Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If (or rather when) Bissouma moves - who will replace him in the starting eleven?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I can't see us bringing anyone from outside to replace either Biss or White if they go.
Potter will be tasked, and I believe will enjoy, coaching the available talent in the squad to repalce them.
As another poster has already said, if we lose Biss, then I think Gross is out of the team too.
Personally I believe that Moder and Caicedo will replace them.

If we get upwards of 70 mill for Biss and White, the I think it is more likely that Uncle Tony might have a flutter on an additional striker.

Given that it is not my money to spend, in Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter we trust.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Moises is I suspect the player being lined up as a replacement but I’m not sure if this summer is the best time for a sale. Rest assured Tony will play his hand well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d expect Caceido to be the heir to Bissouma’s position, but until Potter is ready to give him the keys to the midfield I think Moder will play there, he’s a big strong energetic player who could comfortably cover box to box duties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Caceido has been lined up as Moder's replacement, this time next year.

Be still my beating heart.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises is lauded as one of the most exciting young South American talents in years. No offence to others but he’s a huge level above the likes of Molumby and Proper. If we can’t take a punt on him stepping up into the first team I don’t know who can.

I absolutely expect him to be involved in pre season and to be blended into the match day squad next season regardless if Biss stays or go’s.

Moder has acquitted himself very well in his brief appearances this season. And I’d have no qualms starting him in midfield either.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we stay with 3-4-3 then I think the Bissouma role would be spred out between various players.

Moder has been given a lot of game time in various positions since joining. That suggests to me that he's a big part of Potter's plans for next season. I think he'd play in there in games against weaker, more defensive teams.

I've been impressed by White's performances in midfield so I suspect he might get the nod for the games where we need a defensive shield in front of the back three.

I think we might play 3-5-2 a bit more often too.

I don't think Caceido will be ready next season. From the two times I've seen him play for the U-23's he's looked like a player with plenty of potential but still raw. I'm sure he'll get some game time throughout the year but I reckon it'll be 22/23 before he becomes a regular.

Hopefully it's all a moot point and Bissouma is still with us next season.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
How about Caicedo and Moder in the middle with Lallana playing in front of them. No team would be physically able to boss us with those two there. We'd have a lot of height as well from set pieces with our three centre backs and these two.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After Wolves I expect the Asset of Bisosuma to be protected with Moder starting a few games

I've also been thinking this.
With Premier League safety very close to being confirmed, the thought of a potential £50m asset getting an ACL injury doesn't bear thinking about.
The fact that Bissouma is so competitive makes it slightly surprising that he's had so few injuries whilst with us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bissouma must win player of the season.

Bissouma will probably be sold in the summer if we get the right offer. Moder will replace him in the short term and Moises Caicedo will be gently broken in as the long term replacement. Propper will move on. Probably.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't think he goes this summer. No team will stump up what we'd want for him atm, imo.

Granted, he was excellent against Leeds, but he does need to improve his descision making before being a top, top player.

So to answer the op's question, his replacement probably isn't at the club yet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think he goes this summer. No team will stump up what we'd want for him atm, imo.

I’m not quite so sure.

There are a number of folk who have made themselves richer during this pandemic, if the teams they own want Biss and compete with each other to get him, Tony might get his valuation. There is also the possibility of some sort of PX deal with a player such as Abraham going the other way.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m not quite so sure.

There are a number of folk who have made themselves richer during this pandemic, if the teams they own want Biss and compete with each other to get him, Tony might get his valuation. There is also the possibility of some sort of PX deal with a player such as Abraham going the other way.

He might go. But his career could stall if he goes to a top club right now as he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place. I reckon TB's asking price would be massive as well.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I’d be surprised if there would be much change out of £50M, assuming Tony Bloom doesn’t want to get us further up the league first. In terms of squad development it would be better if Bissouma signs a new 4 year deal and we sell in two years time. Might be best outcome for all concerned.

I know the thread say if/when Bissouma leaves, but I agree. If we are to progress then Bissouma stays 2 years whilst the replacement is developed from Moder, White, Caicedo, AN other (£10 million) young Bissouma like signing. At the moment the central defence and Bissouma are so settled and secure it just isn't worth selling and disrupting it. We can't score enough, so to risk the defensive progress for £40/ £50 million doesn't feel worth it. So a new 4 yr contract at top wages (for us) and a reassurance he can leave in 2 years time, when the home grown replacement is up to speed.

If he develops shooting skills as quickly as he ironed out the defensive errors then Yves could be worth £60m - £70m in 2 years time, and we'll have had two years of progress and watching him back at the AMEX! I really hope he is enjoying being the joint first name on the sheet (with Sanchez) and wants to hear us singing his song again. I've got a good feeling he will be with us next season, and the inevitable rumours and talk this summer will be all about his agent getting him a decent wage on his new 4 year albion contract.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I know the thread say if/when Bissouma leaves, but I agree. If we are to progress then Bissouma stays 2 years whilst the replacement is developed from Moder, White, Caicedo, AN other (£10 million) young Bissouma like signing. At the moment the central defence and Bissouma are so settled and secure it just isn't worth selling and disrupting it. We can't score enough, so to risk the defensive progress for £40/ £50 million doesn't feel worth it. So a new 4 yr contract at top wages (for us) and a reassurance he can leave in 2 years time, when the home grown replacement is up to speed.

If he develops shooting skills as quickly as he ironed out the defensive errors then Yves could be worth £60m - £70m in 2 years time, and we'll have had two years of progress and watching him back at the AMEX! I really hope he is enjoying being the joint first name on the sheet (with Sanchez) and wants to hear us singing his song again. I've got a good feeling he will be with us next season, and the inevitable rumours and talk this summer will be all about his agent getting him a decent wage on his new 4 year albion contract.

I don't think Bissouma will sign a contract extension if he knows bigger clubs are interested... Why would he?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Granted, he was excellent against Leeds, but he does need to improve his descision making before being a top, top player.
Keeping him this summer would be a good plan - and not impossible. He's contracted to 2023, and if we finish next season in mid table - say around 10th. - his value should have increased - and he'll have an even better chance of a top top move.

So to answer the op's question, his replacement probably isn't at the club yet.
You can bet your boots he is here already! Discounting Propper and Gross, who are more to do with the past and immediate present than the future, we've got six young full internationals, plus future England international Ben White, all queuing up to take his place!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here