Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spanish Dave did return...

If Spanish Dave returned to the Albion, would it give you a BIG boost?

• YES! :)

Votes: 152 81.7%
  • No :(

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 26 14.0%

• Total voters

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
would also mean we could get Orlandi back out on the left side, we miss his delivery from the left badly.

Im sure Ulloa wants him back out there too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i'd be confused...offer a one year contract....withdraw it...offer another...how long would that be for 6 months??...anyway modestly boosted...orlandi seems to play better with davido in the side imho

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would give me a pretty big boost, but not massively so.

We really don't have anyone else at the moment who is as good at set-pieces as Dave. So I would be reasonably boosted.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be chuffed. A really strong member of a squad with a great combination of touch and determination. Be ideal if he was quicker and more gazellian, but i'm happy with the person he is and the fact that he knows what to do with us. I would also be pleased with the fact i wouldn't have to buy an alternative freak-faced iPhone casing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this means the confidence is seeping back another piece of the jigsaw and a damn good piece too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope the people who voted both "No" and "Meh" don't mind if I adjust their votes to "Yes" as they seem to have selected the wrong option.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I voted "Meh" as I wouldn't be THAT excited etc. Will be glad if he does return but as far as giving our squad a boost it doesn't really, just puts it back to where it was a few weeks back. Not the same impact as signing a new player.

Lopez is a player I really like and I would much rather have him in our squad than not, but it isn't actually improving our squad from the starting point of last season when he was in it and we all expected him to be staying.

Now signing Upson full time rather than on loan was different. That has given me a boost.

Its nothing against Spanish Dave, who I think is great.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I voted "Meh" as I wouldn't be THAT excited etc. Will be glad if he does return but as far as giving our squad a boost it doesn't really, just puts it back to where it was a couple of weeks back. Not the same impact as signing a new player.

Exactly. All that's happened is that Spanish Dave has missed out on training with the squad and new coach, and we've saved a few weeks' wages.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds 0-3 Albion Spanish Dave: 3, 7, 89 Att: 24,088

That would give me a BIG boost. And probably a SEMI.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What are 13 of you on? He's a championship genius .

I am one of those. I am glad he looks likely to return and think he is a good player. But can't get THAT excited about it as it isn't improving our team from last season as such is it? It is just re-signing a player. I am happy he is but the question for the poll referred to a BIG boost.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On a slightly different point, can we start a petition for him to have "Dave" on the back of his shirt instead of "David"?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent if this happens, I like him

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great news if he does come back. After a slow start was player of the season for me. Influential, skillful, smart and bloody reliable from set pieces now. And I understand he loves it here - so relatively risk free acquisition.

Those who didn't hit "yes" - consider this. If he had gone to Watford or Leicester or Leeds how would you feel? I'd feel like they'd just signed a potent weapon and I know NSC would have gone into melt down. He's a great signing whichever way you look at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here