. And then, he came out and unexpectedly changed his mind and decided to stay, would that not give you 'a boost'?

Yes. But he is probably the best midfield player in his position in the division and our best player by far for the last two seasons.

And as I said, the question asked if it gave us a BIG boost. As pleased as I am Lopez looks likely to stay - and I am - I wouldn't describe it as a big boost. Just a nice, timely, lift.

If the question had been "Are you happy to see Lopez stay?" I think almost everyone would have said yes.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Great news if he does come back. After a slow start was player of the season for me. Influential, skillful, smart and bloody reliable from set pieces now. And I understand he loves it here - so relatively risk free acquisition.

Those who didn't hit "yes" - consider this. If he had gone to Watford or Leicester or Leeds how would you feel? I'd feel like they'd just signed a potent weapon and I know NSC would have gone into melt down. He's a great signing whichever way you look at it.

All of this.
Brilliant at free kicks and pens and would have been gutted if we'd lost him to another champ team.
Welcome home Dave, now it's onward and upward from here

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think someone needs to post that free-kick animated gif edit thing to remind people just what sort of player we are talking about here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think someone needs to post that free-kick animated gif edit thing to remind people just what sort of player we are talking about here.
And of course, plenty more excuses to bounce the "what does he do?" thread over the course of the season.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'd be we'll happy, quality player, great attitude and has great experience.

Re lb, attacking midfielder and striker as alluded to by Andy Naylor, I would imagine these WILL cost cash and will come from Espana?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here