Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus got the sack, would you have him back?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No chance. His personal 'ceiling' is too low.

However, if Tony forgave him, then I'd have to accept that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, bring him back - and Murray and Barnes and Bridcutt and Buckley and Ulloa and Zamora and Upson and Ward and Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Or perhaps it's just time to move on............

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
All concerned have moved on but never say never

I will say "never". Poyet did an amazing job during his Withdean period of 19 months. Brilliant possession and attacking football, sound player ins and outs.

It all unravelled after that - he didn't rate the brilliant Murray worthy of modest Championship pay, paid fortunes in the fee and wages on CMS, increasing soundbites through the media about the club's budget being unambitious (despite TB subsidising collosal losses in bringing in almost everyone Poyet demanded), umpteen home losses and draws failing to turn the Amex into a fortress, goals often dried up, outsmarted by Wurzel at the pivotel moment in both clubs (BHA & CP) histories and then blamed it on other forces, and angled for a move away to a club with a bigger budget.

He's come unstuck at Sunderland with awful acquisitions, a lack of goals, slow boring football, possession with no purpose and politicking about their budget. The very same things that marked much of his Amex time.

No thanks, never again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will say "never". Poyet did an amazing job during his Withdean period of 19 months. Brilliant possession and attacking football, sound player ins and outs.

It all unravelled after that - he didn't rate the brilliant Murray worthy of modest Championship pay, paid fortunes in the fee and wages on CMS, increasing soundbites through the media about the club's budget being unambitious (despite TB subsidising collosal losses in bringing in almost everyone Poyet demanded), umpteen home losses and draws failing to turn the Amex into a fortress, goals often dried up, outsmarted by Wurzel at the pivotel moment in both clubs (BHA & CP) histories and then blamed it on other forces, and angled for a move away to a club with a bigger budget.

He's come unstuck at Sunderland with awful acquisitions, a lack of goals, slow boring football, possession with no purpose and politicking about their budget. The very same things that marked much of his Amex time.

No thanks, never again.

Agree with all that.

A greedy and whinging man. It's normally someone elses fault with him. His ego prevents any heart felt admittance of fault or mistakes, which also means he never learns.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we were without a manager, we'd be mad not to have Gus back. He's one of, if not the best, Brighton manager of all time. A total legend.

Having said that, I quite like the cut of Houghton's jib and he deserves a fair crack of the whip. We should let him build a team for the future and not look back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club needs the benefit of a calm productive pre-season of team-building. CH is absolutely the right man to do that. He's already stopped the rot that gave the rest of the division a half-season start on us. If GP came back, he'd still be looking for the main chance somewhere else, he'd still be banging on about glass ceilings and he'd still generally be a disruptive influence. IMHO, like. Plus he'd doubtless bring back his backroom sidekicks. We've hopefully moved on from all that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Oscar had already said no to coming back and we had a vacancy I wouldn't mind seeing the return of gus. Clearly never going to happen though

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No way jose.

Even yesterday he can't leave it alone - "I was doing very well at Brighton and I still got the sack so you never know."

What an utter tool.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Even the Blunderland fans call him an egotistical loose cannon. No way do I want him and his utter lack of emotional intelligence to go anywhere but into management at League Two Burton Albion or Bury FC once Blunderland give him Das boot. It says it all that some on readytogo are harking back to Di Canio as being preferable to Poyet.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Loved it when he was here, but it seems so long ago now. I wouldn't have him back. He doesn't seem able to develop, so it'd be ill-fitting to take such a step backwards when football hasn't.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Surely he's destined for Chelsea or Leeds. Surely.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Happy with the guy we have.

Fond memories of Gus overall - I try to wish to wish him well but, for example, I find I can't say the line "Sunderland 0 Aston Villa 4" without smiling

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
When Adams came back a second time it was a disaster. In my opinion Pouyet was a great manger, took a struggling League one team to champions, and then established the team in the championship giving us the highest finish during my lifetime.
Through those times we had some great games, flayed attractive football and he got in players who were fantastic.

Wold I have him back though, no,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here