Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus got the sack, would you have him back?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If it was't for Crofts, Murray, Bennett, El-abd, Elphick and Gary Dicker already being in the squad before Poyet arrived. I really doubt Poyet would've got the credentials he received for managing Brighton.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If it was't for Crofts, Murray, Bennett, El-abd, Elphick and Gary Dicker already being in the squad before Poyet arrived. I really doubt Poyet would've got the credentials he received for managing Brighton.

I'd say you're-writing history there MZ. Whoever he inherited he turned us from relegation contenders into a team that spanked the division a season later. That's not luck or good fortune - he's a very good manager.

But I don't want him back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd say you're-writing history there MZ. Whoever he inherited he turned us from relegation contenders into a team that spanked the division a season later. That's not luck or good fortune - he's a very good manager.

Yep this. Bit like our squad is a lower to mid table at best squad and CH seems to be just about getting us to mid table. But as TH said Sami gave the rest of the division a 6mth head start.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

We weren't relegation contenders. We were just massively under-achieving at the beginning of Tony Bloom's first season.

Didn't Poyet take over the Albion in November/ December time anyway?

Hardly a relegation dog fight.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No, but I'll have that sack back thank you very much Mr Poyet you thieving *******.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
produced the best football we have ever seen as Brighton fan but we have all moved on, him and us, so NO is the answer.

Really....REALLY!!!!.....you can't be serious.
I think you are suffering from a disorder that afflicts a number of BHA fans where Gus Poyet is concerned. Its called ' selective memory disorder ' They remember the free flowing wins against the likes of Blackpool and Barnsley ( poor sides ) the emotional win v Palace and one or two others. They forget the grindingly boring possession football, the back four rolling the ball between themselves for ages and the tight nervy games that ensued. I saw some of the worse football I have ever witnessed under Poyet. Mind numbing football. He lacked imagination at times and was always cautious. He wasn't a gambler. He was frightened to unleash Vicente. He would rather play safe. He did well, steering us to fourth but that was with the best team in the division. We should have gone up automatically. ( certain other managers would have taken us up )
Poyet is self-centred and not that intelligent. He has an animal cunning but is a rather empty vessel. In his playing career he would drive teammates mad with his incessant talking and self-importance. I don't believe he is a listener and I don't believe he is learner. Why should he be...he knows everything already. His managerial career won't develop. He has peaked already. Basic gameplans, too rigid, too cautious.
Its an obvious no from me, for the above reasons, but above anything else, I felt that his behaviour, in his last few weeks here, was not befitting of a manager of BHA. He showed his true character and its a character I don't like. I don't like my club being held to ransom. I don't like my Chairman being held to ransom and I don't like my manager prostituting himself to a rival club, when he should have been concentrating on getting BHA promoted.
CH is a decent man, a good manager and an honourable one. Thats good enough for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We weren't relegation contenders. We were just massively under-achieving at the beginning of Tony Bloom's first season.

Didn't Poyet take over the Albion in November/ December time anyway?

Hardly a relegation dog fight.

We were in the relegation zone and Slade couldn't buy a win. Never go back is a good motto.

Egotistical managers tend to do better than the quieter ones, but they all make mistakes on the way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've got a perfectly decent manager right now, why would I want the walking glass ceiling that is Poyet back?

I've already heard rumblings against Hughton especially about his team selections, and squad rotations. I heard someone wanting him sacked after yesterday's game.
All managerial appointments end in tears, one way or another.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've already heard rumblings against Hughton especially about his team selections, and squad rotations. I heard someone wanting him sacked after yesterday's game.
All managerial appointments end in tears, one way or another.

:lolol:

Why did it take so long ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Go on
image.jpg

You know you wanna :thumbsup:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Really....REALLY!!!!.....you can't be serious.
I think you are suffering from a disorder that afflicts a number of BHA fans where Gus Poyet is concerned. Its called ' selective memory disorder ' They remember the free flowing wins against the likes of Blackpool and Barnsley ( poor sides ) the emotional win v Palace and one or two others. They forget the grindingly boring possession football, the back four rolling the ball between themselves for ages and the tight nervy games that ensued. I saw some of the worse football I have ever witnessed under Poyet. Mind numbing football. He lacked imagination at times and was always cautious. He wasn't a gambler. He was frightened to unleash Vicente. He would rather play safe. He did well, steering us to fourth but that was with the best team in the division. We should have gone up automatically. ( certain other managers would have taken us up )
Poyet is self-centred and not that intelligent. He has an animal cunning but is a rather empty vessel. In his playing career he would drive teammates mad with his incessant talking and self-importance. I don't believe he is a listener and I don't believe he is learner. Why should he be...he knows everything already. His managerial career won't develop. He has peaked already. Basic gameplans, too rigid, too cautious.
Its an obvious no from me, for the above reasons, but above anything else, I felt that his behaviour, in his last few weeks here, was not befitting of a manager of BHA. He showed his true character and its a character I don't like. I don't like my club being held to ransom. I don't like my Chairman being held to ransom and I don't like my manager prostituting himself to a rival club, when he should have been concentrating on getting BHA promoted.
CH is a decent man, a good manager and an honourable one. Thats good enough for me.[/QUOTE

That just about sums it up. Would you pay to watch a game of chess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here